Hetalia: Axis Powers 2012!!

Started by Shokora, June 23, 2011, 12:58:53 PM

lily on coffee

sorry this is our first years so what exactly is the date time and place are you guy considering? any time is fine with us but we would like to know to build our schedule around it.

obliviousedward

Last year the gathering was on Sunday at 11am or something, right? Personally that time and day sounds fine for me. If anything, the location might be in question by the time the con happens. I know that the fountain out front is gone now, but I don't know what that entire area will look like come Memorial Day Weekend. I've seen the specs for the future look of the convention center somewhere on the forums here, so we can get at least an idea of how much room there will be out front.

I dunno, maybe it's too early to tell right now and I'm just rambling. XD Basically, time and day from last year sounds good to me, but maybe later (based on what people think and what we're told about the look of the convention center) we can decide on the exact location. *shrug*
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

lily on coffee

cool, sunday it is. i'll check back for location. oh and i'll bring sweden instead of hong kong
so excited about the con :D :D :D

obliviousedward

LOL, keep in mind I'm not the gathering's organizer! XD Ultimately it will be left up to that person. (But unless anyone objects or proposes another day, I think Sunday is a safe bet. :P)
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

MidnightPrincess94

I'll b a chibitalia. and bring my friends, spain, france, romano and feliciano OUO
p.s thank you canada  :)

Haunterluvcookies

Sunday sounds awsome because I am going to the Bleach gathering and I think it might be on Sat in the late afternoon. Hetalia is my obsession and I don't want to miss it. However i am already signed up for the Bleach gathering. So Sunday works for me and 11 sounds good. I also think most of the other big gatherings wll be on Sat.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Shokora

Yes, there are a lot of big gatherings on Saturday.  So is everyone okay with Sunday at 11am?  As for the location, yeah....I heard about the removal of the fountains, ect.  I know Bsapphire was going to keep us organizers posted regarding photoshoot locations....but at the moment, we can stick with our location from last year, which was: FiF CE = Fountains in Front (Convention Entrance).  After our time is up, if we still have more shots to do, is everyone okay with moving to the Aztec/snake/giant poo statue?  For those of you not familiar with it, it is a statue with some park-ish area around it and it is a very short walking distance from the convention center.  We would move en masse, so even if a few people don't know how to get there, we should all make it just fine.  So, the rundown:

Day: Sunday
Time: 11am
Place: FiF CE = Fountains in Front (Convention Entrance)
Post-photoshoot location: Aztec/snake/giant poo statue

obliviousedward

Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

MidnightPrincess94

11 mite b a bit too early no? i mean ppl mite wake up late or mite hav to take a while to get ready..

Haunterluvcookies

i don't mind 11 on sunday; I will be up early anyway. Cons are way to fun to be sleeping in. That just for me though.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

MidnightPrincess94

well i feel the same tht they r way too fun to sleep in to but im gna b staying wit my grandma and like every1 takes forever to wake up vuv"

Shokora

Quote from: MidnightPrincess94 on January 16, 2012, 08:18:06 PM
well i feel the same tht they r way too fun to sleep in to but im gna b staying wit my grandma and like every1 takes forever to wake up vuv"

MidnightPrincess94, the problem with going to a later time on Sunday is that we start running into other gatherings.  The Kuro photoshoot is at 3:30pm on Sunday, and I know we have Hetalia people who want to be in that.  Trinity Blood is aiming for 1:30pm, and we have a few Hetalia people (including myself) that are a part of that shoot.  Afternoon/late afternoon photoshoots are very popular, and given the amount of people that the Hetalia shoot always has, trying to have a shoot when everyone else is/or during a busy Con time is problematic.  :-[

Haunterluvcookies

I know the Shonen Jump is later that day as well I would like to attend. Early sounds best because it gives us more time to do a whole shoot without people running off in the middle of it. Sorry.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

vietboy

Well, this will be my first Hetalia Gathering at Fanime (I've gone two years already, but just got a useable China cosplay last year, but couldn't go since FMA was around the same time, so I went to the Hetalia Gathering for SacAnime). So I hope this will be as memorable, as I come as China-aru!
They are not Fallen Angels, they are Fabled..

Maskenlav

I can see IF I can pack an extra cosplay of Prussia! Unfortunately I am kind of dark toned so a white wig would NOT look good on me so I'd prob just be a half-assed Prussia lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Shokora

Quote from: Maskenlav on January 26, 2012, 11:02:43 PM
I can see IF I can pack an extra cosplay of Prussia! Unfortunately I am kind of dark toned so a white wig would NOT look good on me so I'd prob just be a half-assed Prussia lol

Don't worry about it, we won't judge you!  I for one don't believe in the "only cosplay characters that fit your ethnicity/gender/body type/height" mantra.  You just do what you want to do ;-)

amandald98

I like trains.

Pika-Ninja

IF it's the same day as the Hetalia panel (Which i'm in) I'll come and be Hungary. Although Prussia's should watch out. I don't play friendly ;)
Fanime plans~
Rukia Kuchiki: Bleach
Lilynette Gingerback: Bleach
Hungary: Hetalia
(?) Ciel Phantomhive: Kuroshitsuji/Black butler

obliviousedward

Doh! My name's not on the list. Dx

I'm attending as Canada.
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

MidnightPrincess94