Sengoku Basara Gathering 2012 "Get Yo Guns On! And Let's party!!!"

Started by Knight of Infinity, June 09, 2011, 10:19:01 AM

Enkai

It's actually an Eastern chainmail weave, which is essentially a chain grid, for lack of a better way to describe it (Nobunaga's is a traditional western weave, for comparison).  If you had a lot more resources, the way it's rendered, it would be larger rings (like 1/4" inner diameter) being connected by smaller rings (1/8" diameter).  When we did all our chainmail work, we only had the setup to make 1/4" rings, so our group's Date did his chainmail with all 1/4" rings.  He also only made it to cover his arms.

Actually, better idea:
http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=75&cat=Chainmail+Weaves+Samples  Date's weave appears to be the Oriental 4-in-1.  For Nobunaga, we used the European 4-in-1 weave.

...the hubby's done a fair bit with SCA at various points in his life, so I learned a lot about chainmail from him explaining it to all of us.  And yes, we stared at high-res images for a long time.  ^^;  Artbooks are great for that.

We know the whole fragile costume thing way too well.  Nobunaga's spikes are the worst thing.  For AOD, we decided to just tear them all off and reattach them with magnets because it's annoying to have to carry around a hot glue gun for whenever they *inevitably* fall off.  Also, it made navigating the halls a lot easier.

They need to be able to fall off though; it's better for the costume to take damage than for somebody walking around us to take damage if they run into the spikes.  But carrying around a hot glue gun is annoying.

manik_semiramis

O_O  The oriental 4-in-1 weave doesn't look nearly as bad as the European 4-in-1, which is the one I tried.  Hm... I think I have both the jump ring sizes (the 1/4" and 1/8") ones, but IDK if the 1/8" ones are in the right width.... Have to go check.

That is a great resource, btw.  :D *bookmarks page*
-Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee!

-Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

torarin

I'll be Mitsunari Ishida~! When will this gathering take place? : D

manik_semiramis

*glomps torarin~!*  YAAAY~!  XD  Finally!  Lord Grumpy will be there~  Now we can do the Easter/Western Army photoshoots~  :D
-Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee!

Locke Octavian

I am looking forward to this gathering so much!  I was able to have Kojuro ready at Sakuracon, so I really am excited to wear him to Fanime.  Just need to finish redoing the coat and he'll be done!

torarin

Quote from: manik_semiramis on April 20, 2012, 08:19:32 PM
*glomps torarin~!*  YAAAY~!  XD  Finally!  Lord Grumpy will be there~  Now we can do the Easter/Western Army photoshoots~  :D

My Oichi~! <3
I'm all for the Western army group shots~! BD

manik_semiramis

Finally sat down and made Oichi wearable and tested her out at DAICon~  :3  Now it's time to make a few changes and she should be done well before Fanime  XD

Yukari Kaiba

its looking like its going to be a pretty decent turnout this year, I am so excited to hang out with everyone.

CON IS THIS MONTH! 8D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Nikkiolie

I am getting close to being done with my improvements. I am really excited to see how the new helmet turns out.

I am also super excited for con. I'm still kinda in recovery mode from Sakuracon so it doesn't feel that close but I leave in 3 weeks x.x 
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

Siri Ex

A little late to the party here but I'll be there in default Mouri!

BSaphire

Just a reminder that the Official List closes on the 17th so please submit your SR if you would like your gathering listed.
Thanks
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Nikkiolie

The updates for battle Date are complete. I am working on the kimono then I have casual/at home Date done. I just need to add the lip around the neck and front and add some ties and it is ready to go!
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

Nikkiolie

I was looking at the list of the gatherings and the Basara one isn't on there. I guess we will just have to spread the information by word of mouth. Its a shame that it didn't get posted in that topic
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

Knight of Infinity

Oh snap thats what appens for not paying attention to the forums! DANG. Well the gathering is still gonna happen official or not.
Knight of Infinity at your service!