Hetalia: Axis Powers 2012!!

Started by Shokora, June 23, 2011, 12:58:53 PM

BSaphire

Location is corrected and is = FMS this is the tree area up in the corner between the Marriott Hotel and the Convention Center entrance.

See everyone @ FANIME! :)
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

AnimefanJJ

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 21, 2012, 06:11:12 PM
so do we have a new area for the meet up?
Yes the tree area between the Marriott and the convention center.
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

Haunterluvcookies

Yay Fanime is almost here! Hetalia gathering is amazing! So glad all the problems got solved. ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Somebody

Just a note here, Hetalia's brand manager Char is going to be at Fanime!
Too bad the gathering will likely be after she leaves- she did say she was staying until early Sunday morning.
Gonna be on the lookout!  :P
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

MidnightPrincess94

the gethering was a HUGE  success!!!!!!!!! i had so much fun with grandpa Rome and Holy Rome! it was funny how everyone squealed and awwed when we were together lol  :D

sushisoap

This was so much fun! It was so amazing being with my grandsons and giving therapy hugs.

I wanted to apologize in advance for the constant old man fanservice Germania and I were giving out. :p The first two times were okay, but I feel like maybe it was a bit much at the all ages panel. But hey, what can you do with dem Germanics. ;p

EDIT: I also was sad there weren't more ancients to join in our shoot.. I thought we'd at least get a China up there or something. :c

Somebody

Completely bummed about missing the gathering entirely- first cosplay malfunctions, my Belgium friend wasn't even close to done with Belgium and my Grandmano got rushed. That and when we were looking for the gathering I was told the wrong place!
Hopefully next year we'll make it! :(
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

MrSaxobeat

I was only there for the last 15 minutes, but I got to sneak into the last shot with my hipster glasses!
I was the (only) Romania letting people stab me with a knife.  ;D

AnimefanJJ

This gathering grew a lot this year and I am sorry to everyone that I ran late, that won't happen again if I need to co-host this or something. See you all next Year as Greece.

Haunterluvcookies

Anyone got pics of the Hetalia gathering? :-\
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

astel

Hey, all! Fantastic gathering this year! I know I had a ton of fun. :D I was the Spain in the Hetaween Red Riding Hood group that hijacked the Gathering while our host was running a bit behind schedule. :) Unless someone else has already volunteered, I gladly offer my services to be the host for next year's Gathering (though how soon is too soon to start planning, haha :3 ). Also, if you have any feedback (comments, crits, ideas, or pretty much anything but flames :x ), please let me know. Would love to make future Gatherings run as smoothly as possible, and get new ideas! I know there was a bit of shuffling around with the location, sorry about that, everyone. I didn't quite have all my info straight. But everyone there was awesome, and it was everyone's effort that made the gathering so great. Hope to see everyone next year!

MidnightPrincess94

i had soo much fun!!! and i was happy to c u grandpa rome!! u can hav ths pic if u like. ouo
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=298253370269201&set=a.116558518438688.23294.100002536208949&type=3&theater

And i also wnted to say thanks to the Holy Rome there for takin pics with me ^u^ it was funny hearing the crowd go awwwwwwwwww!!! lol

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=298244176936787&set=a.116558518438688.23294.100002536208949&type=3&theater

AnimefanJJ

Quote from: astel on May 30, 2012, 10:52:43 PM
Hey, all! Fantastic gathering this year! I know I had a ton of fun. :D I was the Spain in the Hetaween Red Riding Hood group that hijacked the Gathering while our host was running a bit behind schedule. :) Unless someone else has already volunteered, I gladly offer my services to be the host for next year's Gathering (though how soon is too soon to start planning, haha :3 ). Also, if you have any feedback (comments, crits, ideas, or pretty much anything but flames :x ), please let me know. Would love to make future Gatherings run as smoothly as possible, and get new ideas! I know there was a bit of shuffling around with the location, sorry about that, everyone. I didn't quite have all my info straight. But everyone there was awesome, and it was everyone's effort that made the gathering so great. Hope to see everyone next year!
That would be me as the host this year, I ran slightly late.

obliviousedward

If I recall correctly, someone at the gathering told me that the whole thing started at 11:20am rather than 11:30am. A ten minute difference that kept me and a friend out of quite a few group shots by the time we got there on time.

If that's true, then please remember not to jump the gun next year! It was still fun in the end, but I didn't like knowing I probably missed out on some of the bigger shots. D:
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Haunterluvcookies

I hope everything works out next year. We had to move like three times and the gathering had to start later than planned. I was there slightly early so I was in early shots before we got moved. The gathering was great don't get me wrong but I felt the location was a big cramped for teh big group we had. Both the cosplayers and the photographers had a hard time doing anything. I once agin I hope everything gets worked out so every Hetalia cosplayer and Hetalia fan can enjoy the gathering. ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

AnimefanJJ

Quote from: obliviousedward on May 31, 2012, 04:24:19 PM
If I recall correctly, someone at the gathering told me that the whole thing started at 11:20am rather than 11:30am. A ten minute difference that kept me and a friend out of quite a few group shots by the time we got there on time.

If that's true, then please remember not to jump the gun next year! It was still fun in the end, but I didn't like knowing I probably missed out on some of the bigger shots. D:
It was 11:30am is when it is suppose to start. Who ever told you that it started at 11:20am was lying, I should know I moved it to the 11:30am slot.
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 31, 2012, 07:29:51 PM
I hope everything works out next year. We had to move like three times and the gathering had to start later than planned. I was there slightly early so I was in early shots before we got moved. The gathering was great don't get me wrong but I felt the location was a big cramped for teh big group we had. Both the cosplayers and the photographers had a hard time doing anything. I once agin I hope everything gets worked out so every Hetalia cosplayer and Hetalia fan can enjoy the gathering. ;D
I know we moved three times it is because we got so big and then we blocked an exited. So yea next year I will make sure we don't move so offend.

astel

Obliviousedward: strangely, the Gathering started before I got there, too.  You're right. I should have restarted the photosets when we moved to our correct place, but I was a bit flustered. Apologies, and will definitely try to do better with that next year. Thank you for the feedback! (I also didn't realize we'd started early.. I should have checked my clock instead of just relying on people starting to gather in groups and take photos.)

Haunterluvcookies: Hopefully, next year the construction will be completed and we will have a larger area. The reasons we kept moving is that the Gathering originally started in someone else's spot (my fault, I got the areas mixed up and thought we were where we were supposed to be), and then we were told with so many people near the doors, we were a fire hazard and so had to move again (and I was really kind of worried we were going to be told the same thing again). I think it worked out well for the space we had, though ideally we will have a bigger spot next year. Thanks for the feedback!

:)

obliviousedward

No worries, astel! I knew it was SUPPOSED to start at 11:30am, I can understand starting early by mistake, especially considering the size of the gathering itself. It must have gotten hectic having people waiting around like that! XD

And yeah, with any luck, most of the construction will be finished by next year. If anything, there will be a bit more room out front than this year. *crosses fingers*
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Haunterluvcookies

Yeah for an awesome gathering like Hetalia we need some space to spread out. But some of the shots we got this year was so awesome and cool! I felt like even though there was so me problems, it was made up for in all the great photos that came out of the gathering.... now if someone would post some of those awesome pics. Sadly I had no one to take them for me.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

obliviousedward

Yeah, I didn't get ANY shots of any of the groups. I'm short and I was near the back of the crowd, lol. XD I'm sure pics will start to pop up eventually! (Maybe people are still recovering from the immediate post-con depression, hehe.)
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!