What's your first Anime?

Started by Mordyan, April 28, 2004, 03:57:04 PM

Mordyan

We have "what's you favorite anime?" topic. I was wondering what was the first anime you ever saw?

Also, a similar thread,  what is the anime that turned you into a full blooded otaku?

The first anime I ever watched when I was a young kid was Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman). Robotech was what got my hooked on anime though.

RyuHayabusa

me: Astro Boy and Mazinger Z

Anime that turned me into a full otaku: Akira ^_^
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

digitalimp

My first, and possibly still favorite, is Project A-Ko. I saw it first when I was really little and Sci-Fi channel used to have the anime marathons. I didn't even know what anime was back then.

Somewhere between Samurai Pizza cats and Sailor Moon was when I really started liking anime.
Shake it like a polaroid picture.

Monkey D. Luffy_2004

My first anime was dbz.I used to watch that show all the time when I was like 5 I belive.I was so interested into the show that later when I 10 I started watching other anime.To tell you the truth I didnt even know what anime is when I was 5.And thanks to my addiction to games also lead to more anime.
sounds like a spy movie.

recomet15

The first anime I saw, if memory serves me well, was Voltron! Yeah, that show was awesome.

And I'd be lying if I didn't say that it wasn't until Dragonball Z that I started to become an otaku. That, or Evangelion.
For the love of... I forgot to put the "d" in "redcomet15"... - redcomet15

KimaLucifer

Mine were....

Series:
Kiteretsu Daihyakka
Doraemon
Sazae-san
Anpan-man

Movie:
Nausicca -Valley of the Winds-
Laputa -Castle in the Sky-

Then manga:
Candy Candy

-This is what you get when you grow up in Japan XD
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

VictimX

The first anime I ever saw was Bubble Gum Crisis over at my friends house in the early 90's.

DayDreamerNessa

sailormoon, it was on right after school and was interesting compared to other crap on t.v. even if it is a dub, i was only 10 =P lol
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

drallcome

Movie: Akira

Series: RoboTech, Speed Racer, and Voltron.

Whoa.. Im old school! =^-^=
Fanime Member since 1999

platinum edge

Don't worry Drallcome, you're not the only old school person.  My first series was Robotech, during the Southern Cross season (ie Zor and the Masters).  Shortly afterwards, I saw something called Teknoman (Tekkaman in Japan), but the series was cancelled half way through.  That was my gateway into anime.  Following these two series, I went on to Evangelion, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, ect...
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

KinFreon

First Anime: "Voltron", "Robotech"

Otaku Catalyst: "Sailor Moon", "Project A-Ko"

Mordyan

Yeah growing up with old school anime on TV was great.  I loved Voltron. Then I remember when we started passing around copies of anime on VHS. Some of it wasn't even subtitled! It was so counter culture/underground. hehehe

Thank god for DVDs! The first DVDs i bought were Cowboy Bebop and Tenchi Muyo!

felicity869

When I was little I used to watch Urusei Yatsura on PBS all the time. There were others that I really like before that one but I don't remember what they're called or what they're even about.

senritsu

first anime: i think it was legend of the overfiend...i'm not sure it had teeth and tenticles and i was drunk or on something so i didnt like anime for a while after that

but then ah outlaw star i thought that was neat
but then my next boyfriend made me watch ninja scroll that was better
and then i had a boyfriend who made me watch trigun
ooh trigun
and then.....*continues to yammer on about her otaku history*
and now i'm trying to learn japanese and hooked on dn angel
*takes a breath*

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.

phoenixsdark

The first one was when I was 3 years old.  Battle of the Planets aka Gatchaman (sic?) It was on between Space Giants and the Monkees.
Reality is highly subjective.

ip136

I was once told this was actually an anime so..Uhm.. Inspector Gadget...  8)  THough it probably isn't, and I'm just seriously gullible.

Then Thundercats..

Then I fell in wub with Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Ah! Megami-sama, MKRE, so on and so forth.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

VictimX

ip136

Quote from: "VictimX"Is Thunder Cats an anime?

Hush! No, I dun think so.. but it looks like it. <.<; I'm trying to sound all hard core by sayin' old cartoons.  :wink:
Clicky my Art Pwease?

drallcome

Well.. all cartoons are anime. BUT.. then there is (ANIME).  If you look up what anime is its just cartoon.. Just us Americans call Japanese cartoons Anime.  Uh.. did that make any sence to anyone?
Fanime Member since 1999

swordofthebezerk

Made sense to me oh wise one.

Updated Version