Artist Alley Table Signups available online Saturday January 28th!!

Started by Phyn, January 08, 2012, 12:03:32 PM

Phyn

Greetings and hope your 2012 has started well for you.  We have news you've been patiently asking about and waiting for:

Table Signups for FanimeCon will begin on the official FanimeCon website at 12 noon (Pacific time) on Saturday, January 28th.

This has been in the works for weeks and we're happy to finally deliver some information more insightful than "stay tuned" (check's in the mail too you know - just kidding!)

We have an updated Table Agreement which you can see at http://www.fanime.com/exhibits/artist-alley/  In the coming days we'll have a brand new FAQ posted there as well detailing on this year's signup system.  

Just some quick notes here:

* Due to last year's tremendous demand for tables, individual artists will only be able to signup for one table (instead of two from previous years).  Artists may still have a second person (artist or helper) with them at their table (same as before).
* What about groups?  Groups will be handled as seating requests.  Many of you reminded us which groups you were part of in your seating requests last year. Since we were able to make seating work very well, we will handle the gathering of groups in this manner this year.
* Signup fee will be $75 for a table for the length of the convention.
* The signup process will be completely first come-first serve with a waiting list for overflow signups.  Otherwise, the process will have the same two phase structure as last year.

We are thankful to both you, our esteemed artists and to my fellow staffers for making the signup process happen right in this new year.

Marc Dell'Erba and Bree Arnett
FanimeCon 2012 Artist Alley

Hakoshi

Will we need to have a fanime badge? Cause I would love to be apart of artist alley, but I'm also waiting on two panels and might be getting a free badge and if I pay for my badge now I won't be refunded, so will it be required to sign up for artist alley?

Phyn

Buying an attendance badge is not needed to sign up for a table.  It's better to buy one early not because of Artist Alley but as the convention approaches they go up in price.

TheEarlGrey

So I read the FAQ recently and I couldn't hel but notice that this year you do not need a seller's permit, but the agreement still has a space for where you fill out the seller's permit. Do you leave that area blank then? Also this is my first time trying to get a table so I was wondering also where you turn in the document, if you mail it or email it?

ewu

The FAQ would explain it better than I:

11. How do I accept the Table Agreement as required?
You will be asked to agree to the Table Agreement online during the table signup process by the use of a checkbox.  It is not required to either send in a paper form or to submit a .pdf copy.

Quote from: TheEarlGrey on January 26, 2012, 08:33:47 AM
So I read the FAQ recently and I couldn't hel but notice that this year you do not need a seller's permit, but the agreement still has a space for where you fill out the seller's permit. Do you leave that area blank then? Also this is my first time trying to get a table so I was wondering also where you turn in the document, if you mail it or email it?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Raymind

Hello,

I'm kinda new here so im not 100% sure about how registration works here.  The FAQ states that:

Table Signups for FanimeCon will begin on the official FanimeCon website at 12 noon (Pacific time) on Saturday, January 28th.

So does that mean that at 12 noon on Saturday the website will have an online registration form to fill out?   

Ive been to other conventions that do their AA registration through email, so i just want to verify how it works for Fanime.

Hoping someone can give me a better idea about how this works.

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Raymind on January 26, 2012, 08:35:21 PM
Hello,
I'm kinda new here so im not 100% sure about how registration works here.  The FAQ states that:
So does that mean that at 12 noon on Saturday the website will have an online registration form to fill out?   
Ive been to other conventions that do their AA registration through email, so i just want to verify how it works for Fanime.
Hoping someone can give me a better idea about how this works.

hey don't feel upset and scared, but its good that you are concern about the question.
The goodnews is as soon as it opens, it will be easier to understand

M

Some might kill me for saying this, but we're currently testing the website and unless any last minute showstopping issues are found (and they do get found in all types of QA), it looks pretty good. ;)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!