Hetalia: Axis Powers 2012!!

Started by Shokora, June 23, 2011, 12:58:53 PM

AnimefanJJ

I hope everyone is ok with a move with a time change, the new location will be FMS(the tree area on the Marriott side) because the Hilton side isn't available at 11:30am. 
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

Haunterluvcookies

As long as there is a Hetalia gathering I am happy! Hetalia all the way! ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

sushisoap

I dunnoooo if I've posted here yet..
But my gf and I will be coming as Germania and Rome.  :-*

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: sushisoap on May 15, 2012, 11:44:43 AM
I dunnoooo if I've posted here yet..
But my gf and I will be coming as Germania and Rome.  :-*

WOOOO Germaina and Rome!! Yay! ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

MidnightPrincess94

Shokora

AnimefanJJ, didn't realize you were now in charge...please accept demetria656's help with this shoot.  She helped me run it last year and did an excellent job.  Sorry I can't be there.  Since you seem to know what's going on, I'll let you deal with the photoshoot list and the list of cosplayers.  It's all yours.

AnimefanJJ

Quote from: Shokora on May 16, 2012, 04:57:32 PM
AnimefanJJ, didn't realize you were now in charge...please accept demetria656's help with this shoot.  She helped me run it last year and did an excellent job.  Sorry I can't be there.  Since you seem to know what's going on, I'll let you deal with the photoshoot list and the list of cosplayers.  It's all yours.
Yes I am in charge now and demetria hasn't gotten a hold of me yet. But I will take any help I can get. Also we need an Order of Photo shoot for this gathering. We can use the old order from last year or make a new one.

Shokora

I'll leave it up to demetria656 to contact you if she wants to help.  She was the only person who contacted me directly when I said that I needed someone to take over the shoot.  As for the order of Photos, here's my advice.

1. Start with the Photoshoot Order list from last year.

2. Make an updated list of the countries/characters that have all said they are coming.  Organize them in such a way that you can get a good grasp of what Photos you can add/eliminate.  For example, start your list with all the Allies (i.e., all Americas, Englands, ect), then the Axis powers, and so on.  If you realize that you don't have enough people from a particular group (maybe there are no Baltics or Nordics coming, or maybe only 1 or 2), then eliminate that Photo or find a way to incorporate those 1-2 people elsewhere.  Also, when listing cosplayers who are cosplaying a certain country/character, pay attention to what version they are doing.  If you have over 4 people doing Rev. War versions of America, England, ect, then you may want to include a Rev. War Photo. 

3. Once you've come up with your Photoshoot Order, double-check to make sure you've included every cosplayer....sometimes countries such as Egypt or other minor countries get left out when one sticks to the basic Axis/Allies/Europe/Americas Photogrouping.

4. Start with a group shot, end with a group shot.  People show up late and also cut out early.

5. The day of the shoot, take a good look at who actually shows up.  Modify your Photogrouping according to that.

I hope you have plenty of help....Hetalia is such a big gathering....as long as you have a good plan for dealing with the crowd and noise, and you're organized, things should run smoothly and everyone will have a good time.  ;D

FangLuvsMischeif

I'll probably attend as N. Italy (I have many versions and need to narrow them down though.) and/or human flying mint bunny, and Tukong S. Korea
Anyways I'll definately be Feliciano :3
How can I choose?! @.@ I might just change clothes, then I can be my many versions of Italy too XD

demetria656

Sorry that I haven't contacted you, I just finished all my finals and have been really busy.
So I heard that you have taken over the Hetalia gathering.

If you need any help just ask.
I have ran many gatherings in the past so I know how to make things roll.
Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

kanjiRagana

Do you know what you're going as demetria? 'Cause if you're going as 2P!England, I don't have to be FOREVER ALONE as the only 2P! character at the event (Not to mention it seems like I'm going to be the only Japan there...)

AnimefanJJ

Quote from: Shokora on May 17, 2012, 06:32:08 AM
I'll leave it up to demetria656 to contact you if she wants to help.  She was the only person who contacted me directly when I said that I needed someone to take over the shoot.  As for the order of Photos, here's my advice.

1. Start with the Photoshoot Order list from last year.

2. Make an updated list of the countries/characters that have all said they are coming.  Organize them in such a way that you can get a good grasp of what Photos you can add/eliminate.  For example, start your list with all the Allies (i.e., all Americas, Englands, ect), then the Axis powers, and so on.  If you realize that you don't have enough people from a particular group (maybe there are no Baltics or Nordics coming, or maybe only 1 or 2), then eliminate that Photo or find a way to incorporate those 1-2 people elsewhere.  Also, when listing cosplayers who are cosplaying a certain country/character, pay attention to what version they are doing.  If you have over 4 people doing Rev. War versions of America, England, ect, then you may want to include a Rev. War Photo. 

3. Once you've come up with your Photoshoot Order, double-check to make sure you've included every cosplayer....sometimes countries such as Egypt or other minor countries get left out when one sticks to the basic Axis/Allies/Europe/Americas Photogrouping.

4. Start with a group shot, end with a group shot.  People show up late and also cut out early.

5. The day of the shoot, take a good look at who actually shows up.  Modify your Photogrouping according to that.

I hope you have plenty of help....Hetalia is such a big gathering....as long as you have a good plan for dealing with the crowd and noise, and you're organized, things should run smoothly and everyone will have a good time.  ;D
Quote from: kanjiRagana on May 17, 2012, 09:09:44 PM
Do you know what you're going as demetria? 'Cause if you're going as 2P!England, I don't have to be FOREVER ALONE as the only 2P! character at the event (Not to mention it seems like I'm going to be the only Japan there...)
Well I will ook over the old list of the order of photo shoot, so no worries.
Quote from: demetria656 on May 17, 2012, 07:18:32 PM
Sorry that I haven't contacted you, I just finished all my finals and have been really busy.
So I heard that you have taken over the Hetalia gathering.

If you need any help just ask.
I have ran many gatherings in the past so I know how to make things roll.

I need a second person to hep me run this gathering, I have one helper already just need a second one. I am hoping you are still interested in helping.

vietboy

As much as I would love to stick around fellow Hetalia cosplayers, I have a commitment to show up to the FMA gathering at 12 of the same day, so I'll try to stay as long as I can before I have to leave and change. I'll try to come after if you guys are still doing the photoshoot or just hanging out, cause I have some Japa Chinese goods to hand out to everyone.
They are not Fallen Angels, they are Fabled..

Edinwise

Ah, the only gathering I'll probably end up attending.
If all goes well, I'll show up as Lithuania...albeit with hair that's a tad too short. ;__;

Tavernlassie

We are coming as Germany and Prussia. Can't wait!

AnimefanJJ

Quote from: vietboy on May 20, 2012, 08:44:07 PM
As much as I would love to stick around fellow Hetalia cosplayers, I have a commitment to show up to the FMA gathering at 12 of the same day, so I'll try to stay as long as I can before I have to leave and change. I'll try to come after if you guys are still doing the photoshoot or just hanging out, cause I have some Japa Chinese goods to hand out to everyone.
We should be finish by 12:30pm so if you make it back to hang out we might be in the same place if everyone doesn't go off their way.
Quote from: Edinwise on May 20, 2012, 09:17:40 PM
Ah, the only gathering I'll probably end up attending.
If all goes well, I'll show up as Lithuania...albeit with hair that's a tad too short. ;__;
Short hair is ok, we won't judge.
Quote from: Tavernlassie on May 20, 2012, 09:57:02 PM
We are coming as Germany and Prussia. Can't wait!
Can't wait to see you both.

BSaphire

Quote from: AnimefanJJ on May 15, 2012, 03:45:07 AM
I hope everyone is ok with a move with a time change, the new location will be FMS(the tree area on the Marriott side) because the Hilton side isn't available at 11:30am. 
Thought I would stop by here and check on things (photo order :P ) and I saw this... did you want the tree area? I have you listed by the flowerbed in front... (No Shade there) PM me and let me know ASAP cause I have to send in the list to FanimeCon.
Thanks
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

sushisoap

Quote from: BSaphire on May 21, 2012, 11:49:57 AM
Thought I would stop by here and check on things (photo order :P ) and I saw this... did you want the tree area? I have you listed by the flowerbed in front... (No Shade there) PM me and let me know ASAP cause I have to send in the list to FanimeCon.
Thanks
B

Someone in charge answer this !! :D
My two cents worth: if there's shade by the tree area, that might be better. For cosplay and especially photos. c:

AnimefanJJ

Quote from: sushisoap on May 21, 2012, 04:13:19 PM
Quote from: BSaphire on May 21, 2012, 11:49:57 AM
Thanks
B

Someone in charge answer this !! :D
My two cents worth: if there's shade by the tree area, that might be better. For cosplay and especially photos. c:
answered

Haunterluvcookies

so do we have a new area for the meet up?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi