Sengoku Basara Gathering 2012 "Get Yo Guns On! And Let's party!!!"

Started by Knight of Infinity, June 09, 2011, 10:19:01 AM

Knight of Infinity

Does anyone have ideas for Photoshoot pairing/groups? can we get a list going?
Knight of Infinity at your service!

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Knight of Infinity on February 03, 2012, 11:28:15 PM
Does anyone have ideas for Photoshoot pairing/groups? can we get a list going?

Definitely an Eastern Army VS Western Army shot would be cool. Rivalry pairs (Date/Yukimura, Ieyasu/Mitsunari etc)...and one big group shot is a given of  course =)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

raenef

(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

manik_semiramis

-Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee!

-Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

Yukari Kaiba

I'm sure we'll come up with more when the con gets a little closer and we're more inspired :)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

manik_semiramis

Hm~  So the 1200-1400 time is set, right?  >_<  Ah, choices~ 
-Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee!

Enkai

So now that Nouhime's actually in wearable condition, I feel okay saying I'm actually going to participate this time.  My husband and I will be at the gathering as Nobunaga and Nouhime, although we may need to ditch a bit before 2:00 if masquerade ends up on Saturday in order to change into our masq costumes.

myotishi

My sister doesn't have an account, but she's planning on being there as Ranmaru. :>

Nova

I'm Nikkiolie's Yukimura! I'll be there with my regular, gakuen version, and another, very comfy outfit for him. ;)

Yukari Kaiba

FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yukari Kaiba

SIGNAL BOOST

soooooo i really think we should pick a time as the con is next month (ALSKJSLKDF), just saying :>
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

manik_semiramis

Lol, I think the noon-2pm thing is pretty solid....which makes me cry a little because the FF gathering's at the same time, but that's okay because Sengoku Basara's awesome~

Nikkiolie

I am fine with the noon-2. I thought that was the plan to start with anyway XD.

Now I am even more excited for Fanime since Sakuracon is over and I met some of you guys there (or at least there are basara cosplayers that were there that are going to wear Basara at fanime) I need to make a few touchups to the costume and I am good to go. I basically want to make some of the armor out of plastic rather than craft foam. And I need to fix up the back of the chain-mail shirt since a few links came off.
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

Knight of Infinity

Goddamn, why does everyone keep telling me to do chain mail! Anyway, sorry for not being a bit more active, been having alot of shit to deal with recently. Like blowing my RX-7s engine, then the new engine that gets dropped in starts an engine fire. While basically not making any money even though I have a job. Fixing my Date Masamune seems even more annoying now... ARRRG but ill do it and make sure this gathering is a great success!

It seems like there is no major conflict in the gatherings time so it will be set for 12-2. Unless there is a majority of us that would like it to be shifted an hour back? Vut as for now it is set for 12-2.

Nikkiolie

Quote from: Knight of Infinity on April 11, 2012, 05:33:30 AM
Goddamn, why does everyone keep telling me to do chain mail!

I think it makes the costume look like you took an extra step. I mean in all the video games refrences he has chainmail. Only in the anime is there none. It can just be expensive/time consuming. I actually loved my chainmail. It fit well and was not very hard to move around in.

I started remaking my helmet today. While cutting the plastic I cut my finger pretty deep x.x I'm going out of town and I really want to work on remaking things. Oh well I will have more than enough time to finish everything I need to get done.
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

Knight of Infinity

Well I guess in popular demand I will do chainmail. Even though I was against doing the video game version because it would cause inaccuracies between the Anime version and Game version. What areas does he have chain mail? It's only visible on the arms right? I have to remake my helmet too, it was badly damaged at ALA. Man, being broke sucks big time. I cant even take my car out to races anymore... T~T Let alone drive it to fanime and show off some JDM badass-ness hope I can get both fixed in time....

Nikkiolie

I need to fix up the back on mine and lengthen the sleeves a tad bit more so they don't fall out of the bracers. I'm also going to start making a list of things to improve. I have a good idea already. One day I will make some swords, though its nice having mine so light as is. I also need to remake my sixth sword since I will have a Kojuro and it would be weird walking around carring his sword. Also I don't like having that mix. I used video games refrences for my costume and that is the only thing that is anime related. I got lots of plans and I'm super excited to start *-*
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

manik_semiramis

Quote from: Knight of Infinity on April 11, 2012, 04:01:28 PM
Well I guess in popular demand I will do chainmail. Even though I was against doing the video game version because it would cause inaccuracies between the Anime version and Game version. What areas does he have chain mail? It's only visible on the arms right? I have to remake my helmet too, it was badly damaged at ALA. Man, being broke sucks big time. I cant even take my car out to races anymore... T~T Let alone drive it to fanime and show off some JDM badass-ness hope I can get both fixed in time....

You don't have to do chainmail if you don't want to, and priorities first, you know.  It's sort of vague in the anime version of him, but in the artbook I have, some of the pictures have these marks on his sleeve that suggest chainmail (or  fishnets, but I don't think fishnets is IC for him~).  And manga Date doesn't have chainmail, it looks like.  So it's really up to you.  :P  I just have fun telling you to get chainmail.  But both the anime and game look to me like he's wearing a chestplate of some kind?

Nikkiolie

Yeah in the anime it doesn't look like he has chainmail, just a black shirt.
Facebook Page
Fanime 2015
jolyne - Jjba
Caesar - Jjba
Judal -magi
Date - Basara

manik_semiramis

Btw, if you wanna make it yourself, I have some links that I bought with the intention of making chainmail that I'm not using anymore.  ~_~  I made a choker, bracelet and belt set, then decided I was too lazy to do more.  :3

Ah, cosplay work aside, I meant to share this with everyone~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7sG4tdPhVc&feature=context&context=C4420294ADvjVQa1PpcFOdk0LBk9411T97djVpKO8phUQ1RnF9b6E%3D