2013 Edition of "Looking for..." thread

Started by BSaphire, June 15, 2011, 07:12:43 AM

kagome437

Hey, well i am not new to fanime.. this will be my 3rd year attending (yayz) but I've never really been to a gathering. usually i end up getting lost, or just don't remember where to go. those are both my faults. but anyway onto the point...

At this point in time I am solidifying my cosplays so that i don't end up with the same issue as last year. (too many cosplays..too little days..and not enough energy) :D
so at this point I'm planning as going as Chobits Freya with my friends who's going as Chi. we will be doing Maid versions of them,  designs for them are still in the work. =) so look out for us.  (we'll probably be at the clamp gathering if there is one)

My second Cosplay is the one I'm worried about the most. It will be the first time I've taken on something this difficult. (note: I'm still a newbie). I will be cosplaying as Majeh from King of Hell. his envoy version that shows up in the first 2 books (alternate coloring) . This has been over a year project. I'm fearful of traveling with such an overly styled wig. so any tips for traveling with it would be helpful. (we are driving if that helps)(also any tips for styling would be great).
Also I'm looking for any fellow fans of the series..cause at this point i haven't meet very many people who know the series.  I'd love to meet people who know it  :D ;D :D

so if you can help me or if you know the series, let me know, cause I'm already scared that I'll be weird person running around in the unknown cosplay. (<--has happened in the past)   :P

maikiritori

Quote from: kagome437 on September 05, 2011, 03:21:13 PM
Hey, well i am not new to fanime.. this will be my 3rd year attending (yayz) but I've never really been to a gathering. usually i end up getting lost, or just don't remember where to go. those are both my faults. but anyway onto the point...

At this point in time I am solidifying my cosplays so that i don't end up with the same issue as last year. (too many cosplays..too little days..and not enough energy) :D
so at this point I'm planning as going as Chobits Freya with my friends who's going as Chi. we will be doing Maid versions of them,  designs for them are still in the work. =) so look out for us.  (we'll probably be at the clamp gathering if there is one)

My second Cosplay is the one I'm worried about the most. It will be the first time I've taken on something this difficult. (note: I'm still a newbie). I will be cosplaying as Majeh from King of Hell. his envoy version that shows up in the first 2 books (alternate coloring) . This has been over a year project. I'm fearful of traveling with such an overly styled wig. so any tips for traveling with it would be helpful. (we are driving if that helps)(also any tips for styling would be great).
Also I'm looking for any fellow fans of the series..cause at this point i haven't meet very many people who know the series.  I'd love to meet people who know it  :D ;D :D

so if you can help me or if you know the series, let me know, cause I'm already scared that I'll be weird person running around in the unknown cosplay. (<--has happened in the past)   :P

First off, I'm glad that you're returning. :D I love it when we get returners. Second, there is usually a CLAMP gathering of decent size. If I remember correctly, it is usually on Sundays, but that isn't always a guarantee. You should keep an eye out for it on the Cosplayer Gathering Department's official list (though it may still happen even if it's not on the list.) The link for that is here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13396.0.html
The Cosplayer Gatherings URL list is also a good place to quickly find gatherings that you might be interested in, which is here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12406.0.html
Thirdly, I'm super excited that you're doing a King of Hell cosplay. I haven't read that in years. I can't promise I'll recognize you because it's been so long since I read it, but I'm glad someone's representing. :D You might not get any answers to the travel portion of your post, so I suggest posting the question portion on the Cosplay Help Me thread, located here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13581.0.html

If at any time you need help, are lost, need to make an emergency touch up to your costume, or just plain relax in a PRESS FREE zone, please stop by the Cosplayer Hangout, or the Cosplayer Gathering Department table (for directions, any questions or chit chat ;)). We will be more than happy to have you!
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

kagome437

Quote from: maikiritori on September 06, 2011, 12:04:02 AM
Quote from: kagome437 on September 05, 2011, 03:21:13 PM

First off, I'm glad that you're returning. :D I love it when we get returners. Second, there is usually a CLAMP gathering of decent size. If I remember correctly, it is usually on Sundays, but that isn't always a guarantee. You should keep an eye out for it on the Cosplayer Gathering Department's official list (though it may still happen even if it's not on the list.) The link for that is here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13396.0.html
The Cosplayer Gatherings URL list is also a good place to quickly find gatherings that you might be interested in, which is here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,12406.0.html
Thirdly, I'm super excited that you're doing a King of Hell cosplay. I haven't read that in years. I can't promise I'll recognize you because it's been so long since I read it, but I'm glad someone's representing. :D You might not get any answers to the travel portion of your post, so I suggest posting the question portion on the Cosplay Help Me thread, located here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13581.0.html

If at any time you need help, are lost, need to make an emergency touch up to your costume, or just plain relax in a PRESS FREE zone, please stop by the Cosplayer Hangout, or the Cosplayer Gathering Department table (for directions, any questions or chit chat ;)). We will be more than happy to have you!

I plan to keep returning to fanime as long as possibly can. oh, yay for the clamp gathering, i was supposed to go last time but was unable to due to schedule issues. which if it takes place on Sunday i will most likely be unable to attend.  :(  but i will keep an eye on it and hope that will be able to attend it, if not oh well i will still have fun with my Chi.
lol yep ism representing an old series, which is my personal first and favorite series. whether or not people recognize me is something that scared me a little, cause it is a bit of an older series. But hey if you see me wandering around on either Saturday or Friday (most likely Saturday) say hi to me please  :D
alright I'll do that. Thanks for the help.  ;D. i appreciate it allot. its good to know that there's places i can go and ask for help so I'm not wandering aimlessly freaking inside cause I'm lost.

Juju

My girlfriend and I are generally looking for other Panty and Stocking and Bioshock cosplayers.  We were also curious is there will be photoshoots for either.  :D  Thanks!
Fanime 2k15 Line Up:
x Shuu Tsukiyama - Tokyo Ghoul
x Kuki Urie - Tokyo Ghoul:re
x Gundam Tanaka - Super Dangan Ronpa 2

[ Instagram: @shiraurie | Tumblr: tsukiyamore ]

maikiritori

Quote from: t3nt4cl3pr0n on November 03, 2011, 03:44:25 PM
My girlfriend and I are generally looking for other Panty and Stocking and Bioshock cosplayers.  We were also curious is there will be photoshoots for either.  :D  Thanks!

You should keep an eye out for them on the Cosplayer Gathering Department's official list (though they may still happen even if they're not on the list.) The link for that is here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13396.0.html

Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

morgaine

Any Le Chevalier D'Eon cosplayers out there who wanna meet up??
Fanime 2019
TBD

EJAY420

I just received my ALPHONSE ELRIC ARMOR COSTUME ( Full Metal  Alchemist Brotherhood) from shadowdalecreations. Cost me $1300. Measurements are off. Doesn't fit me.  It looks really nice!   Im thinking about selling it or having it used for a masquerade skit??? Pm me for details.
Most Impressive.

Angelx624

Quote from: Duo Monkey on June 21, 2011, 11:13:04 PM
>.> <.< I'm searching for the Pluto that kinda did the second Kuro gathering. Or anyone that took pictures at that one. I was the Undertaker that had a Grell unbutton me some for photos. Heck I'm looking for that Grell too.
You found said Grell~ XDD

As for that Pluto, I dunno, either~ DD:
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Rebeccakh

I haven't seen a .//hack gathering since I've started attending this con in 09.
(I'm not 100% sure about that I've just never seen one when I was looking for one)
I usually either see people doing private photoshoots or one or two cosplayers walking around on their lonesome. (so sad T T)

So I was wondering if anyone else is interested in having a gathering, or are not enough people doing .//hack costumes this year to warrant one?
(from any season any game. I don't care if you're dressing up as the grunty girl mkay? XP )
If enough people want one, I'll try to get a gathering started (it'll be my first if so, so be gentle ;////;

sickeningsweet

So, this is my second year going to Fanime in San Jose. :) I went in 2008 and (in a nutshell) the people I was with didn't really want to be there and they went for my sake for half a day. :S I had fun for the short time we were there and now time has passed by (fortunately XD) and I can come back with a cosplaying VENGEANCE. XD

Anyways, that leads me to part 2 that I am tossing out there. :D My man and I are (on Sunday of Fanime) going as the book versions of Erik (The Phantom) and Christine Daae from Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera (probably with a small anime spin on them). If anyone wants to join the book version cosplay with us, you are most welcome to. :) If not, that's great too. :)

If for some crazed reason you want to know the difference, I'll give a brief explanation. In the musical/movie Christine is usually depicted as a brunette, in the book she is blonde with blue eyes. Also in the movies/musicals the phantom is rarely deformed correctly, he usually is depicted as having a half mask or something such as that. In the book, however, he has a full mask and without it he has no nose and what is described as "yellow eyes and a terrible death's head" - much like a zombie-looking horror. Although I love the musical/movie, I love the book more. Rarely does anyone try to depict Erik and Christine correctly in cosplay form, so we want to attempt it. XD

We're super excited about the drastic contrast that the book version will provide of these two characters. :D There will be a lot of attention to detail with our costumes and we just hope to entertain ourselves, as well as whoever is there. :)

Again, if you want to join this effort, message me! If you just want to see what mess we come up with, see you at Fanime 2012!! 

sickeningsweet

Forgot to mention, if you're interested, you can be from either the movie/musical too. :) The more the merrier. If you're interested in the book and have never read it, just ask myself and I can tell you what you want to know. Or you could just read it. :O

Knight of Infinity

So Ive always wondered What it would be like to roll up in my RX-7 which will be covered with Ayanami Rei decals for fanime.
I figured why not make it a special gathering with other cars covered in their owners favorite stuff!
So I would like to propose a gathering for Itasha.(anime covered cars) Who's game!

The images below are of my car for fanime.

Knight of Infinity at your service!

Mirienne

Oh wow, that is awesome!  I'm working on Takarazuka version Erik cosplay right now, but I'm not sure yet if I'll bring it to Fanime.  Either way, I will keep an eye out for you two :)

sickeningsweet

Sweet! My dress will be gold with pink flowers and lots of blonde hair. You should totally bring the Erik costume to Fanime!! :D :D :D

lily on coffe

hi this is my first time to funime and i wonder if anyone going to go as dynasty warrior character?
:) i would love to see anyone from Wu or Xiahou dun

Cosplay Circus

Quote from: Angelx624 on November 20, 2011, 10:23:21 PM
Quote from: Duo Monkey on June 21, 2011, 11:13:04 PM
>.> <.< I'm searching for the Pluto that kinda did the second Kuro gathering. Or anyone that took pictures at that one. I was the Undertaker that had a Grell unbutton me some for photos. Heck I'm looking for that Grell too.
You found said Grell~ XDD

As for that Pluto, I dunno, either~ DD:
The Pluto is on the thread for this years Kuro gathering so you can find him there, his picture last I saw was of him as Pluto so you should be able to figure out which one he is on there.
- Elizabeth (Seven Deadly Sins)
- Morrigan (Dragon Age)
- Panty (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)

lily on coffee

hi, i'm going to be female Sun Ce and i'm looking for more Dynasty warriors cosplayer  ;D where is Zhou yu

zero209

was wondering if anyone was doing HOTD. i just ordered in kouta hirano uniform in and was looking to see if there was anyone else going

CherryGeri

Is anyone else going as characters from Prince of Tennis? I know there are always a few of us at the Shounen Jump gathering (or at least there have been in the last two years) but it would be nice to actually get a gathering going if there are enough of us...

I went as Echizen Ryoma to the Shounen Jump gatherings for the last two years; I can also do Yukimura Seiichi or Inui Sadaharu (or I should be good on Inui before Fanime, just need to order the wig).
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

Knight of Infinity

Knight of Infinity at your service!