Winter 2012 anime lineup.

Started by Glitch, January 18, 2012, 01:23:07 AM

Glitch

The season has already been underway, but what do you guys think?

So far, Another has been looking interesting.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Mouretsu/Miniskirt/Bodacious Space Pirates: Probably my pick of the season.  A bit slow, but I can see this pick up a few episodes after.
Nisemonogatari: If you liked Bakemonogatari, still a good watch.
Symphogear: Not sure about this.  I felt that everything is thrown in 2 episodes that the later episodes may fall flat.
Kill Me Baby: Hit/Miss.  Some segments are funny while most seem bland so far.  One of those animes where you want to skim to only the good parts.  The ED is hilarious though.
Highschool DxD: Ummm, boobs?

I will write more later.  Going to watch Rinne No Lagrange and others.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

GoodAsianDriver

Presently watching a few of these on crunchyroll. A lot of them I have not seen before (this is a good thing!) I like using the anime watching rooms as a method of discovery.

Not that it isn't already included in the current lineup (I wouldn't know as I'm not completely familiar with all of these titles) but I feel like there should be an effort to show less popular but critically acclaimed anime titles. FanimeCon is, for me, the only occasion I have each year to view anime in a theater-like setting. I like to convince myself that I'll be enjoying a work of art valued by otaku. :3

--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

Glitch

Quote from: GoodAsianDriver on January 25, 2012, 11:29:41 PM
Presently watching a few of these on crunchyroll. A lot of them I have not seen before (this is a good thing!) I like using the anime watching rooms as a method of discovery.

Not that it isn't already included in the current lineup (I wouldn't know as I'm not completely familiar with all of these titles) but I feel like there should be an effort to show less popular but critically acclaimed anime titles. FanimeCon is, for me, the only occasion I have each year to view anime in a theater-like setting. I like to convince myself that I'll be enjoying a work of art valued by otaku. :3

That takes me back to my first Fanime(2001). I really liked watching anime in a theater type setting(I remember looking forward to that).
Escoflowne was being shown one time and the audio was amazing.