Gundam Universe Gathering 2012

Started by Mirai Noah, December 27, 2011, 10:50:25 AM

Mirai Noah

Welcome to the Gundam Universe Gathering thread for 2012! Anyone cosplaying as a character from any Gundam series is welcome and encouraged to join! Here is the thread on Cosplay.com.

Gundam Universe Gathering 2012:
Day: Sunday
Time: 10:30am
MP/L: FiF MS (Flowerbeds in Front, Marriott Side)

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

List of Attendees:

Mobile Suit Gundam
Mirai Yashima: Mirai Noah

MS Igloo
Col. Herbert von Kuspen: Tifa on a Cloud*

Zeta Gundam
Kamille Bidan: getterbeam*
Four Murasume: katie5000

Gundam Unicorn
Banagher Links: will [ishida]'s friend

G Gundam
Schwartz Bruder: W4RH0US3*

Gundam Wing
Duo Maxwell: Ruka86*

Turn A Gundam
Loran Cehack: neozero497 (as Laura Rolla)

Gundam SEED/Destiny
Lacus Clyne: Suijinkou*

Gundam 00
Season 2 Gals: ninjagal6 and friends
Allelujah Haptism: (GG)Nami_Misaki's fiance
Marie Parfacy: (GG)Nami_Misaki
Tieria Erde: Tokio Amarfi *
Christina Sierra: Shii Arisugawa

Gundam AGE
Woolf Enneacle: will [ishida]

*Indicates Cosplay.com user

will [ishida]

Of COURSE I'll be in attendance! Put me down (hopefully) as Haru Irei from Gunpla Builders Beginning G! If all else fails I'll rehash Banagher yet again.
Dan Smith - killer7
"watashi" - The Tatami Galaxy
Woolf Enneacle - Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Raymond Vester - Resident Evil: Revelations
Shintaro Goto (Kamen Rider Birth) - Kamen Rider OOO
Takashi Dai (Banker) - Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

Mirai Noah

Yay! :D And oh cool, Gunpla Builders! Adding you to the list!

JiiiWiz

One for Marie Parfacy and an Allelujah Haptism! :] Me and my fiance will be going as these two.~ Hopefully more people will join this gathering.
"Please don't.."

Mirai Noah

^ Added you! :D

This year it seems that the Cosplay.com thread is more active than normal, but I will keep both up to date. :)

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Mirai Noah on February 16, 2012, 02:27:52 PM
^ Added you! :D

This year it seems that the Cosplay.com thread is more active than normal, but I will keep both up to date. :)

Thanks, hun. :] And I'm really glad that the Gathering is still going on. Kind of scared me for a second there ^^ Hoping more people join though. It seems like there's a whole group of 00 girls coming on the cosplay.com thread.
"Please don't.."

will [ishida]

WELP. I'm formally changing my outfit to Woolf Enneacle from Gundam AGE, specifically the young version from Flit's saga. I'm bringing my little AGE Haro too.

I'll also be dragging my friend along as Banagher Links from Gundam Unicorn because he shall carry my torch my UC Haro to the future!
Dan Smith - killer7

Mirai Noah

Haha, so you took my suggestion? XD

List updated!

will [ishida]

Quote from: Mirai Noah on February 21, 2012, 10:10:54 AM
Haha, so you took my suggestion? XD

List updated!

Lol yes, your vote was instrumental in my decision. Gunpla Builders can get love some other day!
Dan Smith - killer7

katie5000

Hey Mirai :D

I wanted to let you know that I intend to show up as Four Murasame this year (I finally got that costume from the mailroom, woo XD).

Mirai Noah

Hey! Adding you! :D

I'm going to relist myself as Mirai now, because that's probably what I'm wearing to the gathering (although I'm still bringing Marida to the con, though).

neozero497

Me as Rolan Cehack as Laura Rolla.

MUSTACHE GUNDAM!

X posted at cosplay.com

Mirai Noah

Yay! I'm very happy with the variety we are getting.  ;D

Meeting Time/Location: We don't have to decide on a meeting time yet, but I want to start narrowing it down. Would we prefer Saturday or Sunday? Based on previous experience, the turnout has been better if the gathering's in the afternoon, but would you rather have it closer to 1pm, or maybe later in the afternoon like 4pm? Let me know your thoughts, my own schedule is very fluid at this point, and I want to make sure that everyone who plans on attending can make it. :)

Due to the construction on the Hilton side, there are less options for meeting places, so if there is a particular location people wanted, we need to keep that in mind. I am fine with meeting somewhere on the Marriott side, which is where we original met last year before it started raining.

will [ishida]

I was just thinking about the fact that we have nearly every animated work/universe represented, and it's pretty exciting! Maybe Judau, Seabook, Uso, & Kira will emerge riding on a white mobile suit to save the day, lol. As for date/time, I'm fine with either day but would prefer the gathering to be later in the afternoon, be it 3 or 4. Meeting at the Marriott side like last year would work as well, especially if it ends up raining again.
Dan Smith - killer7

neozero497

Yay variety,

But sad there is no SEED love.

Mirai Noah

I have a couple friends that are not listed who will probably be coming as SEED characters :) (and I'm bringing one of my Murrue costumes, just not wearing it to the gathering this year).

Mirai Noah

List updated!

Any more time requests or suggestions?

Mirai Noah

Going over everyone's thoughts from both forums about the gathering time, it looks like we may have to have it at 1 or 2pm on Saturday. Let me know how that works for everybody.

Mirai Noah

On the Cosplay.com thread we have also decided that Sunday morning is another option. So it anyone has any input, please reply! :)

Mirai Noah

So Cosplay.com is down, and we have about 10 days left until time submissions close. The general consensus was that Sunday morning worked for everyone, so how does 10:30am sound? Meeting place will be the Marriott side, like where we met originally last year.