The Queen's High Tea (Kuroshitsuji 2012 Gathering)

Started by raenef, June 03, 2011, 07:47:54 PM

CommandantCat

Oh man, using a sewing machine from around... the... hm.. I heard the 50's mentioned. So pretty boss. But my William vest is so fabulous ;u; otherwise there are wings to be made. I am frightened by the concept.
COMMANDANT CAT
----
Cosplay, Art, and Costuming
=
Kuroshitsuji - William T. Spears
Homestuck - Gamzee Maraka (jester!Gamzee)
Originals - Mad Hatter, Evil Angel

raenef

Goodluck koolcalcat! Did you make the whole dress today? That's insane!

@CC- Those machines are normally the sturdiest! I much prefer going home to use my mother's really old sewing machine that's metal than my new plastic one. Have you found any tutorials on wings? I've seen a couple on deviant a while ago...

Everyone keep working strong! We'll be the most fabulous group at fanime~
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

koolcalcat1

Sorta i just need to make the skirt...The shirt is done...hehe

CommandantCat

Haha Ash, I have everything prepared for my Gamzee cosplay aside from the hat and the shirt which I am dreading to cut out. Especially the puffy sleeves... but my pants came out wonderfully. SO if I can make something /decent/ you are set :D

Oh yeah Raenef, this this was hardcore once I got it working. So sturdy and the options are very diverse compared to newer one's I've used
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

SabienStrange

I love old sewing machines too.
If they're not breaking and dying on you, they're pretty impervious and reliable.
Although I wish mine would stop launching needles near my eyes...

As for me, I've already finished Sebastian [nevermakingatailcoatagain].
I do need to trim his wig up, because for some reason there is a beastly amount of hair on that thing.
My secret cosplay and a Derse Jane commission are my only really stressful concerns,
because it's basically going to be detail city with beads for forever and ever after I reach a certain point. x_x

CommandantCat

Quote from: SabienStrange on January 30, 2012, 02:37:39 AM

As for me, I've already finished Sebastian [nevermakingatailcoatagain].

WOULD YOU LIKE TO APPLY FOR A POSITION IN A KUROSHITSUJI PANEL! ha.. Sorry, seems I have only had one Sebastian applicant who didn't even properly fill out the smallllllllllll form I left, or respond to my email when I requested it of him.
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

sael

Quote from: SabienStrange on January 30, 2012, 02:37:39 AM
[nevermakingatailcoatagain]

I promised that I'd never attempt another frock coat again.... and then I decided to modify one for John Brown.... Someone kill me now before I start sewing a double-breasted frock coat with pleats.....

raenef

*rolls around in frock coats* I don't see whatever could be the problem

whitexotaku

Hey everyone, I'm not going to be joining the gathering afterall...not sure if I already said this or not...but yeah...sorry
Fanime 2014 plans:
Friday: Either Eren or Annie from AoT
Saturday: Ruby from RWBY
Sunday: Vav from Rooster Teeth

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: raenef on January 30, 2012, 07:15:18 PM
*rolls around in frock coats* I don't see whatever could be the problem
Coats, coats... so many lovely coats~ <3
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

JiiiWiz

Whoa, looks like we are getting more people! Looks like I'll be be needing to buy more pretty plates. (I'll be bringing gold trim and beige or silver plates too...so it would kind of match the theme of Kuroshitsuji and whatnot.~) But I'm still debating on the muffins. Would anyone want the regular sized muffins, mini muffins (cupcakes), or both?
"Please don't.."

CommandantCat

I have a very important question. Which I would like to get a response from as many people as possible for some sort of feedback.

Well, if under proper conditioning. Would it be acceptable. For myself, as William T. Spears, to propose to my Grell during the gathering? You see we were engaged when she slept over and then we went to a cemetary and LONG STORY! And either way it is a photo opportunity, and fangirl opportunity. BUT MOST OF ALL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY! The "wedding" so to speak could be at the tea. And Grell is bringing a triple layered tier cake, that I don't think sharing at the tea would be any problem.

And she has sort of been looking forward to wearing her wedding dress for some time. Uhm, how do I, go about, Hm.

Women and fake weddings confuse me I can only say this.
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

SabienStrange

Quote from: CommandantCat on January 30, 2012, 07:54:46 AM
WOULD YOU LIKE TO APPLY FOR A POSITION IN A KUROSHITSUJI PANEL! ha.. Sorry, seems I have only had one Sebastian applicant who didn't even properly fill out the smallllllllllll form I left, or respond to my email when I requested it of him.

AOFEINAWLOL! Oh gosh, I've never done a panel before. I'd be so nervous and would probably destroy his character. x_x
As for the Wedding thingy, I don't have a problem with it.
You two are a legit couple, and not just random people who just met a minute ago and have decided to make out for hours in public, so it's actually a little more meaningful and okay to me,
Especially if you both met in those costumes or something similar. <3
Maybe I'm just being old fashioned and stuffy, but er, yeah ~ Either way, it sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

Quote from: chaosbark on January 30, 2012, 05:28:40 PM
I promised that I'd never attempt another frock coat again.... and then I decided to modify one for John Brown.... Someone kill me now before I start sewing a double-breasted frock coat with pleats.....

What. No, bad, put the scissors down and step awaaay from the fabric. D8
With that said, I think the most difficult parts about these coats is the damn collars and random bits and bobs of things that don't make sense.
Like Sebastian's coat collar? That is stupid and why does that exist.

CommandantCat

QuoteEspecially if you both met in those costumes or something similar. <3

Last Fanime //shot

It was a weekend of oddity.

But yay . o .

AND I AM SURE YOU WOULD DO FINE IN A PANEL! Just keep composure! I mean hey, I have to be William. You try not smiling for an hour.
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

raenef

Quote from: CommandantCat on January 31, 2012, 02:06:46 PM

AND I AM SURE YOU WOULD DO FINE IN A PANEL! Just keep composure! I mean hey, I have to be William. You try not smiling for an hour.

Awe you guys have the hardest times....I just get to run around eating cake GPOY

CommandantCat

You get cake, all get cake. >o> If I get one spot on my suit I will smack a bitch.

WHAT DOES GPOY MEAN DAMMIT!
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

koolcalcat1

So Angela's dress is done....I'm trying to figure out how to wear the cosutmes...Ash at the gathering then Angela at the tea? Idk

koolcalcat1

Oh and will i'd love to see you propse to your grell. It would be magical!

(And i cant wait for the panel!)

sael

Just so you know, the tea may be occurring at the same time as the gathering/fanshots as we will be using the banquet room that the Fanime staff have gotten for us. A nice place, indoors, and away from lobby traffic :3

Congrats on meeting your girlfriend last Fanime :) So long as you allow others to hog some of the camera spotlight, I see no reason for you not to have a mock wedding at the gathering.

And, I worry about spots as well - Raenef and I will be completely in white. Anyone with food had better not come close to me - I will kill if I see one spot. Trust me, even with my sunglasses on, I can see well enough to notice a spot.

@kool - Haha, whether Ash or Angela, I'll be your manga twin XD

raenef

Quote from: CommandantCat on January 31, 2012, 06:50:34 PM
WHAT DOES GPOY MEAN DAMMIT!

Hehe, it means "gratuitous post of yourself"

Yea...I'm going to be hiding in a sanitary corner and hope no one touches me with food *stands on table in fear*