Cosplayer Hangout 2014 edition CLOSED

Started by BSaphire, August 13, 2011, 10:07:35 AM

Cosplayer Hangout 2013...

4 Stars ~ LOVED IT and will use it again!
3 Stars ~ Great idea and I might use it again.
2 Stars ~ It's was ok, but I didn't use it.
1 Stars ~ Nice try, but won't really help cosplayers.
0 Stars ~ I'm the devil... What were you thinking!

PrincessSquib

Quote from: BSaphire on May 16, 2014, 10:29:42 AM
Quote from: Xeluu on May 16, 2014, 04:03:48 AM
Since we are now getting down to a week before con I just wanted to check in on when we might be hearing more information about Chopped Cosplay. I got an e-mail saying the application was going to be forwarded to the right people, but I wanted to know if I should expect any further contact before arriving for the Friday event?
Thanks all, see you soon!
-Xeluu

The Chopped Cosplay Team Applications are CLOSED! :) Post #5 has been updated with day/time/location info on the Qualifying Round and the Teams are listed. There will be an email out today (I believe) to the team captains which will have the Team Handbook attached along with Qualifying Round information. Please check with your captains on that information.

The QR time starts at 6:30pm and after the four teams and one alternate win there will be the team orentation immediately following. It should all be done by 8pm so have your questions ready should your team make it to the show.

GOOD LUCK to ALL the Teams and Thank You for your participation in Chopped Cosplay 2014! It's going to be a FANTASTIC SHOW!
Squidges
B

Is the qualifying round based on AoT as well?
Princess Squib Cosplay
Cosplays That I'll Be Making For Fanime 2018:
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

BSaphire

Quote from: PrincessSquib on May 16, 2014, 05:34:43 PM
Since we are now getting down to a week before con I just wanted to check in on when we might be hearing more information about Chopped Cosplay. I got an e-mail saying the application was going to be forwarded to the right people, but I wanted to know if I should expect any further contact before arriving for the Friday event?
-Xeluu

The Chopped Cosplay Team Applications are CLOSED! :) Post #5 has been updated with day/time/location info on the Qualifying Round and the Teams are listed. There will be an email out today (I believe) to the team captains which will have the Team Handbook attached along with Qualifying Round information. Please check with your captains on that information.

The QR time starts at 6:30pm and after the four teams and one alternate win there will be the team orentation immediately following. It should all be done by 8pm so have your questions ready should your team make it to the show.

GOOD LUCK to ALL the Teams and Thank You for your participation in Chopped Cosplay 2014! It's going to be a FANTASTIC SHOW!
Squidges
B

There is no "theme" for the Qualifying Round.
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

PrincessSquib

Quote from: BSaphire on May 16, 2014, 08:52:29 PM
-Xeluu

Squidges
B

Oh! Okay! I was just curious.  There were only meetings the last two years.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

BSaphire

Quote from: PrincessSquib on May 16, 2014, 09:01:18 PM
-Xeluu

Squidges
B

CC Team captains look in your email for Chopped Cosplay Qualifying Round information. It has been sent.
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

SquishyK

Quote from: PrincessSquib on May 16, 2014, 09:01:18 PM
-Xeluu

Squidges
B

Good thing you asked. I sort of just assumed it would be.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Xeluu

I don't know if anyone will be able to answer this in time (staff or previous Chopped Cosplay participants) but I'm hoping so:
For the qualifying round there's no theme: does that mean my team gets to pick a random character and make it? Or will we be told something/someone to make?
Same thing for the main event if we make it past qualifiers, are we given an AoT character to make? Or do we pick one?
I'm just trying to figure out what to expect given the rules that were sent out regarding what you can and can't bring. (I'm not sure reference images make sense unless we choose who we're making.)
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

SquishyK

Quote from: Xeluu on May 21, 2014, 04:41:44 PM
I don't know if anyone will be able to answer this in time (staff or previous Chopped Cosplay participants) but I'm hoping so:
For the qualifying round there's no theme: does that mean my team gets to pick a random character and make it? Or will we be told something/someone to make?
Same thing for the main event if we make it past qualifiers, are we given an AoT character to make? Or do we pick one?
I'm just trying to figure out what to expect given the rules that were sent out regarding what you can and can't bring. (I'm not sure reference images make sense unless we choose who we're making.)

For the actual competition you choose what cosplay you are making. In the past anything related to the theme has been fair game. I was also wondering about the qualifier, I have an idea of what our team might make but I'm worried that I'll show up to the qualifier and be told we have to make a specific kind of prop or something.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

BSaphire

Quote from: pitin on May 21, 2014, 04:59:45 PM
Quote from: Xeluu on May 21, 2014, 04:41:44 PM

For the actual competition you choose what cosplay you are making. In the past anything related to the theme has been fair game. I was also wondering about the qualifier, I have an idea of what our team might make but I'm worried that I'll show up to the qualifier and be told we have to make a specific kind of prop or something.
The team captains were given info to distribute to their teams. There is a contact person that the team can ask their questions to.
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

PrincessSquib

Are there any pictures available from the chopped cosplay event?
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Imperial

I was the Film Guy at the event. All I can confirm is that there is footage, and B has it. I will try and do an edit myself of it, but its her footage and I am one to respect her wishes of doing one herself. do note that she usually recovers from con for a bit, and then she is back on her feet.

PrincessSquib

Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

PrincessSquib

Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya