when is Pre-reg going to be opening up for 2012?

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, September 12, 2011, 11:37:29 AM

Rodney_Pheonix

Just looking for a general date for when that opens up, My college's Anime/Manga Etc club is looking into going.

As well as a price for prereg so we can start the budgeting process.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Probably November/December
It changes from year to year, but that's when I remember it opening the last few years anyways.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

kookiekween99

As for price, in the past it's been around $40 or $45 (I don't remember which) if you get in early enough. I think in 2010, it went up in October, and in 2011, it went up in November. So my suggestion is to just check the website like once a week or so to see if it's up yet.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

CobaltTempest

From what I can remember, Fanime tends to open pre-registration at Yaoi-Con in Burlingame at the starting price of $40. This offer is available for online purchase for a short amount of time. Then it increases to $45 for a while until around December, when it increases to $50 and continues to increase every few months until the at-door registration price of $60.
Facebook | World Cosplay

Kujo Jotaro - "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure"
Kiryƫin Satsuki - "Kill La Kill"
Champion Cynthia - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

M

As ColbaltTempest said, we normally open up pre-register at Yaoi-Con (with online pre-registration shortly afterwards).

As of now, the date is currently up in the air, but you'll see updates on our Twitter/Facebook/forums.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

sweetchorizo

Quote from: MPLe on September 23, 2011, 01:19:47 PM
As ColbaltTempest said, we normally open up pre-register at Yaoi-Con (with online pre-registration shortly afterwards).

As of now, the date is currently up in the air, but you'll see updates on our Twitter/Facebook/forums.

Is there a way to go in and just get my pre-reg for fanime or do I need to also reg for yaoi-con which might be a waste for me since I might only be able to spare a little time that weekend.  Also could I also get my friends passes there too?

M

Quote from: sweetchorizo on September 27, 2011, 04:05:23 PM
Quote from: MPLe on September 23, 2011, 01:19:47 PM

Is there a way to go in and just get my pre-reg for fanime or do I need to also reg for yaoi-con which might be a waste for me since I might only be able to spare a little time that weekend.  Also could I also get my friends passes there too?
Last year, we opened up pre-reg online a few days after (think of Yaoi-Con as a small test of our database) so if we do that again, you will not need to attend Yaoi-Con in order to pre-reg. Also, you should be able to pre-reg your friends.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

OGIGA

Any update about when this will happen? Refreshing the page every 10 minutes gets tiring. =P

kookiekween99

I'm curious about this as well. The last thing we were told was "Shortly after Yaoi-Con." Yaoi-Con was three weeks ago. Last year, Pre-Reg went up on November 4, and it was considered uber late. It is now November 11. I get that you're having issues with your database or something (I get an error message when I visit registration.fanime.com, so I figured it was a technical issue) but I'm a little worried that there hasn't been any updates or reassurances that Registration will be up any time soon. Perhaps a small sign of life or a "Yes, we're working on it, please be patient" might make me (and others) feel better.

ewu

Yes, we are working on it. I wanted to get some sort of date before posting, but for now I can only say that we are working on it.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Rodney_Pheonix

Well now i have something that i can tell the folks at my college's Genshiken.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

AngelWings

I actually dropped by yaoi con on their sunday to see if I could pre reg for Fanime in person because I hadn't seen it go up on the web. I was told Fanime wasnt there this year or last year? Are you discontinuing doing that or is it just the timing?

ewu

We should've been there. I have registrations from 2011 that came from YaoiCon. I haven't seen the 2012, but I know that someone went to YaoiCon.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

AngelWings

Gah really? Maybe I talked to the wrong staffers. I did search around trying to find you guys. In that case if there was someone there were they taking pre reg even though it's not online? (And if so can I get in on that? I still have my wristband and probably my badge somewhere.  Lol)

bahamutknightzero

If I remember, they were at Yaoi-Con this year but they were not doing registration

ewu

Yes that is correct, we were at YaoiCon but did not take registrations.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

AngelWings

Alrighty thanks for the info either way. It's always nice to find out what actually happened/is happening.

pinkraintoday

I wish we were made aware of a specific date for pre-reg. I would also thoroughly enjoy it if the staff updated the site to 2012. xD

CosplayDevotee

Quote from: pinkraintoday on November 15, 2011, 03:13:47 PM
I wish we were made aware of a specific date for pre-reg. I would also thoroughly enjoy it if the staff updated the site to 2012. xD
My biggest fear is missing out on the first 15 minutes when the hotels open as well. A post on the fanime Facebook page states all registrations regarding fanime are in the works, so does that mean they will all go up at once? Pre-registration is now unfortunately a source of stress in my household.  :'(

kookiekween99

Quote from: Affliction on November 16, 2011, 07:51:50 PM
Quote from: pinkraintoday on November 15, 2011, 03:13:47 PM
My biggest fear is missing out on the first 15 minutes when the hotels open as well. A post on the fanime Facebook page states all registrations regarding fanime are in the works, so does that mean they will all go up at once? Pre-registration is now unfortunately a source of stress in my household.  :'(

Last year, the Hilton filled up within 3 hours after the site went up last January. So your fear is not unwarranted.

As for Pre-Reg, I'm in a similar boat, only with my anime club. Traditionally, most of the people in my club give me the money, and I register them under my group. They keep asking me when Pre-Reg is going up, and I keep having to tell them that I have no idea, but as soon as I know anything, I'll let them know so they can get me the money.