HUMAN CHESS! cosplay and not: for 2012 update! read post 1!!!!

Started by jingko, December 17, 2011, 01:05:54 PM

Kite

I just watched the Sakuracon cosplay chess. So you've ran the 2009 and 2011 there?

Sorry if I'm being troublesome, but is this going to be a game or a show to which all the moves have already been predetermined? Whichever is fine with me. Just something I was trying to understand.

Anyways you can count me in as whatever piece you need. But as I said preferably bishop or rook.

jingko

Quote from: Kite on February 03, 2012, 07:14:35 PM
I just watched the Sakuracon cosplay chess. So you've ran the 2009 and 2011 there?

Sorry if I'm being troublesome, but is this going to be a game or a show to which all the moves have already been predetermined? Whichever is fine with me. Just something I was trying to understand.

Anyways you can count me in as whatever piece you need. But as I said preferably bishop or rook.

no i never ran the one up in Seattle. i have been there and watched theirs and also been in one of the games.
you can play the game as the pieces themselves. or if you don't want to play you can watch. and no the games is live and if i start losing to badly i start cheating.....nicely thou. and i'll put you as either. what side do you want to be on?
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

Kite

I'm pretty sure I'm either misunderstanding or you're not getting what I'm saying. But whatever, I'll just take it as it is.

So I'll play for black. But in the end if someone is being stubborn, I don't mind playing whatever piece whatever side.

jingko

Quote from: Kite on February 06, 2012, 11:00:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm either misunderstanding or you're not getting what I'm saying. But whatever, I'll just take it as it is.

So I'll play for black. But in the end if someone is being stubborn, I don't mind playing whatever piece whatever side.

i think it is a conversation cross over.......but yes we will continue >< all right black side, bishop you are>< (and most are not to picky so it shouldn't be a issue)
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

see me at DA as well. ><

somegirlkatie

Omgsh, you were the one with the awesome chess set last year? I think it was like sunday and you had no people so me and my roommate played like 2 games with half luggage/other random items and half people.
That was so much fun if you were! Thanks for the great time! I'll see if I have time to swing by again this year. :3

Mr Lex

I should probably mention I never played Checkers before, so unless you want to teach me, you're definitely going to need more players or else we're going to be stuck playing chess all day.  :P

jingko

Quote from: somegirlkatie on February 08, 2012, 09:34:16 PM
Omgsh, you were the one with the awesome chess set last year? I think it was like sunday and you had no people so me and my roommate played like 2 games with half luggage/other random items and half people.
That was so much fun if you were! Thanks for the great time! I'll see if I have time to swing by again this year. :3

yes the luggage and bag pieces until that cute little kid showed up and was the pieces >< if you can stop by! right now it's only one game, but the game room is being kind and letting help out with some of their games there so there is always one going in the game room as well ^^
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Quote from: Mr Lex on February 09, 2012, 04:26:44 PM
I should probably mention I never played Checkers before, so unless you want to teach me, you're definitely going to need more players or else we're going to be stuck playing chess all day.  :P
oh i was just putting the checkers in there. we will only play that if there is not enough people, but closer to fanime is when more peps show up on the forums and sign up
see me at DA as well. ><

MidnightPrincess94

i had a question. will there only be cosplay chess on friday ? or will there be some games on Saturday and sunday?

jingko

right now it's only on friday. as last year no one showed up really so it was hard to do any games. IF there are people that want it on saturday or sunday i'm willing to do a game, BUT it has to be a full game in advance. (like by that morning) and it'll will be at a time that i can be there (unless i meet with the people who want to be in charge and can leave the chess stuff with them) as it looks like i'm going to be really busy this con ^^;
see me at DA as well. ><

Haunterluvcookies

Is there a time in which the game will be held on friday?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

jimsha

Quote from: jingko on February 02, 2012, 04:36:54 PM
Quote from: jimsha on February 02, 2012, 03:07:08 PM
i went to check out one of the games last year and it was quite fun to watch/take photos.. but they didn't actually finish the game b/c they ran out of time so they just timeskipped and massacred everyone, lol..

i wish i could be one of the players and tell the pieces what to do, bwaha.. prepare for glory! >D

depending on the game, that was me sending everyone to their doom! >< but normally we just played unless there was a big part of the group that had to leave. i can't remember....
it was saturday, day 2.. i forget what time but prolly 12 or 1.. here's a pic of the two players, i think.. there's another one i took of the game from above in my album.. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=151902424881806&l=3cbaeedca6
Find me on Facebook! It's where I upload all my con photos and it has links to all my other accounts (Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
http://www.facebook.com/cosplaystalker
If you'd like to add me, please let me know who you are and where you found me! ^_^

jingko

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on February 15, 2012, 04:27:10 PM
Is there a time in which the game will be held on friday?
no time yet. still working that out.
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Quote from: jimsha on February 16, 2012, 12:46:37 PM
i went to check out one of the games last year and it was quite fun to watch/take photos.. but they didn't actually finish the game b/c they ran out of time so they just timeskipped and massacred everyone, lol..

i wish i could be one of the players and tell the pieces what to do, bwaha.. prepare for glory! >D

depending on the game, that was me sending everyone to their doom! >< but normally we just played unless there was a big part of the group that had to leave. i can't remember....
it was saturday, day 2.. i forget what time but prolly 12 or 1.. here's a pic of the two players, i think.. there's another one i took of the game from above in my album.. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=151902424881806&l=3cbaeedca6

lol you got me trying to get everybody in a spot and then three of my friends  >< love this pict!
see me at DA as well. ><

jimsha

Quote from: jingko on February 16, 2012, 01:33:50 PM
Quote from: jimsha on February 16, 2012, 12:46:37 PM

lol you got me trying to get everybody in a spot and then three of my friends  >< love this pict!
lol.. i actually have a bunch more pics but i only put two of them up.. feel free to tag them both up, along with the other photos in my albums!
Find me on Facebook! It's where I upload all my con photos and it has links to all my other accounts (Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
http://www.facebook.com/cosplaystalker
If you'd like to add me, please let me know who you are and where you found me! ^_^

jingko

lol that's great ><  and yes i'm a dork that love star wars as well (it was actually my dad's set of chess. and one of the storm troopers was missing so there was a bottle of super glue to replace it.....i have a better and plainer set for this year. )
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

hey theres going to be a new thread in a minuet, (it has to do about other games of chess) check it out!
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

bump for the cat under the couch that is trying to eat my feet.........
see me at DA as well. ><