HUMAN CHESS! cosplay and not: for 2012 update! read post 1!!!!

Started by jingko, December 17, 2011, 01:05:54 PM

jingko

also the king can only move one spot at a time, but can move in any direction. ><
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

Haunterluvcookies

Yay! I would love to go. Thanks everyone for all the help!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

jingko

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on January 18, 2012, 08:38:53 AM
Yay! I would love to go. Thanks everyone for all the help!

great can't wait to meet ya! oh think of where on the bored you would like to be(white or black and front row or back ^^ ) and let me know!
see me at DA as well. ><

Motoko

Sounding more interesting as I read it. ^_^
I think I'll stop by...I can't guarantee it just yet because I might have something going on, but it looks like the time frame is a time I might be able to do.
(Hoping to perform on stage...*crosses fingers*)
So tentatively I'll stop by to watch and perhaps play as well.

Looking at the time, perhaps people might not be around yet.
People might not be able to make it on Friday noon because of school or work or something.
Same with Saturday when people might be in line waiting for their badges for the weekend.
Just a thought. ^^;

Also just an idea...is there a "taking/capturing" motion for each character/piece?
It would make it pretty interesting...keeping it SAFE of course.

jingko

that is a good point but there are lots of people there on Friday and as Saturday is way to busy with other gathering and Sunday is the masq, Friday is the only day that it would work out. i'll make a modified post tomorrow about the rules, and how to play safely and what pieces are available (thou not filling that in yet-too far out) 
see me at DA as well. ><

Haunterluvcookies

Okay so I am glad that someone else will be making the moves. So, I would love to be a black knight!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

jingko

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on January 20, 2012, 02:21:37 AM
Okay so I am glad that someone else will be making the moves. So, I would love to be a black knight!
all Right-ie! this weekend i'll be making the list and posting it ><
see me at DA as well. ><

Haunterluvcookies

Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Rebeccakh

ooh! I'll try to come to this (friday? saturday would've been good for me since it's the day i'm wearing my big costume but i can wear it for this then change XP) I did this one year and it was pretty fun : D i wanna be a white bishop (or queen ehe) =w= cosplaying helba from .//hack so I shall look the part D;

Mr Lex

Sorry if I misread it, but you needed a second player?

I haven't played chess in years, but if so I'd love to pick it back up if it meant I could tell live-sized pieces to move around!

Shinigami_Lover

You can count me in! I will probably be Sasuke... I have been in 4 different Cosplay chess games... I will let you know if I change character
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

jingko

Quote from: Mr Lex on January 23, 2012, 02:14:18 AM

I haven't played chess in years, but if so I'd love to pick it back up if it meant I could tell live-sized pieces to move around!

you got it!
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on January 23, 2012, 02:59:01 AM
You can count me in! I will probably be Sasuke... I have been in 4 different Cosplay chess games... I will let you know if I change character
i put ya as black side bishop, thou i'm tempted to out sasuke as king ><
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

look at post 2 and 3 for update ^^ please 
see me at DA as well. ><

Shinigami_Lover

Sasuke would like that but put me where ya want
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

Mr Lex

Quote from: jingko on January 24, 2012, 01:18:19 PM

you got it!

Awesome! I also have a friend who wants to be a piece, he's 6'6" so he was wondering if he could be the King.

Mr Lex

Quote from: jingko on December 19, 2011, 01:04:59 PM
HOW TO PLAY 101 or 102 which ever you want it to be ^^
Queen: in any direction but the "L" shape that the knight makes
Bishop: up to 5 in a diagonal  -only on the color that they start one if they start on white they can't move to black etc
Rook: up to 4 spaces in 1 direction. no diagonal only straight.
pawns: first move can be 2 spaces, only 1 after that. and can only move in 1 space diagonal if "attacking" but no going back wards.

Just had a couple questions with the rules you wanted to play by. When I used to play I used the World Chess Federation rules where rooks and bishops can move an infinite amount of spaces, but if you're going to limit their movement I wanted to just know three things, to make sure I'm not mistaken on the rules you want to use. I don't want to seem like a cheater when I make a move that's illegal in the ruleset you use.

1)Can Queens move as far as they want in each direction?
2)Are you going to allow castling?
3)Are you going to allow en passant?

I figured I should explain en passant since a lot of people haven't heard of this move (I actually forgot about it until I read about it right now while doing a refresher on chess moves). When a pawn moves two spaces forward, then the opposing pawn can capture it as if it moved only one space. This prevents a pawn from avoiding an enemy pawn by moving to their side with the two space movement. En passant can only be done right when it becomes available, otherwise you lose your right to it.

So in short:
1)If a pawn moves two spaces then it will be vulnerable to an en passant by opposing pawns
2)If an en passant is not immediately done, it can no longer be done

jingko

Quote from: Mr Lex on January 24, 2012, 05:04:03 PM
Quote from: jingko on January 24, 2012, 01:18:19 PM

you got it!

Awesome! I also have a friend who wants to be a piece, he's 6'6" so he was wondering if he could be the King.

what side?^^
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Quote from: Mr Lex on January 24, 2012, 05:21:09 PM
Quote from: jingko on December 19, 2011, 01:04:59 PM
HOW TO PLAY 101 or 102 which ever you want it to be ^^
Queen: in any direction but the "L" shape that the knight makes
Bishop: up to 5 in a diagonal  -only on the color that they start one if they start on white they can't move to black etc
Rook: up to 4 spaces in 1 direction. no diagonal only straight.
pawns: first move can be 2 spaces, only 1 after that. and can only move in 1 space diagonal if "attacking" but no going back wards.

Just had a couple questions with the rules you wanted to play by. When I used to play I used the World Chess Federation rules where rooks and bishops can move an infinite amount of spaces, but if you're going to limit their movement I wanted to just know three things, to make sure I'm not mistaken on the rules you want to use. I don't want to seem like a cheater when I make a move that's illegal in the ruleset you use.

1)Can Queens move as far as they want in each direction?
2)Are you going to allow castling?
3)Are you going to allow en passant?

I figured I should explain en passant since a lot of people haven't heard of this move (I actually forgot about it until I read about it right now while doing a refresher on chess moves). When a pawn moves two spaces forward, then the opposing pawn can capture it as if it moved only one space. This prevents a pawn from avoiding an enemy pawn by moving to their side with the two space movement. En passant can only be done right when it becomes available, otherwise you lose your right to it.

So in short:
1)If a pawn moves two spaces then it will be vulnerable to an en passant by opposing pawns
2)If an en passant is not immediately done, it can no longer be done

i limit the moves just so there's more to move around if that makes sense. and i would like castling but i have to refresh on the rules on that. and En Passant.......not really. very informal ^^ (bedsides if i start losing i might cheat >< ) were you at the game last year? there was someone there that was the Sacramento jr champ of chess, and he helped out a lot during a game ^^  if you want pick a game and we'll use that as base and go around it. ^^
see me at DA as well. ><

Mr Lex

Quote from: jingko on January 25, 2012, 01:45:06 PM
what side?^^

Um, he didn't say, though I think it'd be funny if he was white seeing as he looks completely white. Just don't tell him I said that :P

Quote from: jingko on January 25, 2012, 01:52:41 PM
i limit the moves just so there's more to move around if that makes sense. and i would like castling but i have to refresh on the rules on that. and En Passant.......not really. very informal ^^ (bedsides if i start losing i might cheat >< ) were you at the game last year? there was someone there that was the Sacramento jr champ of chess, and he helped out a lot during a game ^^  if you want pick a game and we'll use that as base and go around it. ^^

I don't have any real preferences to the rules, you're the one hosting this, trust me, I'm pretty informal with chess too! This is actually the first Fanime I'm attending, and I haven't played chess in a very long time, I just wanted to make sure I understand all your rules so the game won't be ruined. I think I know what you mean by limiting the moves, it'd be boring if people relied on bishops and rooks too much and everybody else didn't get to move around and got nice leg cramps, lol.