2015 Old School Cosplay Gathering 4/19

Started by BSaphire, August 08, 2011, 09:29:23 AM

BSaphire

Quote from: gary925 on February 25, 2014, 03:35:08 PM
Hey, is this going on this year? :) id love to know.
Yep! I had so much fun last year as a vault dweller I can't pass it up!
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: BSaphire on February 25, 2014, 05:46:32 PM
Quote from: gary925 on February 25, 2014, 03:35:08 PM
Hey, is this going on this year? :) id love to know.
Yep! I had so much fun last year as a vault dweller I can't pass it up!
Epic!!! :D
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

Rurutie8

So, will there be a 2014 gathering for Old School Cosplay?

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

SkylerKarashi

Would bleach be acceptable for this? It came out in 2001.
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

PsychicPsycho

If I finish my Kid (Chrono Cross) cosplay in time this year, I definitely want to wear her to one of these - preferably Friday so I can get some worth outta the effort it's taken to complete this cosplay! XD

Since Thursday tends to be a bit hectic and it's the unofficial gathering, can I bend the rules and wear a character from a Canadian-American cartoon that debuted in 1999? Still old school animation, right?  ;D (That would be Marie Kanker from Ed, Edd, n Eddy, btw...if I can get/borrow a wig, anyway!  ;))

K&K4ever

Hay B, I'll be going to the gathering as Maryl from Trigun, and my Aunt will be Millie depending on timing XD
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

djmonolith

I am working on a Space Battleship Yamato (Starblazers) costume this year.  That is OLD SCHOOL anime for sure.
This is my signature.

BSaphire

Quote from: djmonolith on March 06, 2014, 04:50:56 PM
I am working on a Space Battleship Yamato (Starblazers) costume this year.  That is OLD SCHOOL anime for sure.
YEAH! I just love this gathering! And NO it isn't cause I'm Old School :P But because I love seeing all the cool cosplays from way back having a place to showcase again. There were some REALLY Awesome cosplays around when I first came to cons and I don't get to see as many as way back then.

B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

azreale

Thursday I'll try to be there are Fam (ruin explorers) and either Wizardmon (digimon) or 003 (cyborg 009) on friday!
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

azreale

^^^^ forgot
ruin explorers is from 1995
Digimon -1990s
and Cyborg 009- 1960s-90s depending on the version
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Angelx624

I shall be there as Refia(thief outfit) from Final Fantasy III! ^^ (The original game was released in 1990 in Japan so I'm guessing it counts?)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

KellBean

I really want to do a Yu Yu Hakusho cosplay.  The most likely one I'll do is Keiko.  Or I could do Nami from One Piece in the early, early years...
Fanime Cosplays

Black Widow - Civil War/Winter Soldier
Nami (Time Skip) - One Piece
Nanami (Formal Kimono) - Kamisama Kiss
Sea Goddess
Red Panda Kigurumi

CielloRegalo

I cannot express how old this thread makes me feel... But hey I am super happy people appreciate the classics (even if the classics were when I was 15 according to your year considering things 'old school') We may attend based on time available. My boyfriend and I might bust out some Tokyo Babylon but there is already a CLAMP gathering so we may have to choose between this and that and since when is EVA old school?! 3.33 just came out... le sigh... we're old. But we'll also be Shinji and Kaworu so there are several options we may be. I can state more certain cosplays and confirm if we'll attend as events and gatherings become more solid. Thanks for the opportunity to bust out some old school appreciation :) I so look forward to taking pics.

sirenskye

Hello! I was the Melfina (Outlaw Star) from fanime 2013, and I'll be attending again as Melfina, this time with the right wig xD

CielloRegalo

BF and I are cosplaying Shinji and Kaworu of EVA. I just want to confirm that the date and time that is the first post on the thread is accurate. Thursday(day zero) at 6pm?

SpookyPookie

Think my Purple Tentacle from 'Day of the Tentacle' would fit in? ;)

BSaphire

The info on the first post is accurate there are two with the Thursday gathering being the unofficial one that would allow for all those great cosplays that aren't traditional such as comic, web graphic, etc. So YES, SpookiePookie, your purple tentacle monster would work for Thursday :P

Though 2001 may seem "not so old school" to some of you, I had to pick a reasonable time frame and it seemed to work with the changing of gaming platforms, new styles in manga and anime, and more modern movies so 2001 it is. :)

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

evas

I'll try to make it on Friday... Not sure if I'll be able to, but if I do, I'll be Rei Ayanami from NGE :)

thereisnodanaonlyzuul

I don't know if we'll be wearing them Friday (still gotta iron out my schedule) but I'll be Movie!Utena with a Movie!Anthy :3