I never gone to one and so I need help!

Started by Alice-san, August 03, 2011, 05:21:36 AM

Alice-san

Help!!!!!! :o I am new to this soo please! I dont know what to do :/ like is pre/ registration required and whats a badge and peace bonding????  ??? And is the theme also required to be followed? When is the actual date of the 2012 fanime? And please if theres anythhing else you think I should know please tell me!!

Mod edit: topic edit

ewu

Hey, welcome!

Most of the questions you ask can be answered by the FAQ: http://www.fanime.com/registration-faq/

Preregistration is not required but recommended. It tends to be $20 or $15 cheaper than registering on-site. You do need to put money in early, though. If you plan on attending more than one day, it is definitely cheaper to pre-register, sooner the better. However, preregistration has not come up yet. It will sometime in the next 2 or 3 months. Keep an eye out for that.

Memberships come with a badge. The memberships either cover individual days or the entire weekend. The badge is what verifies that you are a member. With preregistration, the badges have been nice cards and the memberships that are purchased at the convention have been paper with a label. Some people are pretty adamant about getting the cards.

Peace bonding is a process of approval and marking for ALL props. Details about that are here: http://www.fanime.com/costume-and-weapon-policy/

The theme largely for the staff of Fanime. It is a general guideline for planning and decorating the convention. Many fans do follow the theme, but by no means is it required. Come however you would like to, as long as you are not naked... :)

The dates for Fanime 2012 is May 25 - May 28, with day 0 on May 24th.

We look forward to seeing you there!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Alice-san

Thank you  :D so very much!!!!! And umm do they have kareoke contest by any chance?? :P or any other fun stuff they do? :)

ewu

the webpage and info for 2011 is still up on the webpage. Feel free to take a look around. The forums are also an abundant resource for information. Try doing a general search of something you are interested in here and you will likely find that you have tons of info.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom