Fanime 2012 housing, Marriott

Started by bentoboxbobby, November 26, 2011, 05:06:40 PM

bentoboxbobby

Hello,

Just a question about Marriott for 2012, did Fanime already have a discounted offer earlier last year?  Tried to reserve on Marriott's website but it said it was booked.

BBB
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: bentoboxbobby on November 26, 2011, 05:06:40 PM
Hello,

Just a question about Marriott for 2012, did Fanime already have a discounted offer earlier last year?  Tried to reserve on Marriott's website but it said it was booked.

BBB
No, don't worry.  Hotel registration likely won't be open until December or January.  Besides, pre-registration hasn't even happened yet.  At any rate, the reason (most likely) why the Marriott says it's booked is because the site is in negotiations about what rates they'll sell us rooms for.  In essence, they won't let people book those rooms because they're being blocked off for us, but they don't know how much they'll be asking for yet.  Make sense?

bentoboxbobby

Yeah, okay, thanks!   :D  Really stressing about it earlier but I can sleep now. :)
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

BahamutGod

So, just to put my two cents in on pricing.

In the last 5-7 years or so I've booked a few month in advance and got a room around $89-$110 a night before taxs and parking.  I waited till the last month or so last year, and the prices were all over $200 dollars.  This was too expensive so I didn't go, even though I really love Fanime.  I thought that was because I had waited till last minute, so I'm trying to get a room early for next year, but so far it seems that for 2012, and 2013 the prices of hotels are over $200 dollars already, or are not available (for reasons you just stated).  I figured you were still in negations, but please know that at least for this long time attendee, if prices of hotel rooms within walking distance (Farimount is about as far as I consider walking distance.) are much over $120 again, I won't be able to attend again this year. 

I really hope I don't get priced out of Fanime!