hotel 2012??

Started by ruby19_4, October 17, 2011, 06:12:02 AM

ruby19_4

Anyone know when it will be post it up for the hotel 2012?

M

Hotel information has always been posted Dec/Jan. As of now, that looks to be the target date, but nothing is finalized and the date can always shift.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

ruby19_4

Crosses

Didn't know where else to post this but. I'd like to ask, so the best way to get reserve a hotel for fanime is through the site? Because i looked like a month ago at hilton and marriot and they are saying its fully booked? Is that because its reserved for fanime?
http://www.nt2099.com/cosplay/cos_fish.jpg
Crazy fans or just pervented freaks
Found link at cosplay underground

kookiekween99

Quote from: Crosses on December 01, 2011, 09:52:27 PM
Didn't know where else to post this but. I'd like to ask, so the best way to get reserve a hotel for fanime is through the site? Because i looked like a month ago at hilton and marriot and they are saying its fully booked? Is that because its reserved for fanime?

Fanime is currently negotiating with the hotels on specials rates for congoers. However, the negotiations are not yet complete, so at the moment, there is no way to reserve for that weekend at those hotels. When Hotel Registration goes up in Dec/Jan (probably January judging by how late Pre-Reg is) the best way will be through the Fanime website.

And holy crap, I just realized it's December already. o_o The lack of Pre-Reg has screwed with my internal clock. TT_TT
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

ruby19_4

I love the new website, but Im confused with the hotel reservation. is it ready or not?

kookiekween99

ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

eralston

Quote from: ruby19_4 on December 05, 2011, 07:11:08 AM
I love the new website, but Im confused with the hotel reservation. is it ready or not?

I edited the links to hopefully be a little more clear that the registration is not ready yet. I apologize for any confusion that may have arisen from the images as they were.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

ruby19_4

O i c. I was hoping it was ready. O well. I will keep waiting. I hope I dont miss it.

Rin_chan

I'm sure you won't miss anything as long as you check the forums semi-frequently. I check in the morning and again at night (might be more often then needed, but it doesn't hurt) so I know I don't need to worry about missing a huge announcement.

Don't quote me on this because I could be wrong, but I think I remember someone posting that an announcement would be made about when hotel reservations would be open within 24 hours of the staff knowing the exact date? Again, I could be wrong about that. ^^;

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Rin_chan on December 19, 2011, 09:51:22 PM
Don't quote me on this because I could be wrong, but I think I remember someone posting that an announcement would be made about when hotel reservations would be open within 24 hours of the staff knowing the exact date? Again, I could be wrong about that. ^^;
There's another thread in this section titled "How Much Warning?" where MPLe said that staff should be announcing hotel registration roughly 24 hours after it was confirmed by the staff.  At least, I'm fairly certain that's what they meant as I was never corrected when I went to clarify the post for another forum member.

M

Quote from: Rin_chan on December 19, 2011, 09:51:22 PM
I'm sure you won't miss anything as long as you check the forums semi-frequently. I check in the morning and again at night (might be more often then needed, but it doesn't hurt) so I know I don't need to worry about missing a huge announcement.

Generally, the staff doesn't find out about the general room opening since we have our own room booking (discounted rate, woo!). :P I updated the other thread and I'll also update this thread, but my goal is to announce it at least 24 hours ahead of the actual website going live (and my goal is 7 days before it goes live!).

Makise09

Thanks for the update  :) I'll just keep my eyes open for it

ruby19_4

Awesome. I will keep an eye for it. Thank you so much.

kimu

A several day warning would be awesome!
And I will hope the hotel reservations don't open either New Year's weekend or the following weekend when a number of us are going to be at ALA.
*crossing fingers*

M

Quote from: kimu on December 27, 2011, 11:22:02 PMA several day warning would be awesome!
And I will hope the hotel reservations don't open either New Year's weekend or the following weekend when a number of us are going to be at ALA.
*crossing fingers*
It's not going to open on New Year's weekend and (as far as I know) not during the weekend of ALA.

We would love nothing more than to not open our registrations during other events, but that happens sometimes.

kimu

Understood you can't avoid all events, but that's also where a few days advance notice of when the hotel reg could first go live helps with that.
I realize Fanime isn't like some other conventions where the hotels are booked up in a 10-mile radius in less than 20 minutes, but any stress in reserving a room that can be relieved is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Zully

As registration is going up today, do we have any updated information on when to expect hotel registration to open?

M

Quote from: Zully on January 06, 2012, 07:25:30 AM
As registration is going up today, do we have any updated information on when to expect hotel registration to open?
No current ETA. We will make announcements prior to the launch of our hotel website.

ruby19_4

How can I register for the clockwork alchemy. I already get the way early registration, but I try to log in and it didnt recognize me. Also being curious. How far is the hotel registration going now?