The Gaming Hall 2012 Wants and Needs Moar Games!

Started by Ska_Kitti, August 10, 2011, 09:09:13 PM

Izoz

I noticed they'll not be a tournement this year for Twinkle Star Sprites (sadly) but I certainly hope it will at least be back at Fanime, alongside Powerstones 2.

Also Mario Kart 64, which has been sorely missing from the usual great selection of N64 games for the past couple of years now.

heeroyuy135

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

NOTE: All eGaming info goes here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17039.0.html

Also, This is only Revision 1.0.  There will be more changes on the way.  Keep on suggesting and we will reply back ASAP! ;D
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

blacklolita

i would like there to be just dance 1, 2, & 3. and also the michael jackson game on the wii please.

KusanagiShiro

I will be bringing my Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection if anyone wants to supply a Fat PS3 for it to be on.

shashinkun

Quote from: DudeINeedSleep on February 06, 2012, 07:19:04 PM
Project Diva Arcade!

I have Project Diva Dreamy Theatre 2 on my PS3, which is sort-of close ;).

Problem is that it's a download-only game from the PlayStation Store, and the eGaming Official Thread says "do not bring your own system..."

clawmaster

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

neko ewen

Heyo. Just wanted to add that I'll be at FanimeCon this year along with Bliss Authority, Ben Lehman, and a few others for Cel*Style stuff. I'm still working out what exactly I'll be doing, but a preview of Golden Sky Stories is a strong possibility.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

Yuutousei

Quote from: neko ewen on April 16, 2012, 03:00:28 PM
Heyo. Just wanted to add that I'll be at FanimeCon this year along with Bliss Authority, Ben Lehman, and a few others for Cel*Style stuff. I'm still working out what exactly I'll be doing, but a preview of Golden Sky Stories is a strong possibility.
Does this mean I can buy it at the con?
Also, what's the chance of a game or two of Magical Burst? It was a hit with the students I tutor, even though I had to change the game a bit to work with less dice rolls.
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

neko ewen

Quote from: Yuutousei on April 17, 2012, 10:02:31 AMDoes this mean I can buy it at the con?
Also, what's the chance of a game or two of Magical Burst? It was a hit with the students I tutor, even though I had to change the game a bit to work with less dice rolls.
Unfortunately we have a good deal more work to do before Golden Sky Stories will be ready to sell, plus I'm not sure if we're going to be set up to sell stuff at the con in the first place. I haven't decided what exactly I'll be running, and to be honest I'm not super-confident running Magical Burst, but if there's enough interest I'll be willing to give it a try.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

Yuutousei

Quote from: neko ewen on April 17, 2012, 04:05:13 PMUnfortunately we have a good deal more work to do before Golden Sky Stories will be ready to sell, plus I'm not sure if we're going to be set up to sell stuff at the con in the first place. I haven't decided what exactly I'll be running, and to be honest I'm not super-confident running Magical Burst, but if there's enough interest I'll be willing to give it a try.
Ah, I understand.  I'll continue following and hopefully we'll see a kickstarter for it in the near future :D I think, regardless of what you run, people will have fun~
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

Rainbow Ichi

so...is this the place to find like minded-gamers who just recently discovered Kid Icarus Uprising for the 3DS is awesome :) ?

I'd love to find a gathering of gamers playing this game :D and play local 3vs3 Light vs Dark or, Free for all against 5 other players :")
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

virilevocalist

Bushido Blade 1 and 2 for the Playstation. Retrogaming, WOOT!
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

Rank

Skullgirls for sure! Mike Z, the project lead, stops by Fanime almost every year to play GG and BB. How cool would it be to play his own game with him?

abcbadcat

Gundam Extreme Vs
Skullgirls
and Catherine!

yeahhhhhh

Catherineeeeee :D

100kV

QuotePC Gaming only: you are allowed to bring laptops or PC's.  Whatever content is displayed to the public in your laptop or PC does not conflict with arcade (i.e bringing Street Fighter IV when there's an arcade cabinet present) nor is illegal at cons (i.e. Stepmania, MUGEN).

Does this mean osu! is prohibited?

Demo 1
Demo 2

osu! isn't an arcade game, and it has many anime songs. Many would find this game very enjoyable.

If allowed, I could provide a setup for this game.

pokkypok

Quote from: blacklolita on March 31, 2012, 06:38:55 PM
i would like there to be just dance 1, 2, & 3. and also the michael jackson game on the wii please.

I agree with this!

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: 100kV on May 03, 2012, 01:11:42 AM
QuotePC Gaming only: you are allowed to bring laptops or PC's.  Whatever content is displayed to the public in your laptop or PC does not conflict with arcade (i.e bringing Street Fighter IV when there's an arcade cabinet present) nor is illegal at cons (i.e. Stepmania, MUGEN).

Does this mean osu! is prohibited?

Demo 1
Demo 2

osu! isn't an arcade game, and it has many anime songs. Many would find this game very enjoyable.

If allowed, I could provide a setup for this game.

Unfortunately, Osu! is prohibited.  It falls under the same legal issues with Stepmania and MUGEN.   :(
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

100kV

Is it because it's a non-commercial game?

A detailed description of this legal restriction would be really useful in knowing which games are allowed.

Also, I've been to Anime Express convention. While they had very strict legal restrictions there, they had an osu! booth. It was really fun when people gathered around and took turns playing.

Ska_Kitti

Osu falls under the same guidelines as a bootleg copy of anything that's mass produced. Companies get upset when someone takes product of their and clearly modifies them, such as Stepmania and Mugen which are obvious proxies of obvious games. While I personally don't know -exactly- what Osu is, it seems to falling with the others mentioned above so if you're going to play it, then refrain from it in the Gaming Hall. Thankies~
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay