Soul Gems

Started by dajoo, September 08, 2011, 04:59:54 AM

dajoo

Those nifty little things you put your soul in.

I'm planning on making soul gems from Madoka Magica. They will be 1:1 scale, be made of plastic and light up. I'm curious if people would be interested in these and how much they would be willing to pay.

I also plan on making realistic looking swords and other weapons in plastic starting with a wakazashi. What would people be interested in commissioning/picking up at the con.

RyuHayabusa

I'm interested in Homura's soul gem so I'm willing to commission one. where are you located at?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

livi-chan

I will be attending Fanime 2012 and one of my cosplay's will be Sayaka. Im interested if you can make her soul gem? We can talk prices. Also you can make swords? if so is it also possible to make Sayaka's sword?
Cosplay for Fanime 2012

Anya Alstreim - Code Geass
Cinque - Final Fantasy Agito(Type-0)
Sayaka Miki- Mahou Shoujo Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Allen Walker -maybe- D.gray-man
Milla Maxwell- Tales of Xillia

Hachimitsu

wait.. question..
if I provide a stone for a soul gem.. will the cost be reduce?

i have something called a honey shard so i was wondering if its possible to make a custom...
unless your planning to do this in bake clay.. not sure how you do your methods!

Hachimitsu

Quote from: dajoo on September 08, 2011, 04:59:54 AM
Those nifty little things you put your soul in.

I'm planning on making soul gems from Madoka Magica. They will be 1:1 scale, be made of plastic and light up. I'm curious if people would be interested in these and how much they would be willing to pay.

I also plan on making realistic looking swords and other weapons in plastic starting with a wakazashi. What would people be interested in commissioning/picking up at the con.

just a heads up... I strongly recommend NOT to do the swords and other weapons...
Con ops has a strict policy of Must be with an outfit!.... so I really don't think its advise to sell weaponry like items from a 1:1 ratio!.. unless you did a small scale version then it might be plausible t sell!

dajoo

Sorry to those interested before, but my way of making the soul gems (a 3d printer) is not working the way I had hoped. I was planning on doing them as one piece so that I could get them lit from the inside so an actual gem would make it more difficult. As for weapons at con there are no stircter rules for selling cosplay weapons (i.e. non metallic) then at the spirit stores for halloween. On top of that I wouldn't be walking around with an arsenal in a trenchcoat, just precommissioned pieces being dropped off.

Hachimitsu

Quote from: dajoo on March 07, 2012, 12:15:20 AM
Sorry to those interested before, but my way of making the soul gems (a 3d printer) is not working the way I had hoped. I was planning on doing them as one piece so that I could get them lit from the inside so an actual gem would make it more difficult. As for weapons at con there are no stircter rules for selling cosplay weapons (i.e. non metallic) then at the spirit stores for halloween. On top of that I wouldn't be walking around with an arsenal in a trenchcoat, just precommissioned pieces being dropped off.

seriously not worth it to do the weaponry...
you can try your luck, but there was a strict rule saying all weaponry items should be with a costume attire.
even if its a made up OC version, they still ask!

learned this the hard way from stacy, closest to sell them is during the fanime con swap meet, but the items had to be used..

as for the soul gems, well
I have an idea about the glowing part that could be useful!

http://www.flashingblinkylights.com/product_info.php?products_id=2287

problem is it only displays multicolors (but I know you want it to glow very slowly and NOT very rapidly)
if you mange to find a singular Aurora colors (known as led mood rings) it could be useful

not only if you can try and do something with that but maybe seek other alterations on creating something cool like
erh
if this was kingdom hearts I would laugh and see if you can do those Serenity shards

anyway just wanted to let you know about it..
I know theres a different name for the lighted effects but it took me a while to remeber it since I got mines off from the discovery channel store back in 1999....

hope it helps!