2015 Old School Cosplay Gathering 4/19

Started by BSaphire, August 08, 2011, 09:29:23 AM

BSaphire

If your cosplay character appears in Anime, Manga, or Video Game pre 2001 on back then this is the gathering for YOU! Bring out your DEAD! LOL or at least your old school cosplay and join us for this gathering!

Post who your character is, the year your representing, and what title & genre it is from. Yes, you can cosplay your Cat girl Nuku Nuku, Evangelion, Crest of Stars, Transformer, Power Ranger, etc cosplay in a gathering designed with all the "old school" cospeeps in mind!

See you there old school cospeeps!
Squidges
B

FRIDAY'S OSG:
Time:6:30 PM

SATURDAY'S OSG:
Time:6:30 PM

2015 Old School Line Up!

Please Note: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the gathering. If you do not want to be included in these photos please step aside while they are being taken. By remaining with the group when pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

LadyGlitterbow

Vampire Princess Miyu! I almost completely forgot about that anime! This sounds like a really neat gathering, and if I don't come up with something, I would still love to see it. Last year I did consider Asuka from Evangelion though, maybe I can do that!

Ryo_Hellsing

I would love to be Bat again, from Fist of the NorthStar. Not sure if I want to do the movie version ( 1986) or the comic version ( 1983) though. Either way this idea sounds epic!

Eliteslayer

Depending on where and when this is, I can probably come as Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2. It's from the late 80's through the 90's. (I feel so old whenever the 90's are referred to as old school, since it doesn't feel that long ago to me...)
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

BunofGovt

Well!  I've been looking for a push to get my Tsukikage Ran cosplay together!  Will cosplay Ran (the series ran from Jan 2000 to April 2000).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Armored-Heart

Depending on the day and time, I might attend as Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura, in the Catch You Catch Me opening outfit. :3 That barely makes the cut, as the manga and anime both ended in 2000. xD
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Dr Mario

Quote from: Eliteslayer on August 23, 2011, 04:25:04 PM
(I feel so old whenever the 90's are referred to as old school, since it doesn't feel that long ago to me...)

Feel the same way. If I really want to be darring then should kick it really old school. Break out Gatchaman, Cyborg 009, Space Battleship Yamato, even some Macross. Hmmm have some thinking to do now.
Solving all your fevers and chills since 1990.

Loktera^2

Can it me time for me to wear my Tatewaki Kuno cosplay again?

I think so.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: BSaphire on August 08, 2011, 09:29:23 AM
BSaphire ~ Larva ~ Vampire Princess Miyu ~ anime series ~ 80's/90's
Oh cool. I could see about breaking out my Miyu. Put me as a maybe. I'll try as long as there is no conflicts.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Angelx624

Would Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing be considered old school? XD I know Hellsing came out in 1997, but Rip didn't appear in the original anime series, but she was in the original manga. :P
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

maikiritori

Angel, yes Rip would count. (I'm speaking for B on this one, since she's still without internets.) As long as the character was published before the cut off date, they're golden.
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

kagome437

Sounds like an awesome idea for a gathering. I'll be there most likely as an observer, because  I love old school animes. But the old school cosplay I'm doing is from an anime, and the series is a little older than than 2000.  ;D

Angelx624

Well, now I just have to find out when volume 4 of the Hellsing manga came out..... xDD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

BSaphire

Couple thing:
@ Angel: Yes bring Rip Van Winkle!

@ everyone:
The deadline date isn't hard set in stone, but I want to see the great costumes come back. There has been more modern anime done in the last couple of years so I noticed there are not as many complex cosplays as there used to be. For us "old schoolers" we remember seeing these fab cosplays and I would like to see them come back. So if your character appears a little later in the series and the series started before Dec 31, 2000 then it should be ok.

I am looking at having the main gathering on Friday, but I want to do something on Thursday. Any body game for a Thursday meet up? I would at least like to give the staff who cosplay the opportunity on Thursday, but it isn't exclusive to staff & it would be fun to do something... Ideas anyone?

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Nina Star 9

This sounds amazing~ I think most of my cosplays qualify, if just barely, haha. (I have two characters from 1999, and the newest character I have done is from 2002... Though, next year I'm doing a character that is currently less then a year old, even if the game [Radiant Historia] is quite old-school seeming!)

I might bring my Ayla (Chrono Trigger) cosplay out of retirement for this, or if I make either Marle (also CT) or Amelia (Slayers), I'd probably do that.

If not, I'm thinking Motoko Kusanagi. The exact costume I'm doing is a newer one, but I've cosplayed her '80s version, so I think it qualifies.

Regardless, I'm excited~

Firemage1000

As long as this  doesn't interfere with any other gatherings Sailor Mars will be there...and depending if she can drag her friends to Fanime 2012, then you might see a whole troupe of Sailor Scouts.
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

Maximilian

I'm not sure how my cosplay schedule will pan out, but I'll try to attend as a gijinka Giygas (Earthbound).
Tumblr
♠♥ Fanime 2012 ♣♦
Felt!, trickster!, and godtier!Dave (Homestuck)
TK (Angel Beats!)
Equius Zahhak

Dany

Am definitely interested, given that we have several things that would be considered such that are in our closet. We casually tried out Kyouske and Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road last year (Darieum was in a school uniform, I was in civvies with a yellow ABCB apron) but I think ONE person knew what we were. Maybe if we're in context with other old school things it may work out better. XD

I'll know more of how much we can be involved when I know dates and times. That whole "masquerade" thing we have to plan around!

EDIT: Thursday is a MAAAAAAAYBE. I'm hoping to convince D that taking Thursday and Friday off is a good idea, and if that happens, then we could very well be in AND sure it won't interfere with Masquerade mischief.

Quote from: Ryo_Hellsing on August 22, 2011, 04:32:01 AM
I would love to be Bat again, from Fist of the NorthStar. Not sure if I want to do the movie version ( 1986) or the comic version ( 1983) though. Either way this idea sounds epic!

I <3 you, says my inner FOTN fangirl. :D :D :D
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon