2013 Edition of "Looking for..." thread

Started by BSaphire, June 15, 2011, 07:12:43 AM

Amanojaku

With the 3rd game, Hypderdimension Neptunia Victory about to be released, and an upcoming anime later this year, I was wondering if anyone was planning to cosplay as any of the characters from this series?  I've only seen cosplay for it once, but it seems to be developing a cult following like other NIS franchises.
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

CaptainMadAsAHatter

I plan to hopefully go as turbo one of the days, turbo being my fav character, if other people are going and want to meet up, what would be a good day to meet? I would like to know in order to get a ride there that day :)

bitter-bug

hi everyone! this will be my second fanime. i would really love to get involved with some cosplay groups, if at all possible-- i think it's fun to run around with people, even if its just for a few hours! i plan to attend the meet ups, but if anyone is interested in just running around for a bit as characters from the same video game/anime and making new friends, that would be awesome! <3

FINAL FANTASY X
i'll be going as summoner yuna. anyone want to do a final fantasy x group?

ONE PIECE
i'll be there as miss valentine. would love to find some fellow one piece people to run around with for a bit! mr. five?

ADVENTURE TIME
HOPEFULLY going as princess cotton candy (almost have it done). saw some amazing adventure time cosplays last year and would love to meet more of you!

i think it's a lot of fun to bond with other cosplayers, and it would be really awesome to be a part of some group cosplays. good luck on your cosplays, everyone! hope to see you around!

(my deviantart is 'bitter-bug', if you need to see the kind of cosplays i do; i am by no means advanced, but i work really hard on them!)

djmonolith

Quote from: bitter-bug on March 02, 2013, 11:15:53 PM

ONE PIECE
i'll be there as miss valentine. would love to find some fellow one piece people to run around with for a bit! mr. five?

Miss Valentine will be a great cosplay...
I would love to go as Perona, but I fear I am running out of time!
This is my signature.

Capn

Quote from: AngelicSquid on February 28, 2013, 02:17:53 AM
With the new Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime out now I was wondering if there is a cosplay gathering for it? I know there have been gatherings in the past but they were all small. Just wanted to know since my boyfriend and his friend are probably gonna do Dio and Jotaro.

If there is a thread for it if some could link me it, that would be awesome! :D

There isn't a set gathering, I don't think. There will be tons of JoJo cosplayers, though. My friends and I have a small SBR group planned. Maybe an official gathering will be set up once the con gets closer.

luluuxduplica1223

Just curious, is anyone doing Future Diary/Mirai Nikki at fanime? I might be Yuno~ :)
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

DangerHeart

Quote from: Tris-chan on February 04, 2013, 09:31:24 AM
So...anybody watching AKB0048? Anybody else COSPLAYING from it? I will be! I may also cosplay from love live, but...dunno yet.

Not from the anime but my friend and I are wearing AKB48 outfits for one of the days.

KuriQueenofFeels

I'd be so down if this was on Friday or Monday. I don't have everything "set" yet, but I know for a fact I can't do Saturday ( FF gathering), and Sunday is unlikely.

If things work out I'll be Sergeant Calhoun, maybe with my group ( Felix, Vanellope and Ralph) depending on their scheduals. ^^

Cosplay Lineup 2017
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Friday: Death Scene Dress
Saturday: Kingsglaive
Monday: Casual Short Dress

Sunday: Vaporeon, with group

Gunbuster

2013 marks the 25th anniversary of my favorite anime, and I was wondering if anyone was planning costumes. I've seen a few Norikos in years past. I'm planning to at least fix up and wear my Coach Ota costume. Though my ideal plan is the Gunbuster herself, but it's looking more and more unlikely. :-\

Anyone else going to Aim for the Top?

CastMember12

Cosplay Spectacular Skit
Looking For Sohmas (Fruits Basket)

Hello fellow cosplayers,
I am looking for some people to do a Fruits Basket sketch for the cosplay spectacular (masquerade). Further details will be provided once more cosplayers are on board, but for some starting out details:

-you do not need to have a Fruits Basket costume already
-ideally I would like all of Juunishi plus cat and Tohru (so fourteen cosplayers)

I don't want to give too much away right now in case I can get this show on the road but please reply if you are interested. I do have back up plans but I just want to start with the ideal situation right now and that is one laid out above. And you have friends that might be interested, then tell them.

Thank you,
CastMember12

luluuxduplica1223

Quote from: CastMember12 on March 20, 2013, 06:41:49 PM
Cosplay Spectacular Skit
Looking For Sohmas (Fruits Basket)

Hello fellow cosplayers,
I am looking for some people to do a Fruits Basket sketch for the cosplay spectacular (masquerade). Further details will be provided once more cosplayers are on board, but for some starting out details:

-you do not need to have a Fruits Basket costume already
-ideally I would like all of Juunishi plus cat and Tohru (so fourteen cosplayers)

I don't want to give too much away right now in case I can get this show on the road but please reply if you are interested. I do have back up plans but I just want to start with the ideal situation right now and that is one laid out above. And you have friends that might be interested, then tell them.

Thank you,
CastMember12

I am hosting a fruits basket gathering this year :) You can go and post on it if you'd like. :)
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

ga-ko

Hello,

I am looking for a few cosplayers for a Hetalia Skit for the Masquerade this year. We're looking for a Northern Italy, Germany, and or an America. If you'd like to join us, you would need to have made your own costume as that's one of the rule requirements to enter the Masquerade. You would also need to sign a waiver required by Fanime, and it would be easier to do if you are 18+ as you won't need a parent to sign it for you.

If you'd like to join, please contact me or visit our cosplay group's facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pizza-Time-Cosplay/153063788186804?fref=ts and post there and we can provide more information as far as to what the skit is about. I've already posted in the Hetalia gathering thread as well.

I'm also looking to see if anyone is cosplaying as any Metal Gear characters. My boyfriend is going as GA-KO camouflage Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3 and would love to get some photos with some other Metal Gear cosplayers.

tykpon

Does anyone know if there's going to be a Hellsing gathering or photoshoot this year? I'd be going as Schrodinger.

JazzJuicebox

'Sup fellas, and lady fellas ; )

I am currently looking for an Ouran group or at least a Mori to my Honey. I can't cosplay Honey on Saturday because I'll be cosplaying something but any other day is great! I have other cosplays planned but I'm a little unorganized with the planning of it all.

Here's my cosplay: http://jazzjuicebox.deviantart.com/gallery/42650677 I do have Usa-chan and I'm getting ready to fix up the jacket. ^^

So yeah, let me know if there are will be any OHSHC cosplayers this year.
Okay bye~ Love 'ya~ <3
Thursday: Short Round
Friday: Hani/Honey - OHSHC (Maybe)
Saturday: Four-Eyes - RE:ORC
Sunday: Aladdin - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Monday: Undecided

Naiagu

I'm looking for a Gintama gathering/group, I will be going as Sa-chan and possibly having my bf come as Kintoki. I have not set in stone which day I'm going as what cosplay as I'm waiting for at least one of my cosplay picks to select days for gatherings.
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

L0Lpants

Quote from: Naiagu on March 25, 2013, 04:21:06 PM
I'm looking for a Gintama gathering/group, I will be going as Sa-chan and possibly having my bf come as Kintoki. I have not set in stone which day I'm going as what cosplay as I'm waiting for at least one of my cosplay picks to select days for gatherings.

It looks like Gintama doesn't have an arranged gathering this year but Gintama cosplayers always end up at the Shonen Jump Gathering anyway instead. So you should go find them there
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

Naiagu

Quote from: L0Lpants on March 25, 2013, 07:07:07 PM
Quote from: Naiagu on March 25, 2013, 04:21:06 PM

It looks like Gintama doesn't have an arranged gathering this year but Gintama cosplayers always end up at the Shonen Jump Gathering anyway instead. So you should go find them there

Thanks! I shall hunt for them!
Fanime line up 2017:
Thur:
Fri: Ruby Rose 4th Season
Sat: Sa-chan(Gintama)
Sun: AM Haruhi (Ouran) / PM Phichit (YOI)

Kell-chan

Any "Tales of" peeps around this year? I was surprised not to see a gathering for it. I've never run one myself, but if my group is down and I get enough feedback, I'd throw my name into it. Anywho, I'd love to see you all! My group will be rolling the Vanguard from Tales of Symphonia: DotNW - Richter, Decus, and Alice.

TheMBear

Quote from: michibeloved on February 25, 2013, 01:03:57 PM
Anyone cosplaying from Borderlands?
I'll be going as Mad Moxxi.
Hopefully going as Salvador the Gunzerker...just trying to make sure that all the pieces in my costume are acceptable by Fanime's Prop and Costume Policy, etc.

Cartoon Lunatic

Will be going as Leonardo of TMNT fame, decked out in ninja gear. Hope to find other TMNT cosplayers of any sorts! If you know someone, let me know! Can't wait for Con time!
Fanime 2011 Cosplays:
The Red Hood: 100% Complete
Rocket Grunt: 100% Complete
NOOB-SAIBOT: 90% Getting there!