Fanimaid 2012~

Started by PyronIkari, December 08, 2011, 10:29:19 PM

vanillashakes

Quote from: samichi on January 30, 2012, 02:26:26 AM
hihi :3
Sorry for jumping in here :x
I just kinda have another question about the try outs.
「(^ヘ^; ) え〜と

If we go to the SF try out....do we also need to go to the SJ try out as well?
Because i was reading through all the posts, to see if this question has been asked, so i wouldn't need to ask it.
but since i didn't see it...i was kind of wondering about it.

I'm currently living in Santa Cruz for school at the moment, so the SJ try outs would be easier for me to go to....but depending on my school schedule i might not be able to make it to the first try outs, though i will do my best to make sure i can go to the one in SF.

So my main question is, "Are both of the try out days optional or are they mandatory?" or, "Do we need to make both of them?".
Also, "What happens if we get lost going to the try out/meeting area?" I have a tendency to get lost very easily in new areas that i am not use to. (T^T)

Sorry about this semi-long post
~Sammi

Typically it's mandatory to just attend one of the try-out dates that are listed if you're planning to try out. You are more than welcome to attend others, but we just have them at different dates to make it convenient in case you are unable to attend another date. If you want to attend the try-outs in San Jose, I would suggest doing that if it's much easier for me (I  used to live in Santa Cruz, so I know what you're saying.) Short answer: Going to both is optional.

As far as getting lost goes, it'd probably be best to get there earlier if you think you're going to get lost, but chances are you'll end up seeing other girls heading in a specific direction. Usually we try to make the meet-up area in a pretty reachable and easier place, and being on time is definitely preferred other than being late. If you're uncertain that you'll make it on time, you should let Mikey know  in advance about it. He and Jun probably can answer it a little more in depth too if my answers are too vague.

samichi

Quote from: vanillashakes on January 30, 2012, 02:46:29 AM
Quote from: samichi on January 30, 2012, 02:26:26 AM
-snip-
~Sammi

Typically it's mandatory to just attend one of the try-out dates that are listed if you're planning to try out. You are more than welcome to attend others, but we just have them at different dates to make it convenient in case you are unable to attend another date. If you want to attend the try-outs in San Jose, I would suggest doing that if it's much easier for me (I  used to live in Santa Cruz, so I know what you're saying.) Short answer: Going to both is optional.

As far as getting lost goes, it'd probably be best to get there earlier if you think you're going to get lost, but chances are you'll end up seeing other girls heading in a specific direction. Usually we try to make the meet-up area in a pretty reachable and easier place, and being on time is definitely preferred other than being late. If you're uncertain that you'll make it on time, you should let Mikey know  in advance about it. He and Jun probably can answer it a little more in depth too if my answers are too vague.

Vanillashakes,

You have completely answered and cleared away my worries.

Thankies so much<3
~Sammi
ヾ(●⌒∇⌒●)ノ わーい

PyronIkari

It's actually preferable if you do not attend multiple tryouts. When you attend multiple tryouts your name gets listed twice and we have to figuire out if it's two people with the same name or if it's the same person. So one tryout only please ^^.

As for getting lost, I understand this happens sometimes. Before tryouts I generally send out my cellphone number just in case. If you are coming and need some time just text me and I'll note it down and will give you a recap of what you may have missed after the meeting(note showing up late looks bad just like in any tryout or interview). But again, we understand these things may happen. Also keep in mind we are on a schedule, so I may not be able to recap for you if the meeting time goes too long/there are a lot of girls. So please try your very best to be on time.

PyronIkari

TRYOUTS on FEB- 18th. As posted. Tryouts will be taking place on Feb 18th in Japantown.
Our first meeting will be on February 18th, 2012 at promptly 10:00am during AOD. It is very important that you show up on time, as we will not repeat any of the information that we offer during the try-out, and it is asked that you choose to go to only one try-out, as attending more than one will not aid in our decision for new recruits.

It will take place in the court-yard in front of Shabu-sen. Here is the address.

1726 Buchanan St
(between Post St & Sutter St)
San Francisco, CA 94115

As an addendum to this:

IF IT IS RAINING THIS DAY, WE WILL BE MOVING THE TRY OUT LOCATION.

Due to unknown weather conditions I wanted to put a precautionary. If weather seems to deem not happy and it is raining on this day, I won't subject you to sit outside in the rain. If it happens to be raining this day, we will meet up in the main mall area on the first floor. To specify, If you exit Ichiban Kan through the mall entrance, you'll be on the second floor. If you look down you'll see the bridge thing with stairs going to the second floor. Staff will be at the benches in that area.

::::REMINDER THIS IS ONLY IF IT IS RAINING. IF IT IS NOT RAINING, WE WILL STILL MEET OUTSIDE OF SHABUSEN:::::

I hope it doesn't rain.

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 12, 2012, 04:59:55 PM
TRYOUTS on FEB- 18th. As posted. Tryouts will be taking place on Feb 18th in Japantown.
Our first meeting will be on February 18th, 2012 at promptly 10:00am during AOD. It is very important that you show up on time, as we will not repeat any of the information that we offer during the try-out, and it is asked that you choose to go to only one try-out, as attending more than one will not aid in our decision for new recruits.

It will take place in the court-yard in front of Shabu-sen. Here is the address.

1726 Buchanan St
(between Post St & Sutter St)
San Francisco, CA 94115

As an addendum to this:

IF IT IS RAINING THIS DAY, WE WILL BE MOVING THE TRY OUT LOCATION.

Due to unknown weather conditions I wanted to put a precautionary. If weather seems to deem not happy and it is raining on this day, I won't subject you to sit outside in the rain. If it happens to be raining this day, we will meet up in the main mall area on the first floor. To specify, If you exit Ichiban Kan through the mall entrance, you'll be on the second floor. If you look down you'll see the bridge thing with stairs going to the second floor. Staff will be at the benches in that area.

::::REMINDER THIS IS ONLY IF IT IS RAINING. IF IT IS NOT RAINING, WE WILL STILL MEET OUTSIDE OF SHABUSEN:::::

I hope it doesn't rain.

Could we have a phone number just in case?
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

vanillashakes

So far the weather reports indicate promising weather and no rain! I hope you girls are getting ready for AOD! I'll see you there!

PyronIkari

Quote from: vanillashakes on February 15, 2012, 01:10:32 PM
So far the weather reports indicate promising weather and no rain! I hope you girls are getting ready for AOD! I'll see you there!
Yeah I've been checking everyday for the past week. There was a 40% chance on the day I posted this but it went to 0 since then. It'll be chilly though so don't forget jackets.

TiffanyF

Can't wait to see you guys! Its going to be a fun tryout, especially with the amount of girls we are expecting.

Kpmonkeygirl

Could we all give each other our numbers? So that we could help each other get there? I am afraid that I am quite nervous! I fear that someone, or I myself might get lost. :-[

Message me for my number.

Please text, don't call.

M

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on February 17, 2012, 12:20:58 AM
Could we all give each other our numbers? So that we could help each other get there? I am afraid that I am quite nervous! I fear that someone, or I myself might get lost. :-[

My number is <Removed by MPLe>
Please text, don't call.
Please remember that our forums are public so please do not post personal information.

In this case, it's probably best to arrange something with Pyron (via PM).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

TheMaKaKi

Good luck to everyone tomorrow :D Can't wait to see Fanimaid Again this year!!!

See you all in March in SJ hopefully :3
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: MPLe on February 17, 2012, 01:44:32 AM
Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on February 17, 2012, 12:20:58 AM

My number is <Removed by MPLe>
Please text, don't call.
Please remember that our forums are public so please do not post personal information.

In this case, it's probably best to arrange something with Pyron (via PM).

Ah! Okay! ^.^

Fapel

Tryouts were really fun yesterday! (: I was pretty nervous when tryouts started, but everyone was really nice. C: It was super cute seeing everyone help each other pronounce, "Okaerinasaimase Goshujinsama!" and "Itterasshaimase!" haha. It really shows how friendly everyone trying out is. ; v; Good luck to everyone that goes to the San Jose tryouts! (:

Kpmonkeygirl

It was very fun! I had a good time! I am glad I went!

Lolitamiumiu

Will you be holding another audition day? Or is it too late?  :-\

Chihiro

There will be another try-out in March but the date is to be announced
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

TiffanyF

Thanks for everyone for coming to tryouts on the 18th! It was fun seeing you guys and a shame that I didn't get to interview anyone since Ami and I had to leave to do our panel stuff... Nonetheless, hope it was a fun experience! I also hope to see a bunch more girls at the next tryout meeting!

vanillashakes

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on February 20, 2012, 12:25:29 AM
There will be another try-out in March but the date is to be announced

I think as of now there will be another tryout meeting on March 10th. Mikey and/or Jun will confirm this soon though.

vanillashakes

I also would like to thank all the girls who came to tryout this past weekend and participated! It was great meeting you all and I really appreciate you all cooperating with the inconveniences we had such as relocating our interviews. I hope you all had fun for the rest of your weekend and I wish you all the best of luck!

chifunii

I didn't audition, but I visited with Sakana and waited for a few friends to finish their auditions. There are so many ladies interested this year--can't wait to see everyone at-con in May :)) Will definitely check out Fanimaid cafe this year too~
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-