Shin Megami Tensei/Persona Gathering 2013: The Ultimate at FanimeCon Arena

Started by heeroyuy135, November 09, 2011, 11:45:51 AM

heeroyuy135

I have terrible news everyone!
My finances have been falling apart in the last month or so, so I can't go Fanime this year.
I'm already in talks for other people to step in to coordinate the gathering. I will still be updating the thread, but I won't be there in person.
I'm very sorry this had to happen, but conventions aren't that fun when you're running on broke.

lyell

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on April 16, 2012, 08:31:12 PM
I have terrible news everyone!
My finances have been falling apart in the last month or so, so I can't go Fanime this year.
I'm already in talks for other people to step in to coordinate the gathering. I will still be updating the thread, but I won't be there in person.
I'm very sorry this had to happen, but conventions aren't that fun when you're running on broke.

That sucks. I'll make sure to post pictures here for you then.

On a side note, was it going to be a midnight meeting or still at the original time?

luluko

I would love to bring Margaret to this, but I'm afraid of what the weather will be like. so it's either Margaret or Naoto for me. also, put me down as a maybe, the other two gatherings I want to go to are also during this time slot. :/

aurifera

My friend and I are debating whether to attend as Catherine (me) and Katherine (her), or Minako/FeMC (me) and Elizabeth (her) from P3
We plan on bringing both costumes to the convention either way so it's just a matter of picking, really.

A midnight gathering would be pretty fun and could solve the problem of who to dress as.

We'll try to show up as something :P

heeroyuy135

Heads up: The ones that I contacted about running the gathering in my absence can't make it. Does anyone want to run the gathering?

Kazuma_uzumaki

How does someone run a gathering? I think that might spark up some responses.

heeroyuy135

Well I have another person that helped me run the gathering last year and also ran the Midnight Gathering, but he'll probably still need help. What you would do is corral the gathering together and make sure that all the photos are taken in order in a timely fashion.

MissAmiMizuno

Hi all! 

I will be attending the con on Saturday only, as Chie Satonaka.  I would love to meet up with the group to take pictures!  I hope there will be a time/place for this set up...I could probably help with the gathering, actually...HeeroYuy135  Thanks for setting this up and working so hard to keep it going even though you are unable to attend.  It would have been lovely to meet another Shin Megami Tensei fan!  However, I would love to help out in any way.  Let me know, and I will PM you any information you think you might need to coordinate this.  If you end up not needing help, that's totally fine, just thought I'd offer  ^_^

~ Miss Ami 

Anti-Virus

I'll be attending as Minato, and with me I'll have a Junpei, Shinjiro, and Akihiko.

DarkenedWings

The guy you're referring to isn't the same guy that got the Midnight Gathering disbanded last year by bringing a megaphone, is it?  ;;;

I'd be willing to run a gathering as well as a midnight one too if people were interested.  I've run a few Ace Attorney gatherings in my time so I know how it goes.

G-Force

I didn't plan on cosplaying Persona during the daytime gathering but I heard you guys needed help in light of the organizer's absence (in fact he approached me during Daicon asking for help). Originally I passed because I thought it wouldn't be kosher to have a non Persona cosplayer run the Persona gathering but I had a few people ask to help out so if you don't mind I can help out again this year for both gatherings.

wings_of_an_angel

Quote from: DarkenedWings on May 09, 2012, 02:44:46 AM
The guy you're referring to isn't the same guy that got the Midnight Gathering disbanded last year by bringing a megaphone, is it?  ;;;

I'd be willing to run a gathering as well as a midnight one too if people were interested.  I've run a few Ace Attorney gatherings in my time so I know how it goes.

PLEASEEE run a midnight gathering! last year's midnight gathering was so much fun :O

DarkenedWings

Well, we've got two days to decide since that's when the gathering signups close.  Are people generally in favor of a Midnight Gathering?  I think G-Force told me he'd be able to show up for one but if not I'd be willing to run it myself for sure.  I'm assuming everyone wants it to be the same day, so how's Sunday at Midnight (aka Saturday at 11:59 pm) sound?

lyell

Quote from: DarkenedWings on May 15, 2012, 02:00:35 PM
Well, we've got two days to decide since that's when the gathering signups close.  Are people generally in favor of a Midnight Gathering?  I think G-Force told me he'd be able to show up for one but if not I'd be willing to run it myself for sure.  I'm assuming everyone wants it to be the same day, so how's Sunday at Midnight (aka Saturday at 11:59 pm) sound?

Me gusta. I vote for midnight.

Rebeccakh

Quote from: DarkenedWings on May 15, 2012, 02:00:35 PM
I vote for midnight too!

BSaphire

You can have both so that those peeps who can only be there during the day can attend that one.

Just thought I'd throw that out there... I'm a midnight person myself :) but thinking of those that come for the day, first time, etc.

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

DarkenedWings

Okay, I coordinated with B and since there's not that much time left to make any changes to gatherings, I was asked to take over as the gathering head for both gatherings.  No one's contacted her about otherwise, apparently?  If G shows up I'll have him help me out, since he's run more SMT gatherings than I have, haha.

Just to re-confirm, we have two gathering times:

Day: Saturday
Time: 2 pm
MP&L: 1FCC LA = 1st Floor Convention Center (Lobby Area by center pillar just inside the entrance)

Time: 11:59 pm (Sunday @ Midnight)
MP&L: 1FCC LA (same area as the 2 pm gathering)

I'm probably going to keep it at Heero's original photo order just for the sake of organization.

lyell

Quote from: DarkenedWings on May 16, 2012, 02:28:57 PM
Okay, I coordinated with B and since there's not that much time left to make any changes to gatherings, I was asked to take over as the gathering head for both gatherings.  No one's contacted her about otherwise, apparently?  If G shows up I'll have him help me out, since he's run more SMT gatherings than I have, haha.

Just to re-confirm, we have two gathering times:

Time: 2 pm
MP&L: 1FCC LA = 1st Floor Convention Center (Lobby Area by center pillar just inside the entrance)

Time: 11:59 pm (Sunday @ Midnight)
MP&L: 1FCC LA (same area as the 2 pm gathering)

I'm probably going to keep it at Heero's original photo order just for the sake of organization.

Sounds good, for me and my group anyways. Works out for just about everybody in the end. Good work with a last minute taking over.

heeroyuy135

Hey, I'd like to apologize for flaking out and not putting in the paperwork. I've been busy with finals and all, and I do really feel bad that this combined with the fact that I'm not showing up at all because of my situation has thrown everyone into disarray and that it all comes back to me.

Thank you for picking up for me, and I will continue to update the thread as we get closer.

DarkenedWings

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 16, 2012, 11:21:21 PM
Hey, I'd like to apologize for flaking out and not putting in the paperwork. I've been busy with finals and all, and I do really feel bad that this combined with the fact that I'm not showing up at all because of my situation has thrown everyone into disarray and that it all comes back to me.

Thank you for picking up for me, and I will continue to update the thread as we get closer.

Haha, I'm sorry I kind of came in and took over.  It's all worked out, though, so we're good.  Thanks for keeping the thread updated, your dedication is appreciated for sure!