"What's a Bishonen?" - 2012

Started by kookiekween99, June 03, 2011, 07:38:50 AM

kookiekween99

So at ASAHiCon last April, my friend Jackie did a panel called "What's a Bishonen? Chu~" which explained the origin of the term bishonen and gave several examples throughout history. She also explained the different elements that make up a bishonen and gave the different types of bishonen. It was pretty successful and had all the girls going crazy. So she and I were wondering if anyone would be interested in her doing this at Fanime?

What are your thoughts? I'm totally open to suggestions on how we can improve this concept. :)

EDIT: Seperated into two different topics, as someone suggested. See the Rave Culture 101 thread here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16449.0.html
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

PyronIkari

Quote from: kookiekween99 on June 03, 2011, 07:38:50 AM
So at ASAHiCon last April, my friend Jackie did a panel called "What's a Bishonen? Chu~" which explained the origin of the term bishonen and gave several examples throughout history. She also explained the different elements that make up a bishonen and gave the different types of bishonen. It was pretty successful and had all the girls going crazy. So she and I were wondering if anyone would be interested in her doing this at Fanime?

What are your thoughts? I'm totally open to suggestions on how we can improve this concept. :)

EDIT: Seperated into two different topics, as someone suggested. See the Rave Culture 101 thread here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16449.0.html

I'm not understanding this at all. origins? Types? Bishounen is pretty straight simple and dry. "Pretty boy". Shounen means young male or boy, generally the age after being a toddler, but not quite a young adult. Pretty in the literal terms. Not handsome, or attractive, but "Pretty"

I've summed up the panel in 4 sentences. Anything more than that isn't really accurate but just opinions which can vary between person. "Types" don't fit into "bishounen" but a different characteristic. So I don't follow.

eHash

wow...the fire from your mouth is just blazing LOL