2015 Old School Cosplay Gathering 4/19

Started by BSaphire, August 08, 2011, 09:29:23 AM

Angelx624

Ahhh, and now I see that this may be around the time that the Vocaloid gathering is~ ;__;

Well, I'll try to make it to Thursday's unofficial gathering, then~!! ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

MikuMayhem

Quote from: azreale on January 01, 2012, 12:12:41 AM
would Escaflowne count as old school? it was aired in 1996... but still, 15 years is quite a while!

Yep~! 1996 meets the cutoff date of before 2000. :D

junkeemunky

My gf and I will likely be bringing Harlock and Tadashi Daiba from the 1979 version of Captain Harlock!

capeswirlinggirl

Count me in as Emeraldas from the Harlock Universe ('90's OAV white pants version) :D

Dany

Quote from: capeswirlinggirl on January 10, 2012, 10:24:15 AM
Count me in as Emeraldas from the Harlock Universe ('90's OAV white pants version) :D

HA! AKA what might be my TWIN XD Or should I bring Miime? It'll just be soooo much harder for me to see....
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

azreale

I'm Guessing Fruits basket won't count even though it started in 1999, but continued into the 2000's. Correct?
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

DayDreamerNessa

A good chunk of my cosplays fit before 2000 :D

I'm hoping to rewear some costumes at fanime, and I'm debating on Emeraldas as one of them which would fit with this gathering. Though i said this in the Leiji thread that I am undecided, I will definitely keep this gathering in mind :)
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

BSaphire

Quote from: azreale on January 13, 2012, 05:33:27 PM
I'm Guessing Fruits basket won't count even though it started in 1999, but continued into the 2000's. Correct?
Pre 2000's Not POST. So 1999 is a YES!
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Locke Octavian

I doubt I'll be able to get it down there, but in the event I find away I'll bring Parn from Lodoss War.

AnimefanJJ

Final Fantasy VII Npc mainly Jenova Clone #10 is counted for since FFVII came out 1997.
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

Foxberry

Might go as Mercury from Sailor Moon Classic :D (1991)

BSaphire

So I finally updated the first post! Yeah!!!
I put the majority on Friday. If you plan to attend Thursday or are only doing Thursday please let me know. Also if your costume has changed or you decided on one please let me know.

Remember that @ Thursday's gathering American comic and cartoon characters are ok so bring em out!
I set both gatherings to 6 PM and the location is FiF MS although the Fountains are no longer fountains but rather a planter. The lighting should be great for this time in the evening.

I am sooo excited! Really glad that there were more people out here that missed the "old school" cosplays too! :P

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

garfieldelric

Sorry to bring this back up, but Izzy (Koushiro) from Digimon Adventure 01 (1999) barely meets the cutoff date for this gathering, so I might have him! :D
"Today, these three players are after BIG BUCKS! But they'll have to avoid the whammy, as they play the most exciting game of their lives! From Hollywood, it's time to PRESS! YOUR! LUCK!"

Seraphii

I'll be pulling off Aisha Clan-Clan from Outlaw Star (1998) on Friday. \o/ I love seeing cosplayers showing love for the older shows. ♥
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ For the smiles of tomorrow!

✧ Cosplay List for 2012 ✧
Aisha ClanClan (Outlaw Star)
Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
Rose (Legend of Dragoon)

Dany

Gonna have a likely change in plans for costumes on our end, depending on how people feel about scheduling for the Matsumoto gathering. Will keep you posted!
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Necara

:c This interferes with my Vocaloid gathering so I won't be participating.

Armored-Heart

Hi B, if it wouldn't be too much trouble I'd like to update my cosplay for Thursday's gathering. c: As Thursday will be primarily a travel day for my group, I've decided to go with a more casual cosplay, but luckily it still fits the old school theme. xD

I'll be cosplaying as Tintin from the European (originated in France, I believe) comic The Adventures of Tintin, which ran from 1929 to 1976. Hopefully my group should arrive with enough time for me to get to the gathering!
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

azreale

Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Haunterluvcookies

Update! I will as of now be trying to complete my shun/hades cosplay for thursday and Friday for the gathering.  ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

CountMetal

Hopefully I will have room in my luggage to bring my squared hero from "Atari's" Adventure for this shoot.