Question about artist ally ticket

Started by luffy77, January 07, 2012, 06:33:12 PM

luffy77

My friend is interested in getting into a comic career with his art and I have told him from what I saw at Fanime last year it would be wise for him to go.  Is there anything different about having an artist ally booth such as do you have to buy a special ticket or purchase a spot in artist ally after buying the con ticket?  Also are there any special rules?  I know I saw some artists leave their booth for gatherings and what not but does an artist have to stay in their booth for so much time?

ShikiIchijo

You do have to rent/buy a table to be able to sell, and I think one ticket/badge is included in the price. :3
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

ewu

Nope, membership is not included with the table. They need to be purchased separately.

Last year, there was an option to buy the table and membership at the same time, but that means you will likely miss this price cutoff.

There are extensive rules and the agreement/rules will go up soon. Presence at the table is covered in the agreement, but emailing AA would be the best - artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

luffy77

Ok so basically my friend would have to buy a con ticket and table ticket?  Also in the agreement would he say "I'll be at my table for such and such time but be away for this gathering or this event, etc?"

Phyn

Quote from: luffy77 on January 08, 2012, 05:12:41 PM
Ok so basically my friend would have to buy a con ticket and table ticket?  Also in the agreement would he say "I'll be at my table for such and such time but be away for this gathering or this event, etc?"

Yes, your friend would have to pay for a membership badge (con ticket) and the table fee (table ticket).  Note he doesn't need to buy a badge in order to sign up for a table.

He can do what he wants with his table as far as being there or away so he doesn't have to list that at the agreement.  During the convention itself, he can write a note saying "I'll be away until..." for the benefit of attendees.  I can emphasize that little bit of advice enough.  It goes a long way to let potential buyers know that you'll be back later.

Marc Dell'Erba
Artist Alley

Hachimitsu

what about the Ticket (helper) stickers? are we still provided to have 2 helper stickers? (now that A.A.A finally decide to have 1 table per person this year!)