Group Leader / Group Registration

Started by LOVE.SAE, January 06, 2012, 04:56:46 PM

LOVE.SAE

So I've just ordered multiple badges and it confirms I am group leader. I am fine with that, but I was wondering is there really no way to change the group leader? Such as an option to switch it to one of the members or something. What if something happens last minute? Is there no way to have someone from the same group to pick up the badges?

M

There is no (current) way for you to change who is the group leader.

If you need to do this, e-mailing Registration ([email protected]) will be the best thing to do.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: MPLe on January 06, 2012, 05:19:49 PM
There is no (current) way for you to change who is the group leader.

If you need to do this, e-mailing Registration ([email protected]) will be the best thing to do.
I was wondering about this as well.  Thanks for the info, MPLe =).

Makise09

Does the address you register with have to be the same one on your state ID? Just wondering since I might be moving in the beginning of May and won't have time to get a new ID with an updated address.

M

Quote from: Makise09 on January 06, 2012, 06:29:24 PM
Does the address you register with have to be the same one on your state ID? Just wondering since I might be moving in the beginning of May and won't have time to get a new ID with an updated address.
The address you use should be an address that you would be able to receive packages at. If you really want to be cautious, e-mail Registration and they can note this on your record.

Makise09

Quote from: MPLe on January 06, 2012, 06:54:31 PM
Quote from: Makise09 on January 06, 2012, 06:29:24 PM
The address you use should be an address that you would be able to receive packages at. If you really want to be cautious, e-mail Registration and they can note this on your record.
I'll do that if I can't get a new ID in time, thanks for the quick answer.

kookiekween99

Just curious, but what does Fanime actually use our addresses for?
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: kookiekween99 on January 06, 2012, 08:52:02 PM
Your badges used to actually get mailed to you, but now I think its mostly a way to further verify ID and for stats on how far people travel for Fanime.

M

The main thing is to assist in verifying your identity (since most photo IDs used will match their address). We typically don't do much aside from that - maybe some Marketing stats for our records, but we definitely don't sell or give this information away.

We have done surprise things in the past like mail out a program guide to everyone (during the one year where equipment failure meant that our program guides didn't arrive in time for the convention - how embarrassing! =/ ) and send a themed post card (which I want to start doing again).

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on January 06, 2012, 09:50:49 PM
Your badges used to actually get mailed to you, but now I think its mostly a way to further verify ID and for stats on how far people travel for Fanime.
I don't believe we've ever mailed out badges.

Makise09

Quote from: MPLe on January 06, 2012, 10:34:50 PM
The main thing is to assist in verifying your identity (since most photo IDs used will match their address). We typically don't do much aside from that - maybe some Marketing stats for our records, but we definitely don't sell or give this information away.

We have done surprise things in the past like mail out a program guide to everyone (during the one year where equipment failure meant that our program guides didn't arrive in time for the convention - how embarrassing! =/ ) and send a themed post card (which I want to start doing again).

FanimeCon themed postcard? That would so awesome to bring back! A nice extra souvenir to keep besides the badges and the hotel keys from last year. (Is there any word on if the hotel keys will be around again this year? That was an awesome surprise when we checked in.) 

M

Quote from: Makise09 on January 06, 2012, 11:04:44 PMFanimeCon themed postcard? That would so awesome to bring back! A nice extra souvenir to keep besides the badges and the hotel keys from last year. (Is there any word on if the hotel keys will be around again this year? That was an awesome surprise when we checked in.)
Hotel key cards coming back? Close to 100% yes, but it won't be a surprise this year. =/

BTW, we're getting way off topic now. :P

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: MPLe on January 06, 2012, 10:34:50 PM
No? I could have sworn I got mailed mine 9 or so years ago, before Fanime moved to the McEnery convention center. But I have been wrong before. I for sure remember the program that got mailed out, and still have it stacked up with my others.

M

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on January 07, 2012, 08:41:25 AMNo? I could have sworn I got mailed mine 9 or so years ago, before Fanime moved to the McEnery convention center. But I have been wrong before. I for sure remember the program that got mailed out, and still have it stacked up with my others.
Honestly, you could be right... *I* don't remember 100% that we didn't do that.

UminoJenia

OK - i've been asked by friends to be the "Group Leader" to get their badges (because they just refuse to get a PayPal account) - so, i'm already registered, what's the next step to add folks to my Fanime account?  (please don't laugh, I just don't want to mess this up!)  THANKS!!!

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: UminoJenia on January 09, 2012, 01:34:40 PM
OK - i've been asked by friends to be the "Group Leader" to get their badges (because they just refuse to get a PayPal account) - so, i'm already registered, what's the next step to add folks to my Fanime account?  (please don't laugh, I just don't want to mess this up!)  THANKS!!!
I'm not sure if this will work, but try logging into your account (click the Register button and then "Login" at the top right-hand corner), and see if there's a "Register new Fan" button.  If there is, you can use that to register your friends.  I'm not sure if the button will be there, though, since you did a single registration instead of group.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest either signing your friends up individually, or emailing [email protected] and see if they can give you some better advice.

kookiekween99

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on January 09, 2012, 03:59:00 PM
I'm not sure if this will work, but try logging into your account (click the Register button and then "Login" at the top right-hand corner), and see if there's a "Register new Fan" button.  If there is, you can use that to register your friends.  I'm not sure if the button will be there, though, since you did a single registration instead of group.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest either signing your friends up individually, or emailing [email protected] and see if they can give you some better advice.

This should be fine. I think it says something about "Would you like to convert this to a group membership?"
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

M

Quote from: kookiekween99 on January 09, 2012, 06:39:35 PM
Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on January 09, 2012, 03:59:00 PM

This should be fine. I think it says something about "Would you like to convert this to a group membership?"
I just tested this on my account and it works the way that the two above have stated. It should only charge you for the non-paid memberships on file.

Cosnub

I was wondering if you could remove a group member's name if they decide not to attend before payment has been made?

M

Quote from: Cosnub on January 11, 2012, 05:21:24 AMI was wondering if you could remove a group member's name if they decide not to attend before payment has been made?
If payment is not paid, you should have a button that removes them. It'll appear in the last column (to the right of "BadgeID").