Shin Megami Tensei/Persona Gathering 2013: The Ultimate at FanimeCon Arena

Started by heeroyuy135, November 09, 2011, 11:45:51 AM

heeroyuy135

G-Force

I'll be able to help out on both days but on the afternoon gathering I won't be in Persona gear, midnight I can switch out depending on my scheduled.

Ki Oui

Okay. So I'll definitely be Daichi (Devil Survivor 2) for the meetup.

superspecks

Heya! I was one of Heero's contacts earlier who couldn't make it to the event. I'd like to clarify that I had declined the offer to run the gathering because I am actually really really nervous about doing that in general, but I wouldn't mind helping out. As long as I don't have to be in charge or anything. Heh.

I also happen to be tech-stupid and had a really hard time locating this thread. I apologize for the inconvenience. ^^; I'll be attending as the female protagonist from P3P (I usually call her Minako, but most people seem to prefer Hamuko...?) and I'll be with my girlfriend Jackie who will be Shinjiro Aragaki.

P.S. I was reading some comments about someone with a megaphone last year... I can't believe someone would do that! Talk about inconsiderate... :/ Here's to a better event that doesn't get us in any trouble! *thumb's up*

RyuSan777

Hey good to see everyone on here again! Looking foward to seeing all your friendly faces again as my Minato from last year has leveled up and is more accurate so count me in too!
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

heeroyuy135

Updated everything up this point and added the time & location for the Midnight Hour Gathering

Ashysaurous

I'll probably be able to make it as Naoto (School Uniform). My friend that's driving me there is gonna keep an eye on me, so I can't really promise anything! 8(

G-Force

Whoooo we've got another gathering down and the attendance has swelled in both cosplayers and photographers/viewers. I can't comment on the afternoon gathering as I was late and DarkenedWings had full control of the event so I backed out as not to complicate things however the Midnight Gathering I was there from beginning to end. From what I saw, we had a very lively group filled with tons of photos and super cooperative cosplayers where the energy reached such high levels that I had to collapse on the floor when things were done (that's a good sign as I was smiling  ;D)

Gotta thank HeeroYuy135 for keeping this thread updated, DarkenedWings for helping me run the midnight gathering on account my voice was shot and to everyone who stayed. My biggest regret was not involving the Cathrine side characters more so if you are reading this then I'm soooo sorry. While Cathrine is a bit harder to include in pictures as opposed to Persona 2 or Devil Summoner, it's not really an excuse to just give the series a cold shoulder. I was beating my head against the wall to try to get the cast more involved with the rest of the characters. Any ideas with this issue would be most welcomed cause I really want to do my best in getting everyone involved.

With that said, in comparison to other gatherings in the past, our numbers have grown enough where I really noticed the benefit of having help from the cosplayers a second organizer and the crowd for both ideas for photos and keeping track who's been photographed and who hasn't so that really helped moved things along.

Unrelated note, my streak of losing my voice after running Persona gatherings continues.  :P

heeroyuy135

Thank you both G-Force and DarkenedWings for taking over his gathering for me! It looks like everything went well, and I hope to see pictures!
As for next year, I hope this doesn't happen again so we'll keep this thread for 2013!

DarkenedWings

Hey everyone!

I want to sincerely thank all the gorgeous cosplayers who showed up to the gatherings!  You all looked amazing and I'm so glad we had such a great turnout for both meetups this year.  I'm sad that I didn't really get much in the way of photos since I was too busy running the ship, but I'm sure some will show up soon.  Hopefully the gatherings were run to your liking, I would very much appreciate feedback on how things went.  I did my best to try and include everyone equally, but like G mentioned above, it can be difficult with so many different series and characters together.  Regardless, I'm so happy for how much representation we had and I hope everyone had fun!

Please share your photos once you have them uploaded and processed!  I'm excited to see them.  Thank you all so much again, and those of you who will be at AX, I'll see you there!

lyell

Quote from: G-Force on May 28, 2012, 06:31:57 PM
Whoooo we've got another gathering down and the attendance has swelled in both cosplayers and photographers/viewers. I can't comment on the afternoon gathering as I was late and DarkenedWings had full control of the event so I backed out as not to complicate things however the Midnight Gathering I was there from beginning to end. From what I saw, we had a very lively group filled with tons of photos and super cooperative cosplayers where the energy reached such high levels that I had to collapse on the floor when things were done (that's a good sign as I was smiling  ;D)

Gotta thank HeeroYuy135 for keeping this thread updated, DarkenedWings for helping me run the midnight gathering on account my voice was shot and to everyone who stayed. My biggest regret was not involving the Cathrine side characters more so if you are reading this then I'm soooo sorry. While Cathrine is a bit harder to include in pictures as opposed to Persona 2 or Devil Summoner, it's not really an excuse to just give the series a cold shoulder. I was beating my head against the wall to try to get the cast more involved with the rest of the characters. Any ideas with this issue would be most welcomed cause I really want to do my best in getting everyone involved.

With that said, in comparison to other gatherings in the past, our numbers have grown enough where I really noticed the benefit of having help from the cosplayers a second organizer and the crowd for both ideas for photos and keeping track who's been photographed and who hasn't so that really helped moved things along.

Unrelated note, my streak of losing my voice after running Persona gatherings continues.  :P

Orlando and I had noticed how much you tried to get us in photos and greatly appreciated it. Also we understand that it was hard to get us into more shots, though I admit I grumbled a little bit about it, but it happens and it was still a cool meeting. I'll have some pictures uploaded and I'll post a link to them when I can.

Rebeccakh

. o . buaaaa! this gathering was so fun! we're definitely coming next year (making my bf come as the demi fiend nehehe >:3 ) cant wait to see pictures if anyone has any < w >

yukiko_no_niwa

My friend Lady-Saru and I have made plans on cosplaying Theodore and Elizabeth, but we don't know for certain yet if we'll be doing it for 2013 or for the year after. It depends on whether we can get the needed funds for fabric before the con (we'll both be attending collage during that time).
Past:
CC [Code Geass]
Lightning (B&W Ball) [FF XIII]
2012:
Sice [FF Type-0]

somegirlkatie

I'll be there as Catherine next year ;D Hopefully if this doesn't clash with other gatherings!

Nina Star 9

Are other Atlus games welcome?

I would have totally worn my Radiant Historia cosplay to this if I would have known! (I'm always willing to crash a gathering... ::) ) Maybe someone would be recognized it, haha.

Anyway, next year, my Eruca (Radiant Historia) cosplay will be making a return, and I'm hoping to have Trisha (Catherine), but the con is so far in the future, who knows if I'll be able to make this gathering and what I would wear to it.

heeroyuy135

Even though our name suggests Shin Megami Tensei & Persona, Atlus titles are definitely welcomed at this gathering!

wings_of_an_angel

gyahh due to complications this year i couldnt make it as Marie from the golden :'( hopefully i can do it for next year

Dagger-6

A FB page has been put up in order to help facilitate organizations, gathering, share tips, and just general hanging out with the SMT/Persona cosplay community in California.  You can check it out here!

http://www.facebook.com/SMTCACosplay

Oh yes, I also got bored and put together a video of some friends who came out for the launch of P4U

http://youtu.be/jaTMrG1M190

Redstarship

I hate semi-necro bumping threads, but I'm in a forum-posting mood.

So I just recently moved to San Francisco, and I'm hoping to go to Fanime next year! If so, then I'm definitely bringing my sheep costume! :)
(woo Catherine cosplay!)

Now I just hope I can find an handler to be with me while I'm in the costume...because I can't see shit in it (all for the sake of accuracy haha). T-T