cosplaying to your body type pannel ><!!!

Started by jingko, December 17, 2011, 05:44:34 PM

jingko

hey there, SilverXplayer and my self did this last year and was going to do it again!

we went over the basic body types and how to make something fit better to you, like shorten or lengthening to skirt or shirt to look long/thinner etc and about cross playing as well.

for those that went last year and those that might what would you like to hear about?

more on making things work for you? or on how to do basic alterations on patterns or all ready found items?

please let us know! (well me really and then i tell her......etc)
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

see me at DA as well. ><

Makise09

This sounds really awesome! I wish I knew about it last year, I would've gone.

jingko

>< you knwo about it this year, so you can come if you want!
see me at DA as well. ><

Rebeccakh

I came with my bf last year and it was an awesome panel and you guys are very sweet ^ ^ I think modifying existing clothing would be a great topic to go over since most newbie cosplayers are intimidated by the prospect of sewing a whole costume. It's the technique I use most to save time and money and know that my costume is less likely to rip and the seams. Def coming this year >w>

Makise09

I'm definitely bringing my friend along, I think she'll really like it. She has a "Pear" shaped body type and is afraid to cosplay cause she thinks people will hassle her for not having the same body type has most characters :/ I have seen people be mean to cosplayers who aren't quite as "thin" or however you want to say it, but I think this can help change her mind.

jingko

Quote from: Rebeccakh on December 19, 2011, 09:10:56 PM
I came with my bf last year and it was an awesome panel and you guys are very sweet ^ ^ I think modifying existing clothing would be a great topic to go over since most newbie cosplayers are intimidated by the prospect of sewing a whole costume. It's the technique I use most to save time and money and know that my costume is less likely to rip and the seams. Def coming this year >w>

that's great that you came! >< were you dressed up? (i can remember costumes but never names-__-)
and yes it saves money and time! always a good thing! (also hope for a longer panel as last years was too short to go over everything and answer questions :3)
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Quote from: Makise09 on December 20, 2011, 12:40:33 PM
I'm definitely bringing my friend along, I think she'll really like it. She has a "Pear" shaped body type and is afraid to cosplay cause she thinks people will hassle her for not having the same body type has most characters :/ I have seen people be mean to cosplayers who aren't quite as "thin" or however you want to say it, but I think this can help change her mind.

Bring her along! my "little sister"(everyone thinks were related and we just go with it)  who does the panel with me is a "pear" shape and trust me they can do more then they think ^^ 
see me at DA as well. ><

Rebeccakh

Quote from: jingko on December 20, 2011, 04:07:24 PM

that's great that you came! >< were you dressed up? (i can remember costumes but never names-__-)
and yes it saves money and time! always a good thing! (also hope for a longer panel as last years was too short to go over everything and answer questions :3)
no I was in normal clothes that day, we were taking the day off and we were kinda near the back :3
I cross my fingers for you guys for more time>:3

BunofGovt

I'm sorry I missed this panel this year.  From the title of this thread, I was afraid it was going to be about limiting my cosplay to a character of my shape and size, which I never do  :D

I would like to know more about pattern alterations.  I sew most of my outfits, and generally find a pattern most similar to the final outfit, and then alter it.  But the alterations are hit and miss (change a line, cut the material, sew it, try it on, realize it needs adjusting, start over).  I would love it if you could identify how to change the pattern based on what exists versus what you want it to be, if that makes sense.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

jingko

i know the name of the panel is odd, but it is making the cosplay to you body so i fit Oo (if that makes sense. to all but me)

and that would be fun to try and do. cause i find that it is a hit and miss with patternes, and SilverXplayer does her's differently then how i do mine, as i'm a 'cuddly' body type and shes a very nice shaped pear. so i think it would be great to go over this even if we have to do another panel on it (as i think they limit us to a hour) ^^
great idea! also i remember you from the chess game last year >< HI again!
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Quote from: Rebeccakh on December 21, 2011, 01:48:02 PM
Quote from: jingko on December 20, 2011, 04:07:24 PM

no I was in normal clothes that day, we were taking the day off and we were kinda near the back :3
I cross my fingers for you guys for more time>:3

>< thanks!
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

see me at DA as well. ><