how to style wigs 101 for fanime 2012

Started by jingko, December 17, 2011, 05:52:21 PM

jingko

hey there thinking of a panel on styling and cutting wigs the basics! and maybe another on doing spikes, pony tails, and a bit of wefting- or adding more to a wig (as sometimes you need the basics to get the more technically challenging-i should know did this backwards years ago)

i'm not saying that your going to be the "BEST EVER WIG STYLIST" but hopefully we (silverXplayer and my self) could help ya get the basics going so you can get going on doing your own. ><

any one? love to hear from you on what you would like to hear about at the panel ^^
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

see me at DA as well. ><

BunofGovt

I think I saw a similar post somewhere else, but I'd love a panel on styling wigs.  I've been looking at some Cosmode magazines and the pictures show styling a wig with large curls using caulking.  If you could include something explaining that, that would be helpful!  Also, besides caulking  :D what other materials/liquids/solids can be used in styling a wig, say, with curls.  Large curls versus smaller curls.  And after you've 'curled' a wig, how do you get it safely to con, and then store it afterwards (can it be washed through and then styled again next year?).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

jingko

Quote from: BunofGovt on December 21, 2011, 08:11:58 PM
I think I saw a similar post somewhere else, but I'd love a panel on styling wigs.  I've been looking at some Cosmode magazines and the pictures show styling a wig with large curls using caulking.  If you could include something explaining that, that would be helpful!  Also, besides caulking  :D what other materials/liquids/solids can be used in styling a wig, say, with curls.  Large curls versus smaller curls.  And after you've 'curled' a wig, how do you get it safely to con, and then store it afterwards (can it be washed through and then styled again next year?).

with calking there is no changing it after it's done, but ya that was going to be one of the things to go over as i had to learn it the hard way. with Waki from Apollo Justice. (pain in the butt to get the curl with hair spray!) and ya once it's there with the calking no moving of the curls and no worries about moving it as it's not going any where, and no re using that wig-ever. unless you cut it all off and then you have an interesting wig..... but ya was going to go over that. it's fun once you get use to it and get it down. ^^
see me at DA as well. ><

BunofGovt

In addition to styling wigs, will you provide tips on how to get the wig on AFTER styling?  (how does one manage?)

And tips on keeping them on your head during the day, depending on if you are just going to stand, or do a lot of walking around/moving? What do you normally do with your real hair prior to putting on a wig?

thanks!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Touya no Miko

I actually was planning on starting a panel about basic wig care. But glad to see someone else who's starting on it!
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

IneloquentFormalties

Hey there! My friend and I have submitted our request for a Wig styling panel this year at Fanime. We hosted one last year and are hoping to come back again. I'm sending you this asking if you'd maybe like to help with the panel and collaborate! If not feel free to run your own panel! the more the merrier! Best of luck!
Tumblr::IneloquentFormalities
Facebook::EloquentArtistry