2012 FMV Contest New Stuff!

Started by Marin Jei El, January 17, 2012, 11:35:15 PM

jd_lord1

So, there are two showings... Am I right to assume ballots will be cast only during the first showing?

Tsu

Nope, there's ballots for both. There's two showings so that people who missed one (or couldn't get in due to capacity issues) can have a second chance. It's been this way every year we're not across the street in the big auditorium because you can fit so many more people in there than the normal viewing rooms. Tho I also think having it both days means people who have schedule conflicts with one showing can get in for another, unlike when we're @ the auditorium, so that's really great. I wouldn't be surprised if the overall audience size is larger on double-viewing years. Besides, the last couple years @ the auditorium the line for either the musicfest or masquerade was already outside- meaning, all those people going to the musicfest or masquerade couldn't see the FMVs because they had to stay in line during the screening. I think numbers took a hit w/ that and as an editor, it was kind of sad.

Also, yes, you can vote twice if you go on both days. It really won't make a huge impact on voting #s.

I think there was one year w/ two voting-showings and one with no voting, but don't quote me on it.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

RiderG

i wish i could attend again this year but lack of finances has prohibited it :( good luck everyone :D

Marin Jei El

Quote from: foester on May 18, 2012, 04:17:47 PM
Nope, there's ballots for both. There's two showings so that people who missed one (or couldn't get in due to capacity issues) can have a second chance. It's been this way every year we're not across the street in the big auditorium because you can fit so many more people in there than the normal viewing rooms. Tho I also think having it both days means people who have schedule conflicts with one showing can get in for another, unlike when we're @ the auditorium, so that's really great. I wouldn't be surprised if the overall audience size is larger on double-viewing years. Besides, the last couple years @ the auditorium the line for either the musicfest or masquerade was already outside- meaning, all those people going to the musicfest or masquerade couldn't see the FMVs because they had to stay in line during the screening. I think numbers took a hit w/ that and as an editor, it was kind of sad.

Also, yes, you can vote twice if you go on both days. It really won't make a huge impact on voting #s.

I think there was one year w/ two voting-showings and one with no voting, but don't quote me on it.

Once again, Foester, you are correct. Thanks for passing on the info. ;D
Fanime Music Video Contest Dept. Head
Any Questions or Comments send to:
[email protected]

Tsu

Quote from: Marin Jei El on May 18, 2012, 10:08:30 PMOnce again, Foester, you are correct. Thanks for passing on the info. ;D

Glad to! I'm just happy to see all the FMV chatter this year- it's nice to have the community communicating.  :P

Gintoki23

Agreed man. xD A silent room is an awkward room. D:
When people see their breath...
Most People:"Its cold!"
Me:"THERE ARE GHOSTS AMONG US!"

Marin Jei El

[email protected]

khyaoiness

I just read the schedule for Fanime, and I was wondering
Is the AMV contest really going to take 2 hours to finish, or is that a rough guess?
Kingdom Hearts is awesome
as cosplaying as it makes it even better ^^
~Fantasy is always there when reality fails you~

Tsu

The FMVs are more likely to run overtime than under-time. The con can be pretty strict about doling out time in the rooms so I would imagine 2 hours is right on the mark. The videos themselves may not be exactly 2 hours- last year they saved time to welcome the audience, hand out ballots, etc, and there are bumpers to each category. Though I don't the bumpers can possibly be as amusing as the steampunk-AMV-safari we had last year...  ;D

Gintoki23

Oh my sweet mother, tomorrow is the day! I'm so nervous! I'm sad I can't go tomorrow (I have Finals) but I'll happily go to the AMV contest on Saturday.
When people see their breath...
Most People:"Its cold!"
Me:"THERE ARE GHOSTS AMONG US!"

Freud

Is there anyway to contact the makers of the amv? There were some amvs I would love to witness again.

Tsu

Depends. If you can't find their videos on youtube or animemusicvideos.org, you could always try posting here. A lot of editors were viewing the forums leading up to the contest. Also, a lot of editors may be on animemusicvideos.org but just haven't posted their current videos yet- you could try finding them through there, once the full finalist/winners information is posted. What videos are you looking for?

Marin Jei El

We will be contacting this years editors in hopes that they send us links to their posted amv's.
[email protected]

Imagine

Quote from: Freud on May 31, 2012, 11:28:25 PM
Is there anyway to contact the makers of the amv? There were some amvs I would love to witness again.
I guess I may as well put the link here in case someone does want to watch it again, though I do think it'd be pretty neat to have a list/link of where to find the AMV's shows, at least the winners or nothing else. I will say though that if you search in youtube for the name of the AMV's shows, you'll probably have a high chance of finding them.

http://youtu.be/LFdJJ70GXpg
Fanime 2012 FMV Contest, Experimental Category:
3rd Place Judge's Award
2nd Place Audience Award.

persiandragon

I uploaded my video that didn't get into the contest.  you can see it in my profile, on youtube or amv.org   user name is persiandragon