Location & Price of Maid Cafe

Started by SpiritOfKairi, January 10, 2012, 10:35:49 PM

SpiritOfKairi

Hi, everyone!  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but despite going to Fanime since 2007 I've never been to the Maid Cafe and would like to try it out.  That being said, where exactly is it located?  Also, how pricey is the food?

chifunii

The Maid Cafe (for the last few years) have been on the Hilton end of the SJCC, right next to where the hotel and the con center are joined. :)

As for price, I haven't gone in a while so I don't want to give any numbers in case they've changed recently. ><;
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

M

Quote from: chifunii on January 10, 2012, 10:39:43 PM
The Maid Cafe (for the last few years) have been on the Hilton end of the SJCC, right next to where the hotel and the con center are joined. :)

As for price, I haven't gone in a while so I don't want to give any numbers in case they've changed recently. ><;
Almaden Concourse on the upper level of the San Jose Convention Center (link to floorplans / WARNING: PDF - Page 2)).

I'll see if I can dig up the price chart (no promises).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: MPLe on January 11, 2012, 12:08:44 AM
Quote from: chifunii on January 10, 2012, 10:39:43 PM

Almaden Concourse on the upper level of the San Jose Convention Center (link to floorplans / WARNING: PDF - Page 2)).

I'll see if I can dig up the price chart (no promises).
Thanks so much!  At least now I know where to find it lol.  Do you know if a menu with prices will be posted ahead of time, or is it too early to tell right now?

M

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on January 11, 2012, 02:27:15 PMThanks so much!  At least now I know where to find it lol.  Do you know if a menu with prices will be posted ahead of time, or is it too early to tell right now?

I will try to get the menu up before the convention, but no promises. Also, I was not able to find a price chart (I could have sworn I took a picture of it or something).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

PyronIkari

Prices were roughly as such.

Small deserts were roughly around 3.50. Larger deserts were around 4-5. Sandwiches were about 5.50. Drinks were 1.50 or so for coffee/tea 2.50 for sodas. 4$ for a can of monster.

So you're looking at avg fare for convention food.

As was previously noted, the cafe itself was on the concourse floor on the Hilton side way way way at the end of the concourse. Above the Starbucks on the first floor.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: MPLe on January 11, 2012, 02:56:13 PM
Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on January 11, 2012, 02:27:15 PMThanks so much!  At least now I know where to find it lol.  Do you know if a menu with prices will be posted ahead of time, or is it too early to tell right now?

I will try to get the menu up before the convention, but no promises. Also, I was not able to find a price chart (I could have sworn I took a picture of it or something).
That's alright, no worries.  It would be awesome if the menu could be posted, but I won't be heartbroken if it isn't.  I understand you all have a LOT to do as it is, and the menu is a fairly small thing in the grand scheme of it all.

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 11, 2012, 03:26:12 PM

Small deserts were roughly around 3.50. Larger deserts were around 4-5. Sandwiches were about 5.50. Drinks were 1.50 or so for coffee/tea 2.50 for sodas. 4$ for a can of monster.

As was previously noted, the cafe itself was on the concourse floor on the Hilton side way way way at the end of the concourse. Above the Starbucks on the first floor.
Thanks, Pyron!  Have to say this is right around what I was expecting price-wise.

Sen

I was wondering, would the catering be able to do an afternoon tea set like at the tea shops? That would be so fun.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

PyronIkari

Quote from: Sen on February 17, 2012, 01:32:44 PM

I was wondering, would the catering be able to do an afternoon tea set like at the tea shops? That would be so fun.

Claudia: I'm totally the wrong person to be asking that, hahahahaha. I think it's Facilities that would be the people to talk to?

[Edit: I fixed his quote tags -MPLe]