when is Pre-reg going to be opening up for 2012?

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, September 12, 2011, 11:37:29 AM

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Dany on December 31, 2011, 01:09:30 PM
Indeed. A $5 increase? That's a trip to Starbucks, maybe a candy bar on top. If they went up $15 or $20, I'd be a bit more surprised. But I can easily live with giving Fanime an extra $10 (for two badges).

Let's keep it in perspective here: AX is $55 today, and will go up to $60 per person starting tomorrow.  SDCC is sitting at $150 dollars without preview night, $175 if you want to include preview night (assuming that you can even GET a badge because their registration system has sucked a million lollipops for at least the last two years or so).

Not a bad deal for a convention I can easily drive to and work only a stone's throw from :D
I have to agree.  $5 isn't that much (maybe a meal or two at McDonald's depending on what you get), and besides, places everywhere are raising their costs.  Starbucks recently added 10-15 cents to the prices of all their drinks, and semester tuition is going up hundreds of dollars continuously.  Not to mention $50 for an all-weekend, 24-hour convention is still a good deal.  I understand everyone has an emotional reaction whenever prices increase.  I'll admit I was a little shocked at first upon receiving the tweet.  But when you put things in perspective, it really isn't that bad.  Really though, I'm just glad prices have been announced and that a date is set for pre-registration =).

Right now I'm hoping that hotel registration goes up before the spring semester starts since it would be a lot easier to get that done without also juggling class.  But, I know the staff is working hard to get it up, so I'll just be patient =).

PassingTheBuck

Not to start a panic, but when it does open, whatever date that is, I'm personally going to wait a few days and watch the forums.  Once the word gets out, the rush to pay will probably be massive. Image a few thousand people trying to register at once...   :-\

Than there are those rushing to get hotel rooms...  :D

I have two adult memberships I need to buy and frankly, there are ten thousands other people just waiting for the green signal flare to go up and once it does, the stampede over the net will be ugly...   :o

Of course I have afford to wait until the next tier to pay, but I'm not everyone...   ;D
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Dany

Quote from: PassingTheBuck on January 05, 2012, 02:03:40 PM
Not to start a panic, but when it does open, whatever date that is, I'm personally going to wait a few days and watch the forums.  Once the word gets out, the rush to pay will probably be massive. Image a few thousand people trying to register at once...   :-\

I have two adult memberships I need to buy and frankly, there are ten thousands other people just waiting for the green signal flare to go up and once it does, the stampede over the net will be ugly...   :o

Of course I have afford to wait until the next tier to pay, but I'm not everyone...   ;D

Oddly enough, I think we registered the day it opened for 2010 and I had no issues at all. Same for hotel.  And I know for one or the other, I was in Italy accessing the site.

Unless something really weird happened last year that I missed discussion on, you should be safe from a "stampede" of the SDCC level (which sucks beyond the telling of it).  A lot of the rush on reg is, I believe, folks wanting to get it out of the way early and potentially getting lower badge numbers. That will go fast because many will not worry about it until it gets close to the next price hike.

Hotel is a bit different, because you're looking at a certain amount of rooms for each hotel block and everyone has preferences. But still, I've yet to have serious issues with booking *knocks on wood* and I usually get what I want (the Hilton).
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

M

Quote from: Dany on January 05, 2012, 02:16:51 PM

Oddly enough, I think we registered the day it opened for 2010 and I had no issues at all. Same for hotel.  And I know for one or the other, I was in Italy accessing the site.

Unless something really weird happened last year that I missed discussion on, you should be safe from a "stampede" of the SDCC level (which sucks beyond the telling of it).  A lot of the rush on reg is, I believe, folks wanting to get it out of the way early and potentially getting lower badge numbers. That will go fast because many will not worry about it until it gets close to the next price hike.

Hotel is a bit different, because you're looking at a certain amount of rooms for each hotel block and everyone has preferences. But still, I've yet to have serious issues with booking *knocks on wood* and I usually get what I want (the Hilton).
Well thankfully, all FanimeCon staffers are aware of Registration opening and we're hoping that the servers don't have a meltdown. :P Besides, you have until the end of the month and as always, if *we* do something to screw up the opening, we'll do something to compensate (like delaying the price increase, as we've done in the past).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Makise09

Quote from: MPLe on January 05, 2012, 03:15:22 PM
Quote from: Dany on January 05, 2012, 02:16:51 PM

Well thankfully, all FanimeCon staffers are aware of Registration opening and we're hoping that the servers don't have a meltdown. :P Besides, you have until the end of the month and as always, if *we* do something to screw up the opening, we'll do something to compensate (like delaying the price increase, as we've done in the past).

Is there at certain time on the 31st that Pre Reg will close? If I can remember right last year it ended at midnight the day it closed?

Zully

Is there a specific time today that prereg opens? Or hotel?

Arkham

Quote from: Zully on January 06, 2012, 07:20:16 AM

The announcement said noon, PST for prereg. So I would expect it to be at noon.
--Arkham : The Blackened Hatter

M

Quote from: Makise09 on January 05, 2012, 05:17:38 PM
Is there at certain time on the 31st that Pre Reg will close? If I can remember right last year it ended at midnight the day it closed?
Pre-reg doesn't really close... It just moves up to the next price point at 12:00 AM (midnight or a minute after 11:59 PM) Pacific Standard/Daylight Time..

Quote from: Arkham on January 06, 2012, 10:02:59 AM
It will go up as soon as all of the testing is completed. This could be anywhere from "in a minute" (from this post) to around noon. :P It will be open at noon hopefully (any delays would be minor).

[Edit: Correction - "around noon"]

chifunii

Since I pre-reg'd at the end of con, will I be able/have to create an account in Registration (as I've had to do in the past)?
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Lucifargundam

it's 1210 and I'm eagerly awaiting the page to be updated T-T

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

OGIGA

*repeated refreshes page* So umm, are we still on schedule?

Dany

Quote from: Arkham on January 06, 2012, 10:02:59 AM

I anticipate that they are prepping :)

M

https://www.facebook.com/FanimeCon/posts/278051055560460

QuoteThere are issues with the payment website that are preventing us from opening. We're working on it and will give an update asap! Sorry. :(

We were all ready to go live too. =/

Lucifargundam

"BAKA" -___-

Edit::::
I see what you did thar on the body tag for the registration page....

mariotheotaku

I got called "Baka" there goes the rest of my self-esteem  ;D

Lucifargundam

"all bugfixing and no minecraft make regstaff something something"

Are you giving us textual entertainment now? :D

Dany

Quote from: Lucifargundam on January 06, 2012, 12:20:30 PM

They know we're watching. I'm surprised it doesn't show Nyan Cat.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Dany on January 06, 2012, 12:22:20 PM
Quote from: Lucifargundam on January 06, 2012, 12:20:30 PM

They know we're watching. I'm surprised it doesn't show Nyan Cat.
Don't get them started! :S :P I have to register for 3 and I'm taking care of the sick one at the same time :/

Wish I could help them out somehow...

Dany

Quote from: Lucifargundam on January 06, 2012, 12:25:34 PM
Wish I could help them out somehow...

Cheerleading? *shakes pompoms* Goes with the sport theme!

Lucifargundam

I'm good at basic programming but nothing I'm sure they're actually working on (C# maybe or sql?)... :/ maybe someday?