Occupy Wall Street

Started by Glitch, October 10, 2011, 07:30:29 PM

Glitch

So what do you folks think of this movement?
I personally am a supporter, and glad it's gotten momentum.(in some ways kind of surprised me that it did)
I remember feeling frustration the first week because the media completely ignored it. Now it's all over the place.

TC X0 Lt 0X

It is something that I would like to support, but I am a bit edgy on it for now. =P

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Admiral Donuts

Here's hoping it brings down the man.

Betting it doesn't though.

heeroyuy135

The biggest problem that I have with OWS is the proposed list of demands. Thank god they are proposed, because some of them are just absurd. They're demanding outrageous dreams like decommissioning all the nuclear power plants in America, increasing FEDERAL minimum wage to $20/hr, free college education for all, and eliminating ALL DEBT IN THE WORLD. I can see where they're coming from when it comes to these demands such as green technology and social welfare, but drastic measures would do more harm than good.

Glitch

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on October 12, 2011, 09:04:11 PM
The biggest problem that I have with OWS is the proposed list of demands. Thank god they are proposed, because some of them are just absurd. They're demanding outrageous dreams like decommissioning all the nuclear power plants in America, increasing FEDERAL minimum wage to $20/hr, free college education for all, and eliminating ALL DEBT IN THE WORLD. I can see where they're coming from when it comes to these demands such as green technology and social welfare, but drastic measures would do more harm than good.
where did you hear all these crazy ones?

There is no official list of demands since there is no one central leadership. They're more like goals everybody has in common. Most them of that are common are keeping corporate money out of the election process,taxing the rich, and punishing wall street companys' who caused the financial collapse.

G.I.R

People are just getting fed-up (and not just in the U.S.) with the economic situation in the world.
Time for the tax-break rich and congress to wake up and smell the coffee.  People are getting desperate for jobs. 
But then theres people like Herman Cain that just don't get it.

Admiral Donuts

George Carlin says it better than I ever could. NSFW due to cussing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1lZMTCqf8&feature=related

KusanagiShiro

Whoa whoa whoa...put the brakes on things RIGHT THERE bro. Protesting isn't enough. Demanding isn't enough. Actions speak louder than words. What we need is to take out the big banks for good, by having EVERYONE in them move their accounts to small banks or credit unions.

<WARNING: REDNECK MOMENT AHEAD>
Or better yet, to form a BAT&PLM (Big Angry Torch & Pitchfork Lynch Mob) and run those CEOS up by their necks around a tree! </redneck>

G.I.R

Quote from: KusanagiShiro on October 13, 2011, 12:59:19 PM

Whoa whoa whoa...put the brakes on things RIGHT THERE bro. Protesting isn't enough. Demanding isn't enough. Actions speak louder than words. What we need is to take out the big banks for good, by having EVERYONE in them move their accounts to small banks or credit unions.

<WARNING: REDNECK MOMENT AHEAD>
Or better yet, to form a BAT&PLM (Big Angry Torch & Pitchfork Lynch Mob) and run those CEOS up by their necks around a tree! </redneck>
Copy and paste.  Especially when one unnamed bank (Cough-BofA-Cough!) wants to charge you $5  a month for the "Privilege" to use your Debit card, after convincing the public that it's cheaper than using checks, and is also giving their higher ranked officers record bonuses while laying off thousands of workers.

Glitch

If you want to know the exact details on why this is happening, watch the movie Inside Job. It explains everything so clearly.
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzrBurlJUNk
Warning: your blood will boil with rage after watching it.

heeroyuy135

If anything, I hope that somehow someway Congress will re-enact the Glass–Steagall Act, one of the major reasons for the recent financial & housing crisis. Then again, I've been on the "re-enact the Glass–Steagall Act" bandwagon way before everything started to happen.

Kanameshito

::) Best option is to vote for Ron Paul.Vote out the current senate that is your vote. :D :D :D.We are fucked if someone like Mittens gets the house.
Breathing in the same sequence
While trying to make sense of your situation
What we got ourselves in, two more weeks of one way conversation
She says she's losing interest
I swear that we are best friends till the end
A song that had me listening

Kanameshito

To be honest    
Swatstikas do not bother me.When it comes to Hetalia cosplayers though it's the disrespect to the flags that put me in a tiff. (Dragging on Floor)...Just my opinion on this matter it can be viewed poorly.
Breathing in the same sequence
While trying to make sense of your situation
What we got ourselves in, two more weeks of one way conversation
She says she's losing interest
I swear that we are best friends till the end
A song that had me listening

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Kanameshito on March 05, 2012, 12:18:33 PM
To be honest    
Swatstikas do not bother me.When it comes to Hetalia cosplayers though it's the disrespect to the flags that put me in a tiff. (Dragging on Floor)...Just my opinion on this matter it can be viewed poorly.

...But to be honest...

What does Swastikas have to do with Occupy Wall Street? ???
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Glitch

Quote from: Kanameshito on March 05, 2012, 11:53:44 AM
::) Best option is to vote for Ron Paul.Vote out the current senate that is your vote. :D :D :D.We are fucked if someone like Mittens gets the house.
I got my opinions on ron paul, but that's for a whole other thread. lol
I will say I love how santorum's and mitt's names have been bastardized.

Glitch

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on March 05, 2012, 09:59:49 PM
To be honest    

...But to be honest...

She probably meant to post in the other thread. If a mod could be kind enough to delete it. ^_^

G.I.R

Quote from: Glitch on March 05, 2012, 10:28:00 PM
Ron Paul:  He's the new Ross Perot!  XD

heeroyuy135

Occupy Wall Street was so last year.
It's all about SOPA and Kony 2012 now.

Glitch

Quote from: G.I.R on March 06, 2012, 12:19:23 AM
Quote from: Glitch on March 05, 2012, 10:28:00 PM
Ron Paul:  He's the new Ross Perot!  XD
ron paul is nowhere near the level of ross perot. XD Just realized the initials.

raltga

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on March 05, 2012, 09:59:49 PM
To be honest    

...But to be honest...

don't apply logic to ron paul supporters, it's like water and oil...