Let's believe HEROES: Tiger & Bunny Gathering 2013

Started by sael, August 19, 2011, 11:57:24 PM

sael

Calling all heroes!
Sternbild City may be safe, but Fanime 2013 needs you!

That's right, Hero TV is back to bring you Sternbild City's best; so let's get this show on the road! We have ratings to make, records to break, and sponsors to please! Please make sure to report in so that we know who to expect and what to prepare for. Also, take note of the following information so that you don't miss your eager fans - we'll finalize everything sometime in April. Thank you for tuning in.

Day: TBA
Time: TBA
L: TBA

Ah, but before I leave you: An important message from the Fanime Cosplay Gathering Staff.

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not wish to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Number Attending:

Heroes:
Barnaby Brooks Jr.:
Keith Goodman/Sky High:
Karina Lyle/Blue Rose:
Kotetsu T. Kaburagi/Wild Tiger:
Pao-Lin Huang/Dragon Kid:
Nathan Seymore/Fire Emblem:
Antonio Lopez/Rock Bison:
Ivan Karelin/Origami Cyclone:

Antagonists:
H1-01/Dark Tiger
Jake Martinez
Kriem
  • chaosbark

Other:
Kaede Kaburagi
Yuri Petrov/Lunatic
  • Firemage1000 (suit)
Scarf Girl

Special Announcements:
Stay tuned.

Photography Order:
Heroes Group
Heroes (by character)
Antagonists Group
Antagonists (by character)
Requests

raenef

I'll be genderbent Ivan!! Yay for Heroes! I can't wait to see everyone there!!!

first post: Important to get extra sponsor time!
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

Yukari Kaiba

FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

CobaltTempest

I would have organized it, but after I attempted to host another gathering last year and failed, I hesitated at the idea. Anyway, put me down as Barnaby Brooks Jr. in his casual wear. It would be nice to see the characters in their hero costumes, of course. I think some fellow cosplayers in a cosplay group might be down with this as well. I'll have to get back to you later on that, though. By the way, would you provide sashes with that slogan for the hero cosplayers?
Facebook | World Cosplay

Kujo Jotaro - "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure"
Kiryƫin Satsuki - "Kill La Kill"
Champion Cynthia - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

sael

So happy to have you join us. Hero costumes are nice, but a hero is a hero whether in his suit or not.

And I really had not thought of the sashes... I suspect that making them or having them made would be a decent amount of money, though.

EnmaRaeg

Will gladly join as Wild Tiger w/ friend as Rock Bison in hero suits ^^

sael

Glad to have you, Wild Tiger! I've added both you and your friend to the list.

Hopefully we can snag a spot where the hero suits won't be too in the way of traffic.

raenef

I might get little ribbons that attach to the con badges that say that, but it would depend on the number of people at the gathering. Though they'd end up being like 50 cents if people just want me to make them and buy them off me.
(member of Obscure Tomatoes Cosplay group)

EnmaRaeg

We just need Mr. Legend now xD

I was thinking maybe little slips of paper that they can slip into the pass-cover to show they're in hero suits

Salty Pearl

I SHALL BE ATTENDING THIS
in all my glory
as the one and only Kaburagi Kotetsu
with Kaede and Blue Rose

sael

Hello, hello! It was so very quiet for such a long time; you heroes must have been very busy.

Alright, updating this list with three new attendees!

Salty Pearl

Sure, sure. I'm so hyped for this, seriously.
I'm making great efforts to expand our group, but nonetheless
it'll be fabulous to meet fellow heroes.

Do we have any antagonists attending? :-D

sael

Antagonists? No, not yet, but perhaps some will check in before Fanime.

Salty Pearl

We'll be short one Blue Rose.
Alas mine has dropped out.

sael

Ok, list updated.

On another note, I would like to start planning for the gathering time slot. I will try to avoid conflicts with popular/large gatherings (50+ attendees), and would also like to give cosplayers time between costume/costume heavy gatherings. If you are planning to attend any of the following, please give a shout out:

• Kuroshitsuji (large gathering/elaborate outfits requiring time to dress)
  • Sengoku Basara (requires time to dress/navigate/peacebond/etc)
  • Trinity Blood (requires time to dress/navigate/etc)

I understand that changing from a Hero Suit to another costume/prop heavy cosplay can be a hassle and will try to ensure that you have plenty of time to get yourselves changed. If you feel that I have missed a costume/prop heavy gathering, please let me know. Thank you.

WildRoar

<Formerly Enmaraeg>

Hero suits are gonna be a nuisance to walk in, that's why me and my friends are practicing to walk/run/eat in them.

We might be getting a Lunatic, depends if my friend can go or not.

sael

I've updated the list so that your new name is the one listed, but until your Lunatic is confirmed, I'll not add him.

I think it's a very good idea to practice running/walking/sitting/etc in the suits. Personally, I'm worried about leaving my props places.... Anyways, make sure to have at least one minder :) And it always helps to have multiple minders, especially if more than one person in the group is impeded by their cosplay.

WildRoar

I was worried of loosing my props last year too! But since this year, I'm doing an armor suit, it's hard to not notice that you've left something. The worst that can happen is the pieces falling off (thank god for hot glue). I'll try to get my right arm to fold out into GOOD LUCK MODE if possible (which I highly coubt) xP

edit: Just read the special announcement, what if your suit is being made by someone else? I'm making Rock Bison for my friend (irony is that his name is ALSO ANTONIO LOPEZ xD)

sael

Haha! I should just tie my props to me...

Doesn't matter who makes the suit - though if you feel that you should get the title as you made the suit, then you'll have to discuss that with your friend. We'll be playing a couple of games for points. I'm going to try to make them simple for the sake of the hero suit cosplayers. Points will also be assigned for other things that I have yet to decide.

Salty Pearl

Those of you coming in crime fighting gear should all hang at the Cosplay battles. <:3
After all, Heroes have to make a good impression with their props right?