Kamen Rider x Super Sentai 2013: Limit Break for Buster (5/13 LOCATION UPDATE!!)

Started by otakuapprentice, July 09, 2011, 07:16:31 PM

We're keeping the same day, and I'll try to get the same spot again for next year, but do you all want a different time?

Keep time from 2012 (3pm)
7 (70%)
1pm
1 (10%)
2pm
1 (10%)
4pm
1 (10%)
5pm
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

otakuapprentice

*looking at cherrygeri's pics*

Holy crap, that looked like it was awesome......and I totally did not consider the possibility that people would cosplay akibaranger.

I love the picture of Gai and Nobuo/AkibaRed nerding out.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

cashewsftw

Quote from: otakuapprentice on May 29, 2012, 08:02:18 PM
*looking at cherrygeri's pics*

Holy crap, that looked like it was awesome......and I totally did not consider the possibility that people would cosplay akibaranger.

I love the picture of Gai and Nobuo/AkibaRed nerding out.

I don't think anyone expected Akibaranger cosplay. I sure wasn't. My life will be complete when I see a full Akibaranger group. Makes me tempted to be Akibablue...

By the way, I forgot to add, thank you, otakuapprentice, for setting up this gathering in the first place! Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have had a toku gathering this year, which would have been pretty sad since it's clear there were quite a few toku cosplayers at Fanime this year. I hope you'll be able to go to Fanime next year! I know how it feels since I had to miss it last year due to being in the hospital.

CherryGeri

Quote from: cashewsftw on May 29, 2012, 09:06:10 PM
By the way, I forgot to add, thank you, otakuapprentice, for setting up this gathering in the first place! Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have had a toku gathering this year, which would have been pretty sad since it's clear there were quite a few toku cosplayers at Fanime this year. I hope you'll be able to go to Fanime next year! I know how it feels since I had to miss it last year due to being in the hospital.

i second that, thank you so much for organizing this gathering guys! especially otakuapprentice <3 :D we should totally do this again next year!
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

otakuapprentice

Quote from: cashewsftw on May 28, 2012, 11:52:20 AM
Just wondering, anyone going to cosplay toku at AX? I'm considering going just so I can be Ahim again, but it really depends on whether I can take a day or two off from work...
I should be able to go to AX, but not sure if I will do any toku cosplay.

Char350

Hi, this is the Ikari Gai from the gathering. The gathering was a lot of fun! Thanks to those who organized it, ran it, and participated in it! It is always great to meet other Tokusatsu fans in the con community!

I am going to AX as Gai again, so hit me up if anyone's going in July as well!
Fanime 2015 Plans:
*Umemori Genta (Shinkenger)
*Chase (Kamen Rider Drive)

Nori

Am quite sad I ended up not making it to the gathering! Ryuuta gave me quite the earful during our what now seems to be "watch lots of W crack" tradition later that night, haha. I ended up not being able to get my prints until about 1:30 on Saturday, so had to spend my time cutting and laminating so I could actually sell them, orz.

That aside, I had Husband-o!Terui w/Shoutarou and Philip on Friday and D!Yuuto on Saturday night/all day Monday in the AA.

Quote from: cashewsftw on May 28, 2012, 11:52:20 AM
Also, Nori, did you actually sell Kamen Rider fanart in the Artist Alley? I tried really hard to find you, but I didn't see any toku stuff there... I was disappointed since I was hoping to buy some stuff from you.

I did! I had some old W prints (Terui/Shoutarou/Philip) leftover from last year and keychains - Den-O (MomoUraKinRyuu!Tarou & D!Yuuto), Fourze (Gentarou/Yuuki/Ryuusei/Kengo), W (Shoutarou/Philip/Terui), and OOO (Eiji/Ankh).  I was at table 213, in the back (next to some friends selling EGL/Doll stuff).  None of them are online yet as I discovered earlier this afternoon that I've misplaced my thumbdrive with all of the images on it orz  They'll be up when I get un-lazy enough to rescan some of them. Also want to re-do Ryuusei's, since his was done at 9am on Saturday morning from memory and I forgot to add some bits to his uniform XD;

I'm pretty sure the only other person with toku stuff was my table partner (though hers was limited to a W bookmark w/ Shoutarou and Philip).

Anyway, I do have some left that would be happy to find new homes :)
Plastic Suits, baby
Matsumoto Jun - Monster ver.
Matsumoto Jun - Come back to me ver.
Kamen Rider W - Terui Ryuu
Kamen Rider Den-O - Deneb!Yuuto
Kamen Rider Den-O - Momo!Ryoutarou
Else???

cashewsftw

Quote from: Nori on May 31, 2012, 08:23:15 PM
I did! I had some old W prints (Terui/Shoutarou/Philip) leftover from last year and keychains - Den-O (MomoUraKinRyuu!Tarou & D!Yuuto), Fourze (Gentarou/Yuuki/Ryuusei/Kengo), W (Shoutarou/Philip/Terui), and OOO (Eiji/Ankh).  I was at table 213, in the back (next to some friends selling EGL/Doll stuff).  None of them are online yet as I discovered earlier this afternoon that I've misplaced my thumbdrive with all of the images on it orz  They'll be up when I get un-lazy enough to rescan some of them. Also want to re-do Ryuusei's, since his was done at 9am on Saturday morning from memory and I forgot to add some bits to his uniform XD;

I'm pretty sure the only other person with toku stuff was my table partner (though hers was limited to a W bookmark w/ Shoutarou and Philip).

Anyway, I do have some left that would be happy to find new homes :)

Ah, noooo! I am really sad now that I didn't see you in the Artist Alley! I love Kamen Rider W and Fourze so I definitely would have bought something from you. What stuff do you have left over now?

Nori

Quote from: cashewsftw on May 31, 2012, 09:49:46 PM
Ah, noooo! I am really sad now that I didn't see you in the Artist Alley! I love Kamen Rider W and Fourze so I definitely would have bought something from you. What stuff do you have left over now?

Monday was the only day I was actually there at opening - the other days I didn't get in until after noon (and not at all on Friday).  I have 3-4 each of all of them left, and can make more as necessary :)  I do plan on making ones for the rest of the KRC + Akiko eventually, but I ran out of time before con (darn school and finals and making costumes).
Plastic Suits, baby
Else???

cashewsftw

Quote from: Nori on May 31, 2012, 10:07:07 PM
Monday was the only day I was actually there at opening - the other days I didn't get in until after noon (and not at all on Friday).  I have 3-4 each of all of them left, and can make more as necessary :)  I do plan on making ones for the rest of the KRC + Akiko eventually, but I ran out of time before con (darn school and finals and making costumes).

Oh I never made it to the dealers hall/Artist Alley near opening time because I was always scrambling to get my cosplay ready for the day. I might be interested in your W/Fourze stuff... Do you plan to go to AX?

Nori

Quote from: cashewsftw on May 31, 2012, 10:21:36 PM
Oh I never made it to the dealers hall/Artist Alley near opening time because I was always scrambling to get my cosplay ready for the day. I might be interested in your W/Fourze stuff... Do you plan to go to AX?

That was mostly my case, too XD; "Oh god where is this ONE SINGLE MINOR-YET-IMPORTANT ACCESSORY?" and other such things. Unfortunately funds probably won't permit for AX this year (as much as I want to go arrghhh Kajiura ;A; ), so I highly doubt I'll be there - even if I did make it, I wouldn't be in AA.
Plastic Suits, baby
Else???

otakuapprentice

Kazuma_uzumaki

While it was fun seeing the different people, it ended up being super Sentai biased. While I live some SS, Kamen riders got like, one picture for themselves. There was a decent amount of W people which would've been nice...

cashewsftw

Quote from: Kazuma_uzumaki on June 03, 2012, 02:43:17 PM
While it was fun seeing the different people, it ended up being super Sentai biased. While I live some SS, Kamen riders got like, one picture for themselves. There was a decent amount of W people which would've been nice...

Ah, sorry about that. I had intended to do photoshoots by series for both Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, but I kind of forgot about that... Also, a lot of the requests for pictures were for Gokaiger, but being a Kamen Rider fan myself, I'm a little sad there weren't more Kamen Riders (especially for W - if I recall correctly, there was only one Shoutarou and a Phillip at the gathering ;A;)

Eri Kagami

I actually took a ton of shots from this gathering. If you peruse through the gallery, you can fine pics of the TokuxSentai gathering:
http://scarlet-rhapsody.com/traveling/fanime2012/

otakuapprentice

I'm still curious as to why those Gatchaman cosplayers ended up in some of the pictures....

Also: Updated first post and title to reflect next years' anticipated gathering. (NOW WITH MORE TOKU!)

YAY!

Angelx624

Ahhh, so, I recently started watching Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, and I'm planning a Captain Marvelous cosplay. xDD I'm hoping to bring it to Fanime next year, and would love to come to this gathering! :3
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

CherryGeri

yessssss definitely going to be at this gathering for 2013; not sure as who yet though.....possibly Yoko (Go-busters) or one of the Fourze girls? or maybe someone else entirely? i don't even know yet haha. DEFINITELY COMING THOUGH :D
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

otakuapprentice

Quote from: CherryGeri on July 12, 2012, 03:20:37 PM
yessssss definitely going to be at this gathering for 2013; not sure as who yet though.....possibly Yoko (Go-busters) or one of the Fourze girls? or maybe someone else entirely? i don't even know yet haha. DEFINITELY COMING THOUGH :D
I would love to see a complete Kamen Rider Club there...or least someone dressed up as Yuki with her Hayabusa plushie.

Kieuseru

I'm planning on attending. Ideally, I'll be making Umeko's Dekaranger Uniform, as well as Yumeria's suit. We'll see if both end up completed, though.

Angelx624

Yup, definitely coming as Marvelous. ^^ And will hopefully have a full Gokaiger group!! (I'm trying to get people for it, anyway. OTL )
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)