Scott Pilgrim vs. Fanime 2012

Started by carladawn, November 10, 2011, 11:15:34 AM

carladawn

Hey everyone!! I had soooo much fun at the Scott Pilgrim gathering this year and would love to have it happen again at Fanime 2012. :D
I was one of the three Roxy's this year and I got so many great pictures of everyone from the gathering. I loved meeting all of you and being able to nerd out about the Scott Pilgrim world!
Anyway, I liked that it was on Monday, even though check out time was at the same time. Maybe we can make it after check out time if you'll all still be around? Check out was at 12pm (when the gathering started), so how would 1 pm sound?

(tentative)
Day: Monday
Time: 1 pm
MP: FiF MS
L: FiF MS

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Characters:

The Main Characters:

Scott Pilgrim:
kennyreaver
Ramona Flowers:
Jiselle, MaraKurohi
Kim Pine:
Keitoghostie (tentative)
Stephen Stills:
Wallace Wells:
Knives Chau:

Evil Exes:

Matthew Patel:
shy-cosplayer (+friends as all other characters), explosive_artist, demetria656
Lucas Lee:
Dave
Todd Ingram:
Dan, antstep
Roxy Richter:
carladawn
Kyle Katayanagi:
Ken Katayanagi:
Vietboy (tentative)
Gideon Graves:
Jacktchance (tentative)

Everyone Else:

Envy Adams:
Jordan
Lynette Guycott:
Young Neil:
Nega Scott:
Stacey Pilgrim:
Julie Powers:
Lisa Miller:
Tina (tentative)
Knive's dad:
Crash and the Boys...? :D

Picture order:
-All
-Individual characters (All Scott's, all Ramona's, All Kim's, etc.)
-Band pictures
-Evil Ex's
-Battle (versus) shots
-Couples
-All
-Requests

keitoghostie

This is really tentative, but I might be cosplaying Kim Pine??

I'm not super sure though, sorry!

BSaphire

I was updating the url list and when I looked at your first post I noticed it was missing the Fanime Photo disclaimer. If you add that and post in the url thread I will add Scott v Fanime onto the list.

Thanks
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

MaraKurohi

omg Monday AGAIN?! I'll have to be play my cards right with the hotel leader... *shifty eyes* And get my stuff packed by the night before asap. I'm going to be hella lazy probably. But I wouldn't want to miss this!

I was one of the Ramonas last year. I was the special red one<3 The azn one, lol. Let's say I'm a Ramona + Knives mix? Why not the best of both worlds? Just more excessive with Ramona because I don't like Knives as a character (until the last book, that is).

I'm currently taking some dance classes for balance. And I also have learned to rollerblade a bit.
If I get better at rollerblading, I'm considering learning how to Hip Hop and breakdance to try being a JSRF character one day in the future.
I also recently dyed my own hair blue-green. I just hope if I get a job soon that they won't demand me to dye it back, how boring! lol

Anyways, for now, count me in as Ramona again! (I just hope I get eye contacts by then though! ><)
Cosplay:
Ramona Flowers
I do skate. Usually every Sun@GGP in SF<3
I'm still learning.
So sad though. No rollerblades indoors at the con</3
W/Skates ON:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/540398_3656188850591_1450681984_3056903_1283828432_n.jpg

shy-cosplayer

Hi, I'll be there as Matthew Patel, and I'll have a group of every character with me :)

carladawn

It's great to see some people wanting to join, and it's great to have you back, Ramona!! And thanks for the update, BSapphire.

jacktchance

I'm thinking about going as Gideon Graves.

vietboy

If I can get my clothes ready by then, I'll be Ken Katayanagi.
They are not Fallen Angels, they are Fabled..

carladawn

explosive_artist

Matthew Patel - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life/Vs The World

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

MaraKurohi

@ shy-cosplayer: so lucky, I wanted my friends to come do this with me too but they weren't interested. I know these two guys who would've been almost PERFECT to play the Katanagi twins! So mad at them right now. So mad! And a guy to play Patel but he's not so interested in cons anymore. So mad, so sad.

BTW-IMPORTANT:
Does anyone know whether or not Rollerblades are BANNED?! Like entirely?! Like, I doubt I'd go CRAZY in them and all (besides, I'm far from going aggressive inline at this stage, lol) From my understanding, everything is fine as long as (1) it's not a real weapon and (2) you won't be rude and break conduct and stuff like this. Anyone have any info on this? Official news/info understanding?
Because without bringing my blades just DOES NOT feel right!
Cosplay:
Ramona Flowers
I'm still learning.
W/Skates ON:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/540398_3656188850591_1450681984_3056903_1283828432_n.jpg

carladawn

I'm not sure about rollerblades... seems like they wouldn't let you in the halls, but outside the building should be fine. I'm not sure though.

demetria656

Joining the bandwagon of Matt Patel's~
Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

carladawn

Good to have you! Seriously though, why is it that every Sac Anime gathering we NEVER HAVE ANY PATEL'S?? But once we go to Fanime, there are like 5 billion of them??? :p

demetria656

Quote from: carladawn on February 28, 2012, 08:34:35 PM
Good to have you! Seriously though, why is it that every Sac Anime gathering we NEVER HAVE ANY PATEL'S?? But once we go to Fanime, there are like 5 billion of them??? :p
Well for next sac I'll be sure to be Patel! I was running really busy with assassins creed stuff at that con, so I had no time to cosplay anything else.  I need to trim my hair for Patel this coming con. Lol
Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

MaraKurohi

Sweet, a Patel<3 The first sweet Love? =P

And I just read: NO ROLLERBLADES ALLOWED INDOORS. On the Main Site under the Code of Conduct.
http://www.fanime.com/code-of-conduct/2012-code-of-conduct/
So. Very. Sad. Sigh.

But I guess, the brighter side of things: I can at least practice my exercises and whatnot outside, hopefully. HOPEFULLY. Dodging crowds and fun tricks, if I can learn them in time, hahaha.
Cosplay:
Ramona Flowers
I'm still learning.
W/Skates ON:

kennyreaver

Antstep

You can put me down as most likely Todd again. I was there last year. The short kid.

Wrenn

Well you already got me down Carla. ;) Looking forward to being Ramona with you again back in Cali.

MaraKurohi

Oh, and I hope my bf can play Scott again this year!<3
I think his username is lonelykangta or osakachan (one of them has gotta be right! lol)

Almost done with the cosplay. (as you can see for yourself). I'm not going to do the hammer. Too much effort and time I don't have. Getting a couple of people to help me with the bag and shirt creation. Then I'm practically done! Just gotta dye my own hair the week before Fanime.

btw, to my knowledge: skating is fine immediately OUTSIDE the con, just not inside, right?
Cosplay:
Ramona Flowers
I'm still learning.
W/Skates ON: