Fanimaid 2012~

Started by PyronIkari, December 08, 2011, 10:29:19 PM

PyronIkari

I believe the next try out is march 10th in san jose but that's not an official statement. One will come soon.

Indeed it was nice to meet everyone >> and I'm sorry we were forced to bring you all back to my room. I hope you had fun at the meeting and tryouts though.

Now more work organizing and going through your interview sheets.

Lolitamiumiu

Yay!! I really hope there is  :)

Btw, I read in somewhere that if we do get selected to be a maid then our badges get reimbursed...may you please clarify? Does that mean that we will get a "free" badge?

PyronIkari

Quote from: Lolitamiumiu on February 21, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

Btw, I read in somewhere that if we do get selected to be a maid then our badges get reimbursed...may you please clarify? Does that mean that we will get a "free" badge?
You don't get a free badge for being selected. To get reimbursed for a badge you have to sign up as a volunteer and complete I believe 20 hours over the course of the convention. Unless you work every single minute the cafe is open, you won't qualify. What you can do is volunteer at the cafe, and volunteer other departments over the course of the convention to qualify for a reimbursement.

Kpmonkeygirl

You could also work with a panel. I may be mistaken, but if the panel is 3 hours total, then it gets fully reimbursed. But 1 or 2 is only a certain percentage.
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Lolitamiumiu

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 21, 2012, 11:23:59 PM

You don't get a free badge for being selected. To get reimbursed for a badge you have to sign up as a volunteer and complete I believe 20 hours over the course of the convention. Unless you work every single minute the cafe is open, you won't qualify. What you can do is volunteer at the cafe, and volunteer other departments over the course of the convention to qualify for a reimbursement.

Ah ok, I'm just wondering because I'm planning on volunteering at the cafe for at least half the time they are open. So that means that I would need to purchase the ticket first right?

Lolitamiumiu

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on February 21, 2012, 11:39:11 PM

You could also work with a panel. I may be mistaken, but if the panel is 3 hours total, then it gets fully reimbursed. But 1 or 2 is only a certain percentage.

I see, thanks a bunch! ^u^

Chihiro

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but will the reimbursements be in cash, considered by a set price of $x per hour? Because full weekend prices will flux so would I be right to assume that Fanimaid staff has a set price of $ per hour?
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

chifunii

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on February 22, 2012, 11:36:40 PM
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but will the reimbursements be in cash, considered by a set price of $x per hour? Because full weekend prices will flux so would I be right to assume that Fanimaid staff has a set price of $ per hour?

It's all or nothing--You work all the required hours (20?) and you get back what you paid originally. If you don't make the required hours, you don't get anything--other than the feeling of a job well done. :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

TiffanyF

You will not get any partial reimbursements for your badge. You will need to work the full required time which you would have to volunteer somewhere else as well (no matter how much you work at Fanimaid Cafe, it is impossible to get all the hours from there) to get your badge fully reimbursed.

Chihiro

Okay, I understand now. Thanks! I guess the only thing left to do is figure out where else one can volunteer and how to do it :x

PyronIkari

Small correction after math. You can qualify for a badge just working the cafe, but it's not exactly easy. You have to work from setup to clean up both days (with only breaks you can't take a lunch or anything like that) as well as do the after work(post clean up) Sunday night. It's doable but incredibly hard. You'll be putting in as much time as staff does basically on those two days.

PyronIkari

In case people don't realize I changed the front page... COPYPA~

So the 2nd (and last tryout unless something miraculous happens) are
going to be Saturday March 10th at the San Jose Convention at 10am. If
you don't know where this is, you better find out fast, because this
is where FanimeCon is being held. But just in case...

150 West San Carlos Street  San Jose, CA 95110
(408) 792-4194

Specifically the meeting will be in the Hilton 2nd floor lobby.
There's a sitting area right up the stairs, turn right, and it'll be
on your left side.

The first tryouts were awesome and incredibly successful. Had
approximately 30 girls show up. I hope that twice as many girls show
up for the second tryouts!

To copy and paste from last try-outs
What to expect:
The try-outs are roughly like a short course on what a maid cafe is,
what we do at Fanimaid Cafe, and basic training on tasks we expect our
maids to be able to fulfill. Please dress to impress to show off your
personal style, and as it will be at AOD, we are okay with you being
in cosplay during the try-outs if you don't want to change your
clothing. Prepare a pen and a notebook in case you would like to take
notes and answers to any questions you may have.

Please hold any questions regarding hours, uniforms, and what have you
for the try-out, as we usually go over everything you need to know.

Other things to keep in mind.
Please be prompt. This is incredibly super amazingly important.

The meeting/tryouts may last anywhere as long as 4 hours, maybe longer
according to how many girls show up. So once again, please be prompt
and hopefully manage so you'll be able to be there the entire time.

If you attended the first meeting, please do not attend the 2nd
tryout. This confuses me. When I try to organize you, and you apply
twice, I get confused and spend too much time trying to decide if
you're the same girl, or two girls with the same name that look
incredibly similar. I don't like this... I really don't like this. So
I usually stop doing work at that point for a while.

Hope the lot of you show up. This year is going to be an amazing year.
The returning maids are incredibly hype. Staff has been working hard
to get everything ready with lots of new ideas. And a big lot of
awesome girls trying out. This group and a lot of these girls have
become some of the most important people to me. And each year it grows
and only becomes more important. Have fun at the meeting and good
luck.

Sincerely,
Mikey Pham FanimaidCafe Co-Head

Chihiro

How long did tryouts take last time? I think I heard somewhere they lasted until 2-3PM because of all the participants? :x I have an event I need to go to at 1PM in Santa Clara so I'm really hoping I can make it in time. If it's not possible, I'll just have to blow it off and wait for it next year. Maid tryouts >everything else

Kpmonkeygirl

If I were you, I will try my best to be the first one there, so that they would interview you first, so that you could then go where you need to go.

TiffanyF

Usually it shouldn't take too long but due to the amount of girls, it might take longer.

It might be better to tell staff before you sign up for a number for interviews.

vanillashakes

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on March 02, 2012, 05:49:58 PM
How long did tryouts take last time? I think I heard somewhere they lasted until 2-3PM because of all the participants? :x I have an event I need to go to at 1PM in Santa Clara so I'm really hoping I can make it in time. If it's not possible, I'll just have to blow it off and wait for it next year. Maid tryouts >everything else

It was around 12-1pmish that we started last tryouts for interviews. If you need, let any of the staff know beforehand that you need to go early, and they'll give you the sign up sheet first so you can get interviewed sooner

Kamonohashi

I was one of the first people to arrive at the SF tryouts, but was one of the last to be interviewed. :(  I was actually pretty tired at the end, because the interviews did take a long time (not the individual interviews, but the whole process itself including a long wait time), so I don't think I did so well.  I think I was too shy to jump in and ask to be interviewed earlier.  It's probably a good idea to try to get interviewed earlier if you can, while you're still full of energy.  Good luck, minna!

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: Kamonohashi on March 05, 2012, 12:20:37 AM
I was one of the first people to arrive at the SF tryouts, but was one of the last to be interviewed. :(  I was actually pretty tired at the end, because the interviews did take a long time (not the individual interviews, but the whole process itself including a long wait time), so I don't think I did so well.  I think I was too shy to jump in and ask to be interviewed earlier.  It's probably a good idea to try to get interviewed earlier if you can, while you're still full of energy.  Good luck, minna!
Yeah, I know what you mean. And I was nervous, because I had friends waiting for me. >.< I hope we ALL get to be maids!

Kpmonkeygirl

Pardon me, I am sorry if I am a bother, but may I ask a question? When you guys pick people to be part of the maid cafe, for those who you will not have, will you be sending a letter saying something like; "We are sorry we could not pick you..." and so on? Or do you just not notify them?
Please don't feel the need to answer! >.<

Lolitamiumiu

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on March 02, 2012, 08:33:00 PM
If I were you, I will try my best to be the first one there, so that they would interview you first, so that you could then go where you need to go.

There's an interview?! O_O""" do we need to bring a resume?...