FanimeCon 2013 Weapons, Props, Peace-bond & Costume Policy [Final 1/1/2012]

Started by Aelia, August 17, 2011, 11:14:07 AM

Aelia

Quote from: Pwnking on May 09, 2014, 03:18:01 AM
I have a nerf water gun and im not really sure how to make it not work (aside from not putting water in it. duh) Would removing the part that would usually makes sure the water doesn't  spill out and covering the nozzle where water would come out with another orange material be appropriate?
Sounds okay. We could additionally peacebonded the trigger back so it couldn't be used.
Director of Operations

Monokuru

I may be going as LAW from the game Tekken, I've read the rules where that costumes cannot expose the body in such ways. The character is shirtless and I also wanted to go shirtless for this cosplay. I was wondering if its ok or not to cosplay this shirtless character for the convention.

azreale

I'm wondering if my prop "gundo" would be allowed?

it does look like a sniper rifle, but there is no trigger and its made of pvc
i've seen plenty of Yoko cosplayers with "guns" so i was wondering it its the same principle & ok to bring?
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

phantomblackwings

I'm planning on making a Casey Jones from TMNT and his main 'weapon' is a hockey stick/ goalie hockey stick...so can that be peacebonded if i make a back strap for it ( its a wooden actual hockey stick)and the main part sticking out, or should i make one out of foam materials. or a wooden legit hockey stick with orange painted at the edge of it

Zephyr40k

Quote from: Aelia on May 02, 2014, 12:08:29 PM

Quote from: MomPacksMyLunch on April 25, 2014, 12:36:36 PM
I'm a little lost here on how bows are allowed.
Can I have a real bow, but strung with elastic string for the entire time? Or is unstrung required?

It would have to be strung with a fake string in such a way that it clearly cannot shoot, or peacebonded unstrung.

Hi there, thanks for all your help.  I'm planning on cosplaying Green Arrow and need to figure out a way I can bring a bow without breaking your rules.  I've read this forum carefully and I wanted to know if I had a very low-poundage bow and strung it with dental floss, would that be acceptable, as in falling under your "strung with fake string" rule?  That would make it impossible to actually draw the bow, because if you did the floss would instantly break. 

Ultima75000

I'm using an hollow metal pipe as a staff. It has no edges, not rusty and both ends are covered however it is metal and it's heavier than a plastic pipe. (Though the wooden stick I bought originally is for some reason heavier) Would the pipe be counted as live steel or too heavy to be carried as a prop?

Aelia

Quote from: Monokuru on May 14, 2014, 12:00:27 PM
I may be going as LAW from the game Tekken, I've read the rules where that costumes cannot expose the body in such ways. The character is shirtless and I also wanted to go shirtless for this cosplay. I was wondering if its ok or not to cosplay this shirtless character for the convention.
It should be fine? Unless we receive complaints (which we don't usually, as long as it's just bare torso) you can do that.

Quote from: azreale on May 14, 2014, 03:34:58 PM
I'm wondering if my prop "gundo" would be allowed?

it does look like a sniper rifle, but there is no trigger and its made of pvc
i've seen plenty of Yoko cosplayers with "guns" so i was wondering it its the same principle & ok to bring?
The issue is always with the prop itself, and not usually what it's based off of. If it looks like a real gun, then no. If it looks like a prop, then it's fine.

Quote from: phantomblackwings on May 15, 2014, 10:16:22 PM
I'm planning on making a Casey Jones from TMNT and his main 'weapon' is a hockey stick/ goalie hockey stick...so can that be peacebonded if i make a back strap for it ( its a wooden actual hockey stick)and the main part sticking out, or should i make one out of foam materials. or a wooden legit hockey stick with orange painted at the edge of it
Be aware of your surroundings, don't hit people with it. Carry it vertically, and abide by behavior expectations.

Quote from: Zephyr40k on May 16, 2014, 08:47:06 PM
Quote from: Aelia on May 02, 2014, 12:08:29 PM

Quote from: MomPacksMyLunch on April 25, 2014, 12:36:36 PM
I'm a little lost here on how bows are allowed.
Can I have a real bow, but strung with elastic string for the entire time? Or is unstrung required?

It would have to be strung with a fake string in such a way that it clearly cannot shoot, or peacebonded unstrung.

Hi there, thanks for all your help.  I'm planning on cosplaying Green Arrow and need to figure out a way I can bring a bow without breaking your rules.  I've read this forum carefully and I wanted to know if I had a very low-poundage bow and strung it with dental floss, would that be acceptable, as in falling under your "strung with fake string" rule?  That would make it impossible to actually draw the bow, because if you did the floss would instantly break. 
Thgat should be fine?

Quote from: Ultima75000 on May 20, 2014, 08:24:03 PM
I'm using an hollow metal pipe as a staff. It has no edges, not rusty and both ends are covered however it is metal and it's heavier than a plastic pipe. (Though the wooden stick I bought originally is for some reason heavier) Would the pipe be counted as live steel or too heavy to be carried as a prop?
A staff for... what?
Director of Operations

Imperial

So I know I am way in advance for next year, but I am constructing this cosplay right now, and I just want to know what limits I have. 

A: The weapon on the character's right, I am going to have chain connecting the main piece with the blue gem piece, but restrict its movements with Deer fencing wire to tightening the chain enough to make it barely moveable, but hidden to the average camera. My question is A:is this good, as I don't have a reading as to what your policy is on chain, and im just assuming to be safe its like AX's policy, and B:if it isn't, what would make it work?

B: I have a literal barrel, as on the character's left, but was formally used by a winery in my local area. weight is 13lbs, but again, I am most likely going to either carry it like the character, or set it down in a safe area, like Cosplay hangout. Would an image, and an item for scale help determine if it would be allowed at con? and no, It does not have any booze in it, it was made for vinegar.

Aelia

In the interest of keeping those of you in this thread updated;

I have been promoted to a new position (Head of Operations Division) and will not be speaking on behalf of Rovers. I have advised the new Department Head and his Seconds that they should create and maintain a new thread with the 2015 policy as soon as possible.

In the meantime, should you have questions or concerns about cosplay props or policies, please email [email protected]

Thank you.
Director of Operations

SkylerKarashi

My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

auxois

my question was answered, thank you.

FinalStar02

gary925: That wand is ok to bring, and all props need to be peace bonded. Please bring it to the 2nd floor of the Hilton, or the 1st floor of the convention center to have it looked over and peace bonded.

There is a new 2015 Props Policy post, please post all questions there
2015 Rovers Department Head
Always Remember To Have Fun