What's your first Anime?

Started by Mordyan, April 28, 2004, 03:57:04 PM

senritsu

well technically speaking my childhood memories ar overloaded with speed racer... now i cant stand it

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.

Crazed Mech

My firts anime was

i know this is going to be stuped but its was......

Pokemon
:oops:

when it first got started here

before kids wb baught the us rights for it

when i was buying pokemon cards in a comic store i say a shelfe
with anime vhs tapes for rent

I have to thank my anime begings to a little yellow rodent  :cry:

"may the anime be with you"

Monkey D. Luffy_2004

Quote from: "Crazed Mech"My firts anime was

i know this is going to be stuped but its was......

Pokemon
:oops:

when it first got started here

before kids wb baught the us rights for it

when i was buying pokemon cards in a comic store i say a shelfe
with anime vhs tapes for rent

I have to thank my anime begings to a little yellow rodent  :cry:

"may the anime be with you"

lol little yellow rodent and its series that just wont die :P
sounds like a spy movie.

ip136

There's nothing wrong with WB gettin' Pokemon.. I would watch that EVERY SUNDAY. It was a routine. And then I got my first job.. and no doubt, at 10am during the rush hour, I would fill waters for the customers and sing.. "i'm gonna be the very best.. the best there ever was.. To catch them is my real test.. to train them is my cause.. POKEMON!"
Thankfully, I worked as a hostess in a hometown resteraunt where the owners were very good friends of my family. ^^; They didn't mind one bit.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Tuplica

I'm part of the Pokemon generation... However, Sailor Moon was the thing that actually got me pulled into anime's lair in the first place... a friend of mine had a binder with a picture of Super Sailor Moon manga style and I couldn't keep my eyes off it. :D
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

VictimX

I think it was WB who use to show Card Captors? I used to watch that, aside from that I did watch Sailor Moon and DBZ on a regular bases. Then I kinda stoped watching t.v. now mostly videos/dvd or out on the town.

yOna

i never had channels on tv until around....5th-6th grade. and i never had cartoon network until 8th grade =(. thus, the first anime i saw was sailor moon right after school., then dbz, then gundam wing. i've seen others after, but gundam wing was my ultimate obsession.
Christine L.
FanimeCon Registration Staff

Crazed Mech

Pokemon was first show on channel 31's afternoon shows then they keep show the same 15 or so episodes over and over
Then the wb bought it

And ya wb used to show cardcapters
but they didn't start it at the beging of the serious

YoureMyHiro

Takin it back the first anime I ever saw was speed racer, way back when they used to have it like at 2am on TNT before popeye but after merry melodies. Then sailor moon came around and I was like "So your telling me this pimp in a tuxedo goes around pimping evil with five magical hoes? hell yeah, serve me up some more of this anime sheezee" and then it came to be......

Hooha!

swordofthebezerk

Robotech, Salior Moon, Project A-ko and the first four episodes of Dragon Ball Z oh oh oh oh and Ronin Warriors too! RIO OF WILDFIRE! Hah those were the days.

Updated Version

recomet15

For the love of... I forgot to put the "d" in "redcomet15"... - redcomet15

Kyle stabell

I don't remember much of it but my first Anime was Transformers(TOS)
Cosplay costumes:
2 Ranma outfits - 100% done
Himura Kenshin - 100% done
MGS2 guard - 85% done

swordofthebezerk

Quote from: "recomet15"*Tch* Anubis owned all!
Man I totally forgot about the man himself! Hah Rio was the only one I could remember lol.

Updated Version

Kouri Neko

My first anime was Unico.  I still like watching it. =^_^=
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Soygirl

Well let's see- I guess it depends. My intro to Japanese culture started when my grandpa bought me a Game Boy when I was 5ish, with Tetris and later Mario. At about age 8, I saved up $20 in change and bought a Nintendo (first games: Dragon Warrior, Shadowbane, Mario 3). So I was hooked right there. A couple years later I got a Genesis and became really interested in Sonic- I started reading the comics (some of which might qualify as manga? I dunno) and watching the tv show. I also used to go next door to my best friend's house and we would sit around and read the comics and draw our own Sonic Comics.

As for pure anime, my first was probably the original Dragonball (not DBZ). I also watched some Sailor Moon but I was never really hooked on it. I can proudly say I was never a fan of DBZ! I guess when I was 11 Pokemon for gameboy came out and I got hooked on that (I caught 'em all, including Mew! :D) and then started watching the tv show. And the first manga I ever bought was Ranma 1/2.

And now I'll end my 'essay' ¬_¬ heheh

Mystic_Man

Some of my first animes were The Sea Prince and the Fire Child, Unico, Sailormoon, Dragon Ball Z and Ranma 1/2. There was a local cable channel that I used to watch that played Evangelion, Key the Metal Idol, Lum and Please Save the Earth <-- title was something like that:? I'm not sure it's been a couple of years since I watched that channel.

drallcome

its "Please save my Earth".  Got it on VHS
Fanime Member since 1999

LinLinLucy

Mine were Sailormoon, Pokemon, and Cardcaptors... (GAH i hated how they botched card captor sakura)

maui_dolphin

My first anime was Transor Z :P oh man funny dubbing, that was when i was a child. Wait i still am a child... it was at least 10 years ago though

Seshomaru

yo  my first anime to was dbz and db and yu yu hakusho it maded me in to a fulll blooded otaku! :P  :D  :shock:  :wink:
wazup homies