HUMAN CHESS! cosplay and not: for 2012 update! read post 1!!!!

Started by jingko, December 17, 2011, 01:05:54 PM

jingko

leg cramps are a bad thing. and making sure ever one moves is a good thing.
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

CommandantCat

I would like to be the Black Queen! Oh gurl. Oh gurl.

Haha but yes it seems like a fabulous amount of fun if enough people sign up! I will make sure to tell others who are attending c:

I will be in one of a few cosplays depending on the time of the game, either way, this should be very cool.

Just message me on here I suppose if this is actually happening when you know? I would hate to miss out by not checking the posts
COMMANDANT CAT
----
Cosplay, Art, and Costuming
=
Kuroshitsuji - William T. Spears
Homestuck - Gamzee Maraka (jester!Gamzee)
Originals - Mad Hatter, Evil Angel

Maskenlav

LOL I remember doing this since 07 :P I think we should do this for this year AND like have some twist to it where if you cross an opponent you have a small skit. for bigger pieces when they come across one of us they can "banish" us and we'd lose and step out haha

EDIT: You can list me as any pawn on the white side
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Chibi-Freshmen

I will be the black King if you dont mind. I will be cosplaying as either karkat or tavros from homestuck

jingko

Quote from: CommandantCat on January 26, 2012, 10:18:25 PM
I would like to be the Black Queen! Oh gurl. Oh gurl.

Haha but yes it seems like a fabulous amount of fun if enough people sign up! I will make sure to tell others who are attending c:

I will be in one of a few cosplays depending on the time of the game, either way, this should be very cool.

Just message me on here I suppose if this is actually happening when you know? I would hate to miss out by not checking the posts

tell every one you want to! that would be great! thanks and i'll sent out a mass mail when i know for sure ^^ so everyone knows of the time, hopefully in time.
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Quote from: Chibi-Freshmen on January 26, 2012, 11:31:12 PM
I will be the black King if you dont mind. I will be cosplaying as either karkat or tavros from homestuck

either way will work and you got it ><
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

any more? not yet....i'll get antsy in about april ^^
see me at DA as well. ><

Mr Lex

I'm actually going to Fanime with 4 friends not just one, let me see if I can convince all of them to be pieces. :P

MidnightPrincess94

this sounds like fun!! i'd like to check it out. let me see what my friends say and c if they'll join. if not thn i'll try to swing by and check it out ouo

jingko

Quote from: Mr Lex on January 31, 2012, 10:32:34 AM
I'm actually going to Fanime with 4 friends not just one, let me see if I can convince all of them to be pieces. :P

let me know and i'll add them ^^
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Quote from: MidnightPrincess94 on January 31, 2012, 10:37:18 AM
this sounds like fun!! i'd like to check it out. let me see what my friends say and c if they'll join. if not thn i'll try to swing by and check it out ouo

no worries! also if you just want to watch that's ok too, some people just like to watch >< also the game room will have games every day so if you miss this one you can check it out there as well!
see me at DA as well. ><

Kite

There is a good chance I'll participate too as I've always played cosplay chess every year in the game room

I preferably want to be a knight or a bishop.

MidnightPrincess94

my friends are interested in playing (it's our first time) but we'd have to check our schedule to c when we'd be able to go  :-\

jimsha

i went to check out one of the games last year and it was quite fun to watch/take photos.. but they didn't actually finish the game b/c they ran out of time so they just timeskipped and massacred everyone, lol..

i wish i could be one of the players and tell the pieces what to do, bwaha.. prepare for glory! >D
Find me on Facebook! It's where I upload all my con photos and it has links to all my other accounts (Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
http://www.facebook.com/cosplaystalker
If you'd like to add me, please let me know who you are and where you found me! ^_^

jingko

Quote from: Kite on February 01, 2012, 07:23:32 PM
There is a good chance I'll participate too as I've always played cosplay chess every year in the game room

let me know if your like 90% sure and I'll add ya to this game as well ^^
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Quote from: MidnightPrincess94 on February 02, 2012, 01:43:26 PM
my friends are interested in playing (it's our first time) but we'd have to check our schedule to c when we'd be able to go  :-\

well it's will be on Friday and in the afternoon. ^^ so far
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Quote from: jimsha on February 02, 2012, 03:07:08 PM
i went to check out one of the games last year and it was quite fun to watch/take photos.. but they didn't actually finish the game b/c they ran out of time so they just timeskipped and massacred everyone, lol..

i wish i could be one of the players and tell the pieces what to do, bwaha.. prepare for glory! >D

depending on the game, that was me sending everyone to their doom! >< but normally we just played unless there was a big part of the group that had to leave. i can't remember....
see me at DA as well. ><

MidnightPrincess94

ooo on friday? hmm tht mite b tough  :-\ we hav skool friday..but get out early..hmm..i'd have to check and c wat they say, and get bak to u on this.  :)

Kite

Quote from: jingko on February 02, 2012, 04:34:56 PM
Quote from: Kite on February 01, 2012, 07:23:32 PM

let me know if your like 90% sure and I'll add ya to this game as well ^^

If it takes off then I'm on board.

But here is a question, is this game going to be like the anime boston cosplay chess show they've had for the last 3 years where this will be highly interactive? or is this just like the fanime game room version like they have every year at fanime?

jingko

well i've never attended the game room version, and never been to Boston. I've seen the Seattle sakura con version- but i ran it last year, and people had fun. the characters will move around and they can "fight" but no physical contact. the players can "trash talk" but (pg to pg-13 unless little kids are then then ya no real trash talk)
does that answer the question? and when the con get closer is when more people sign up.
so for right now it's a go,
but like i said in post 1 if theres like 6 people not there then really can't have a game.
see me at DA as well. ><