Is Musicfest still happening on 2012?

Started by ayaminamino, January 01, 2012, 07:26:33 PM

Freeden

Thank you very much MPLe for the update. It is appreciated ;D

DrScorpio

Quote from: MPLe on May 02, 2012, 03:36:01 AM
Plan A = GoH to perform. Plan B = Our Guest Relations and MusicFest departments will perform.

I actually would love to see plan B.

M

Quote from: DrScorpio on May 02, 2012, 04:18:39 PM
Plan A = GoH to perform. Plan B = Our Guest Relations and MusicFest departments will perform.

Our Guest Relations department has been made aware of this thread. =)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

hikarihoshi28

Quote from: MPLe on May 02, 2012, 04:23:06 PM

Our Guest Relations department has been made aware of this thread. =)

Hahahaha! I vote for A & B!

cutiebunny

So what you're saying that, instead of shikishi this year, I should bring fruit to pummel the guest relation staff with.  Gotcha  ;)

M

Quote from: cutiebunny on May 02, 2012, 05:12:26 PMSo what you're saying that, instead of shikishi this year, I should bring fruit to pummel the guest relation staff with.  Gotcha  ;)
I would say "yes" but that means that they would be getting free food, so no. :)

Freeden

Quote from: MPLe on May 02, 2012, 05:24:39 PM
Quote from: cutiebunny on May 02, 2012, 05:12:26 PMSo what you're saying that, instead of shikishi this year, I should bring fruit to pummel the guest relation staff with.  Gotcha  ;)
I would say "yes" but that means that they would be getting free food, so no. :)

Just bring the fruits that no one likes, like grapefruit. No one likes grapefruit.

xdeath_bunnyx

Quote from: MPLe on May 02, 2012, 07:03:42 AM
Quote from: shellysunfish on May 02, 2012, 06:09:16 AMNice to hear that there will be music guest.
Are you going to start announcing them next week?
We are going to announce them as soon as we can.

"them" O A O;;; there's more than 1? 8D

cottoncandymuffin

Quote from: Freeden on May 02, 2012, 07:11:47 PM
Quote from: MPLe on May 02, 2012, 05:24:39 PM

Just bring the fruits that no one likes, like grapefruit. No one likes grapefruit.

Should bring durian along with that. I'm sure the venue will smell lovely afterwards ;)

DrScorpio

Quote from: cutiebunny on May 02, 2012, 05:12:26 PM
So what you're saying that, instead of shikishi this year, I should bring fruit to pummel the guest relation staff with.  Gotcha  ;)

Thats just for the musicfest (which I still think would be awesome lol). Tho I dont really want to go to the autograph sessions and see Fanime staff signing  ;)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: DrScorpio on May 02, 2012, 11:13:57 PM
Quote from: cutiebunny on May 02, 2012, 05:12:26 PM

Thats just for the musicfest (which I still think would be awesome lol). Tho I dont really want to go to the autograph sessions and see Fanime staff signing  ;)

I disagree, I want all the staffs sigs.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Angelx624

Quote from: xdeath_bunnyx on May 02, 2012, 08:11:03 PM
Quote from: MPLe on May 02, 2012, 07:03:42 AM
Quote from: shellysunfish on May 02, 2012, 06:09:16 AMNice to hear that there will be music guest.
Are you going to start announcing them next week?
We are going to announce them as soon as we can.

"them" O A O;;; there's more than 1? 8D
I figured there'd be more than one. =_= Unless, THEY MEAN A BAND. OAAAAO Though, last year, they got two Music Fest guests, so they could mean that they're working on getting two again, this year. OR MAYBE THREE. Nah, is there time for three? >A>"
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

cutiebunny

Quote from: DrScorpio on May 02, 2012, 11:13:57 PM

How about, "If they can't draw anything better than a stick figure, they get the fruit treatment?".

...that means that y'all have 22 days to learn how to draw at professional level.  Get crackin'.  The locals know where they sell durian 'round these parts, and we will bring some unpeeled ones just for this event.

Sad that this topic has turned into this, but at least it's keeping everyone's spirits up.  I'd love to see a week of guest updates, with each one just as fantastic as the next.

And in the meantime, while you're making your umpteenth revision to your press release, I'll dig out my oversized slingshot that we used in college for fruit launching.  Can't wait to see how far a durian will go.

Xanreo

Quote from: cutiebunny on May 03, 2012, 07:11:22 AMI'd love to see a week of guest updates, with each one just as fantastic as the next.

Can you imagine how ridiculously amazing it would be if press decided to release a new guest announcement each day for week or two?
Yowza.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

shellysunfish

Quote from: Xanreo on May 03, 2012, 11:52:17 AM
Quote from: cutiebunny on May 03, 2012, 07:11:22 AMI'd love to see a week of guest updates, with each one just as fantastic as the next.

Can you imagine how ridiculously amazing it would be if press decided to release a new guest announcement each day for week or two?
Yowza.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves ...
I would like them to annouce
any guest at this point! : (

Amanojaku

Quote from: shellysunfish on May 03, 2012, 12:48:41 PM
Quote from: Xanreo on May 03, 2012, 11:52:17 AM

Yowza.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves ...
I would like them to annouce
any guest at this point! : (

I second this.  I'm trying to get some friends to go to Fanime Con with me, and the hold up in them committing to it is not knowing what guests (especially music guest) is going to be there.
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

Angelx624

Well, I'll be at Fanime no matter what. But the wait is killing me. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

zero209

i'm gonna wait a little longer but in all truth getting second thoughts about going now. i'm not ready to drop large amounts of money for the hotels and travel so not see any special guest. I"ll wait until the 10th and see where it goes from there. Another part of my also is hoping for someone big to show up. So please don't let us down.

M