Bleach Gathering 2012!

Started by inoli, August 19, 2011, 07:06:19 PM

merwin86

Quote from: inoli on December 01, 2011, 10:09:45 PM
Toshi! ;P

I really like the idea of a potluck....but at a convention with some of us [like me] traveling and not so local it might be more difficult to get enough for everyone. Though if people are up to committing I think it would be a BLAST!

I know right now is finals week for a lot of schools and if not that it's time to head to the relatives and Internet is a little difficult to get a hold of out on the ranch, but time is starting to tick closer and other gatherings are looking for time slots and days. So preferences anyone? Sunday, Saturday? afternoon? Super early 6 am in the morning.... Kidding just seeing if you're paying attention... Suggestions?

I figured we'd be having it some time during Saturday because we had it Sunday this year. Or are we no longer doing the Saturday/Sunday swap thing with Naruto...? I don't know much about how these are actually organized but I plan on attending both this and the Naruto gathering just like last time.
FANIME 2013 Cosplays
Bleach: Gin Ichimaru (captain version)
            Shinji Hirako (student version)

inoli

Saturday is fine by me since, yes, its time for the swap. I just figured I'd let democracy still rule Just in case the Naruto  organizers would find it more convenient one day or the next. Usually there's a lot of talk and discussion over the NorCal winter gathering. That and well lets face it, it's "finals week" for many a school so I'm just waiting to see what the majority will want and or what would work best for the majority.

kimu

FYI picking a time for Saturday--Final Fantasy is at 1 pm. Preferences for multiple reasons is to avoid that time zone?
;)

Think I should add meeting for lunch with a Bleach group won't be an option for me, as I'm planning to be in the FF gathering this year.

Pika-Ninja

AUGHKSLJDfuooguhjsdkflgsd. Lol.
I liek starks idea of the picnic lunch. I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR THIS, because it will be my first ever gathering. i'll meet so many people *sparkly eye'd*  ;D
But, if not the picnic lunch, i'd still like to go out with food with everyone, cause I'MMA MEET NEW PEOPLE, AND IMMA BE ONE HAPPY ARRANCAR.
It doesn't matter what day for me since, i just do whatever my nii-san is doing that day :/ :3
Fanime plans~
Rukia Kuchiki: Bleach
Lilynette Gingerback: Bleach
Hungary: Hetalia
(?) Ciel Phantomhive: Kuroshitsuji/Black butler

Firemage1000

Please please  please please  please try to avoid overlap with Final Fantasy! Otherwise I might need to bolt out early to make that one which has priority
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

inoli

Not to worry...  there will be a large gap between the Bleach shoot and the Final Fantasy shoot! So please do not worry!!
Since I have to get Angeal on for FF, trust me facial hair isn't easy so yeah... no problems I'll be avoiding the Final fantasy shoot!

ok so Saturday, in May it can get hot so I'll be encouraging a little later shoot time. However main events [be it the masquerade this year anything can happen shush!, dance or another band] usually start around 5. My Suggestion is that picking a time between 2:30-4 would be ideal despite the warmth.

However despite the bow out to the Naruto Gathering once again I'll point out that if due to time and convenience for other Bleach cosplayers if we can set it Sunday in a way that would allow and not interfere with the Naruto gathering I'm not going to eliminate it from being a possible day. If you hear anything other then whats on the forums for Naruto merwin86, please let me know =)

kimu

As for a lunch gathering: there's over 60 people in the Bleach gathering every year, out that many people, there's no reason a group can't meet for a lunch gathering on Saturday before we have the official Bleach gathering.
The park area by the snake statue works well for a picnic-type lunch gathering, as it was done some years ago around a Bleach Cosplay Chess game there.

As for the official gathering time: Mid-afternoon sounds very reasonable.
It's a known fact that trying to figure out which evening events are going to be on which night is unpredictable and subject to change, so I agree being done before 5 pm should allow for "whatever" is on Saturday night.
I'll vote for a 3 or 3:30.

Haunterluvcookies

I have been to Fanime before but this will be my first time at the Bleach gathering. I hope I don't make to much of a fan girl squeal when I see all the captions and Stark! Well I going to be Wonderweiss from the Arrancars. I have been wanting to cosplay him for awhile now.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

inoli

Welcome Haunterluvscookies! I got you added to the list! it's a conventions ;) Fangirling usually expected so no worries on that ok? Just come and enjoy fellow Bleach fan-shinanigans!

Haunterluvcookies

Thank you! Awsome I can't wait!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Pika-Ninja

Like i said, it doesn't matter when, or day, cause i'm going to end up stalking/following around my nii-san all day (my nii-san is Merwin86), so pretty much doesn't matter when for me :D Wonderweiss! OMG, i love him XD
Fanime plans~

DarkLordOfTheFluff

Count me in as one of my Kenpachi variants. I'm hoping I'll have time to do an upgraded version of my original Kenpachi costume, as my old spike-wig/hair-helmet is all kinds of dead. If not, I may bring out my Arrancar!Kenpachi for teh lulz. =3

merwin86

Quote from: inoli on December 10, 2011, 10:12:45 PM
Not to worry...  there will be a large gap between the Bleach shoot and the Final Fantasy shoot! So please do not worry!!
Since I have to get Angeal on for FF, trust me facial hair isn't easy so yeah... no problems I'll be avoiding the Final fantasy shoot!

ok so Saturday, in May it can get hot so I'll be encouraging a little later shoot time. However main events [be it the masquerade this year anything can happen shush!, dance or another band] usually start around 5. My Suggestion is that picking a time between 2:30-4 would be ideal despite the warmth.

However despite the bow out to the Naruto Gathering once again I'll point out that if due to time and convenience for other Bleach cosplayers if we can set it Sunday in a way that would allow and not interfere with the Naruto gathering I'm not going to eliminate it from being a possible day. If you hear anything other then whats on the forums for Naruto merwin86, please let me know =)

I haven't seen any new developments on the Naruto gathering, but I don't see much of a problem trying to coordinate if we're gonna have our gathering later in the afternoon, regardless of which day. So with that said, I guess my vote is for 3 or 3:30 as well.
FANIME 2013 Cosplays

merwin86

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on December 15, 2011, 12:16:35 PM
I have been to Fanime before but this will be my first time at the Bleach gathering. I hope I don't make to much of a fan girl squeal when I see all the captions and Stark! Well I going to be Wonderweiss from the Arrancars. I have been wanting to cosplay him for awhile now.

Wonderweiss will be an excellent addition to the Arrancar portion of the gathering, can't wait to see that!
FANIME 2013 Cosplays

Mi Feng

Gah~ I love Bleach, first FanimeCon memories! <3
So I will be going as Timeskip Rukia
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
and bringing my little sis as Yachiru.

So what do you guys think of the new expansion? I'm personally a little bummed about the fountain being filled in. T^T But SJCC's gotta do what SJCC's gotta do. :3

I love you guys!!

inoli

wellll thanks for not keeping me up to date email ist *kicks it*

back from ALA and had a blast, now that that's over with time to look forward to the next Con, Fanime!

It's the new year and I'd like to go ahead and start trying to settle on a time, day and place with everyone's help. Please keep in mind we cant accommodate everyone but the sooner we have our gathering set, placed as we can certainly have the potential of being a very LARGE Gathering, the easier it will be for other smaller gatherings to pick their time and place.
Sounds like Saturday at 3:30 till 4:30 is sounding the best for everyone yes? Same location?

DarkLordOfTheFluff I've got you down! Welcome and I can't wait to see which Kenpatchi you bring! XD,  Mi Feng I've got you down along with your little sister..... ;)

@Mi Feng from what Kimu said there's been some plants added in which might make for nice pictures, this Shiba demands more fountains D= but I suppose in efforts to be more green it's ok. I know when some went up for the winter gathering people got a good look around the place to see what might be still good for hang out and pictures. Cross our fingers they have it all cleaned up by may!

Haunterluvcookies

That sounds like a good time, its late in the afternoon and most of the major gatherings will be before that I assume.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Shinigami_Lover

I am sorry but I have changed characters.... So Shinji Hirako Captain of Squad 5 reporting for duty... it is looking to be the newest version btw

I do not know what I did but a friend was like you should do Shinji... so yeah.
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

Pika-Ninja

DID. YOU. JUST. SAY. S-S-S-SHINJIIIIIIIIIII HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRAKOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEE HIIIIIIIIM! Just ask my Nii-san...  ;D ;D ;D
Fanime plans~

Shinigami_Lover

DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)