The Legend of Zelda - 2012

Started by Nemuren, November 27, 2011, 12:32:34 PM

Nemuren

"What will you do now?"

Grab your sword, your shield and your floppiest hat and make the epic journey to FanimeCon 2012's cosplay gathering for The Legend of Zelda. With Skyward Sword in our hands at last, how many new faces will we see? How many old favorites will return? And which obscure characters will get much needed love? The legend continues...

Day: Sunday
Time: 2:30PM
Location: Front Marriott Side of the Convention Center Lobby (up in corner tree area)
Cosplay.com Forum Thread: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=260443

ATTENDING: (list updated 5/24)
Please note in your post which game your character is from.

SKYWARD SWORD
Crimson Loftwing - Beastcub
Fi - EyesInfinity, narutokunobsess, Ruii, TwistedFayt
Ghirahim - draik41895's friend
Groose - Malindachan's husband
Link - Anti-Virus, Mrbutcher90
Link (Skyloft) - Aoi Memori's friend, Malindachan
Zelda - Aoi Memori, javits, Matsuki, Shinku
[Secret] - Sheik Chan

TWILIGHT PRINCESS
Agitha - LKD
Link - link28469
Midna - RabidGlomper
Skull Kid - SoraSkater
Zant - KonoCrisis
Zelda - Princess_Zelda

TOON ZELDA
(The Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks/The Minish Cap/Four Swords)

Fado - -Toki
Ganondorf - Nemuren
King Hyrule - mastershambler
Linebeck - quadhonk
Link - Katsumiyo
Link (Blue) - chickenspice
Link (Minish Cap) - Brutal
Link (Red) - rj_sosongco
Vaati - draik41895, Seifer-sama

OCARINA OF TIME/MAJORA'S MASK
Epona - Beastcub
Great Fairy - Peach93cc
Link - TwilightLarryV1
Link (Young) - StarAssassin
Saria - SariaCrossing
Skull Kid - DigitalDAF
Young Zelda - Melanieb123

CLASSIC/VARIANT/OTHER
[Secret Group] - angeliquealene, vampirechildv-v

PHOTO ORDER:

1. EVERYONE

2. BY GAME
-Skyward Sword
-Twilight Princess
-Toon Zelda
-Ocarina/Majora
-Other

3. BY CHARACTER
-Link
-Zelda/Sheik/Tetra
-Villains
-Good Characters Other Than Link or Zelda

4. EVERYONE (Good vs. Evil)

5. REQUESTS

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Nemuren

Hello, everyone. I was the organizer of Fanime 2011's Zelda gathering and I'll be running it again in 2012. I had a wonderful time hosting and I loved seeing all the different characters who showed up. I was pretty happy with how it went, but if anyone out there has suggestions for what could be done better or new ideas they would like to see happen, please share them.

I'd like to move quickly to set up our location/time, preferably using the same location as the 2011 gathering. As you may have heard, a big section of the front fountain area will be unavailable in 2012 due to ongoing construction. This does not affect the area where we held the 2011 gathering, but it does mean there will be more competition for our spot, so I'd like to nail it down ASAP. Or if anyone has a better spot in mind, let us know.

I made it a point to not schedule the 2011 gathering on the same day as the masquerade, but this ended up putting us in close proximity to the Final Fantasy gathering which some people also wanted to attend. I currently do not know which day either the FF gathering or the masquerade are set to happen. I will try my best to accommodate people's schedules, but I still would like to hold this gathering on one of the weekend days to get more people to attend.

Submissions for time/location open up on January 5th. At least 4 people need to be listed.

Shinku

Hi, I'll definitely be coming as Skyward Sword Zelda! :]
Fanime '15 Lineup:
- Madoka Kaname (PMMM)
- Agitha (Twilight Princess/Hyrule Warriors)
- Nowi (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
- Misty (Pokemon: HGSS)
- Claire (Harvest Moon)

Nemuren

Happy New Year (Bump)!

Hope everyone had a good holiday and is making good progress on their costumes. Or if you're just maintaining an existing one, uh, keep on maintaining! We've added a number of names from the cosplay.com forums, let's see if any more Fanime BB peeps are waiting in the wings.

Nemuren

List updated. Including switching myself from Twilight Princess Ganondorf to my newly finished Wind Waker Ganondorf. :)

Submissions for gathering time/location open up at the end of the month and I'd like to get us scheduled ASAP. Competition for space will be pretty intense this year due to ongoing construction at the convention center. I have a few votes for Sunday as the day the hold the gathering, which is fine by me. If this isn't fine with you, let me hear more of your voices so we can find the best time possible.

Beastcub

My vote is for Saturday at 4pm, the same time and place as 2010 and 2011, I have already been spreading word that this time and place is likely to be the case for 2012.

I will have both the Epona quad (this will be her 3rd year) and my new Crimson Loftwing.

4pm on a Saturday is wonderful timing, Sat has the most attendance with many local/semi-local folks doing Sat only, a decent ammount of people arrive Friday and leave Sunday which makes Saturday their most solid day to enjoy the con, it does not overlap with pre-masquerade functions, and on a more personal note allows myself and my group of nightowls time to get awake and ready.

PS I was just at the con center last weekend, honestly seeing the construction was a bit devastating. I thought only the fenced off building area would be affected, the construction is much larger than that, all the tree areas on that side are gone as is the walkway area against the building.
Also the fountain is now a planter box D:

Ruiichu

Scuse me Scuse me!~ Sorry for the change but i'm confirmed to go as Fi not Impa (last minuete change but i'm stickin with it)~Oh I'm Ruii btw. Sorry for the change x:

Nemuren

List updated.

I realize a number of the names I've added have said they can only attend if the gathering falls on a certain day. For now, I'm just listing everybody.

Submissions are now open for gathering time/location, but first priority goes to gatherings with 60+ attendees, so we have to wait until they're settled. And unfortunately, they still haven't sorted out what day the masquerade will fall on. So you still have time to voice your preference for what day to hold the gathering.

In other news, a thread has opened up for a Nintendo/Super Smash Bros. gathering (currently being planned for Friday), so if you're looking for another chance to wear a Zelda costume or can't make the Zelda gathering, feel free to drop on by. The thread can be found here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16867.0.html

Nemuren

Okay, it's been revealed that Fanime's masquerade will be held on Sunday this year. So I'd like to make the decision soon on which day to hold our gathering. Most votes in the cosplay.com thread have been for Sunday as the preferred day, which I think might work out better due to the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts gatherings planning for Saturday. I remember those two gatherings caused scheduling conflicts for some people last year.

I'm leaning towards Sunday at the moment. But I wanted to see if this news might change anyone's mind (or perhaps prompt those who've remained silent on the sidelines to chime in).

Nemuren

Time and location confirmed.

The Zelda gathering will happen on Sunday at 2:30 PM, in the corner tree area near the Marriott (this is the same location the gathering has been held in the last two years).

Anti-Virus

I'll be cosplaying Skyward Sword Link.

Nemuren

Sure is quiet around here. Maybe that's because we only have four weekends left(!) before Fanime to work on things. Hope everyone's costumes are coming along well. I'm currently working on swords for Wind Waker Ganon.

Aoi Memori

I'll be going as Skyward Sword Zelda dragging along a Skyloft Link ^_^ <3 Will be great to be a part of this again! <3
Fanime 2013 Line-up
FFX Yuna - Friday
Umineko Maria/KH Xion - Saturday
Evangelion Sun dress Asuka- Sunday
KH Xion - Monday

Brutal

I'll try and go as Minish Cap Link.

2012 Cosplays ยป Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

javits

I'm going to try to make it as Skyward Sword Zelda, but I'm not sure I'll have time to change costume because of potential masquerade conflicts...  At the very least I hope I can drop by to snap some pics of you guys, though!

Aoi Memori

The list is looking so great this year, guys! Many characters I haven't seen cosplayed so I cannot wait to see everyone! <3

Also, question to the fellow SS Zeldas: Will there be variations or will there be one good spam of pink dressed Zeldas? XD
Fanime 2013 Line-up
FFX Yuna - Friday
Umineko Maria/KH Xion - Saturday
Evangelion Sun dress Asuka- Sunday
KH Xion - Monday

Anti-Virus

I'll be also cosplaying Steam Punk Navi, but this is on Saturday ><
SO PLEASE "WATCH OUT!"

Shinku

Quote from: Aoi Memori on May 02, 2012, 04:28:06 PM
The list is looking so great this year, guys! Many characters I haven't seen cosplayed so I cannot wait to see everyone! <3

Also, question to the fellow SS Zeldas: Will there be variations or will there be one good spam of pink dressed Zeldas? XD

I thought about making the Goddess version since I knew there would be a buttload of pink dress ones, but the pink outfit is what I already had 8D

It's okay! Pink dress party! Whoooo!
Fanime '15 Lineup:
- Madoka Kaname (PMMM)
- Agitha (Twilight Princess/Hyrule Warriors)
- Nowi (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
- Misty (Pokemon: HGSS)
- Claire (Harvest Moon)

Nemuren

Getting so close now!

I've added the photo order to the original post. If anyone out there has ideas for great shots, be they serious or silly, don't be shy!

Beastcub

well shoot it is on Sunday this year...

I came to announce that my nephew as Link and niece as a Kokiri would be added to the group but they are coming down for Saturday only :C