Con Horror Stories plus a LGBTQA Panel!

Started by Tsubasakissu, November 16, 2011, 02:42:14 AM

Tsubasakissu

So, I was thinking of doing a Convention Horror Stories panel And/or a LGBTQA (Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trangender, Queer/questioning, and Allies(straight supporter)) Anime Fans Unite! panel.  (as well as the Zombie panel)

Convention Horror Stories panel:
Basically, itd be a panel about either humorous or terrible con horror stories/accidents. This seems to be a popular panel that exists at other cons, so why not do one at Fanime? It'd be an hour long panel, ideally. Also, do you forumers feel that we should expand the subject matter of the panel? If so, what should it include? Do you think Fanime Con could use a "Convention Horror Stories" panel?

LGBTQA (Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trangender, Queer/questioning, and Allies(straight supporter)) Anime Fans Unite! panel:
This, more then anything, would be a place for the queer anime fan/cosplay community (and their allies!) to gather in a moderated, open-panel environment. Itd be a place where fellow otaku (using the term loosely!) can gather and share stories, support one another, connect, and help one another feel better about who they are, regardless of their gender identity or sexual preference. Also, at the beginning of the panel, I, and fellow panelists, would kick the panel off with dispelling rumors about the different parts of the LGBTQ community and doing a "dictionary" section where we cover many different terms that are common in the LGBTQA community (like bisexual, lesbian, pansexual, omnisexual, gay, gender identity, etc) so that people could get a better grasp of things they did not know about before. Do you think this panel could be beneficial? Any suggestions for this panel? Do you see any potential negatives?

So, with that, I'd like some thought and/or feedback regarding my panel ideas. ^^

Olivine

I'd definitely attend the LGBTQA Anime Fans Unite panel!
Dead by Daylight gathering organizer

Robot_Beat

I think the LGBTQA sounds like a fantastic idea! I've never heard of a panel like that at a con.

renalcul

Haha horror stories are hillarious.

They always end with assaults and people being scarred for life.

heeroyuy135

This one I went to a Convention Horror Stories panel, it ended up with poop jokes.

Tsubasakissu

Luckily, I find toilet humour appalling xD

Tsubasakissu

Quote from: Olivine on November 17, 2011, 07:57:40 AM
I'd definitely attend the LGBTQA Anime Fans Unite panel!
Oh, sweet c:
I may do on then <3

Tsubasakissu

Quote from: Robot_Beat on November 17, 2011, 06:49:38 PM
I think the LGBTQA sounds like a fantastic idea! I've never heard of a panel like that at a con.
There was a gathering for LGBTQA people at ALA, and I thought a panel would be nice c:

Tsubasakissu

Quote from: renalcul on November 18, 2011, 02:26:09 AM
Haha horror stories are hillarious.

They always end with assaults and people being scarred for life.
Fffff Ive heard some horrible ones xD

xxToki

I completely third the LGBTQA Panel. C: It sounds like a wonderful panel to hangout and meet others.
*Fanime'14 Plans ;;
Christa Renz from Attack on Titan
Haru (ballgown) from The Cat Returns
Junko Enoshima from Dangan Ronpa
Kou Matsouka (fanmade ED outfit) from Free!

Ciello

All I know is myself and my con crew have more then enough stories of humor and terror regarding convention experiences and this is only our second year attending cons! I think it would be fun for everyone to have an open mic where panelists can share stories and maybe the audience could also come up and share a story if they like.
  We would want that to be somewhat reviewed though to make sure their story is not only relevant but possibly not hurtful since there can be countless stories of people wondering if someone is a boy a girl underneath their cosplay and also the ambiguity of age in cosplay. For example my roommate a dude being flirted with by a girl whom was a minor and he didn't realize it/felt terror when he found out. Let me know if I can help, I respond more to FB then I will here but I'll try to check here if you need me.
facebook.com/TeamForTheWin
deviantart.com/solesekken
tumblr.com/TeamForTheWin
-Artist-Writer-Leatherworker-

macaulayman