What's your first Anime?

Started by Mordyan, April 28, 2004, 03:57:04 PM

fighter_for_hire

my 1st anime was Gundam Wing Mobile Suit and Sailor Moon

turned me into an otaku: DBZ

Pyoko

My first anime was Speed Racer. What made me actually hook on to anime was Key the Metal Idle or DiGi Charat or something.  :?
You can't spell slaughter without laughter! ^__^

TJ_the_Kitsune

The first anime series I saw was Ronin Warriors. I didn't even know what anime was then. lol

YummySushi

It all started with the moon. Well to be specific, it was Sailor Moon. It was all about fighting for love and justice..

Auron-X

Ya Sailior Moon was my first also.
Dude you're the sasquatch you're real! I knew it all along! Naw jk but thats your nickname now hehe- Sword

I am also known as Sasquatch and Pervy Shoujo Man!

Yuffie

I'm not sure which one I saw first but I know it was one of these:
- Sailor Moon
- Darkstalkers
- Devil Hunter Yohko (that one got me in trouble)
- Speed Racer
What got me hooked on to anime:
- Ranma 1/2
- Fushigi Yuugi
- Rayearth

Tsubasa

First?  Probably something like Voltron or the Transformers movie.  The first one that I recognized as anime and got me into the medium though, was Dragonball.  Not Z; the original.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

niwa

DBZ and I think Voltron 5.. if that was an anime.. o_O *cannot remember* anyway-- its nto the animes that got me into anime [though I did like DBZ for a while.. ]

The anime that got me into anime was Kodocha and it shall forever be my #1 fave anime ever! xD
y0.

Yami

my first was Guyver o.o and I was 6 years old when i watched it o.o;; They were rented from Blockbuster XD now blockbuster doesn't have them anymore. T_T Guyver will always be my fave xD
Fear my Pink Bunny, Lucifer!!!! XD

JRock Connection Director/Staff

I once was told there was nothing left here for me, but I found something no one else can have.

WOW I haven't logged on here in forever. That's sad. =(

GokuMew2

Transformers.
But I didn't really know what anime was until Pokemon. =.P
Of course I had watched it before like with Samurai Pizza Cats and stuff but ya. Man, they should bring back SPC... "Who do you call when you want some pepperoni? Samurai Pizza Cats!" X.D

They also need to re-air Transformers. It's such a classic I can't believe it's not on Cartoon Network! And I mean the original series, of course. Beast Wars too... That was the only other TF series I liked. The new series have annoying kids in them. =.\ I remember there was a petition for the TF movie to be re-released in theaters in 2005 since that's the year the movie takes place. Wonder if it'll happen.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Ryu-Ness

My first was My Friend Totoro. <3 it. ^_^ But as a series goes, my first was Pokemon, and no, I'm not afraid to say it. XD After that was Sailor Moon. I'm still a rabid fan of the manga, too. >)

Gawd...someone interviewed me on that.  I hope it doesn't turn up in Animerica or something~! xD

P.S. See that $300 card in my dresser there from Pokemon? Yeah. That proves my addiction. <_<;

YummySushi

Quote from: "Ryu-Ness"Gawd...someone interviewed me on that.  I hope it doesn't turn up in Animerica or something~! xD

I guess you should be happy the guys from Kwoon didn't use your interview. XD

OniCourseMusha

Boooooyyyy!! This is a tricky one..... since my parents hooked me up wit Japanese kids program and anime when I was little. I think my first Anime Ive watched was Doraemon, SazaeSan, and DragonBall.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Daisho

First thing I saw that could be considered anime was probably Starblazers or the Shogun Warriors.  The first thing I saw not on standard TV was Bubble Gum Crisis (not 2040) and Macross Do You Remember Love?  

On a related note my first sentai shows were Gorangers, Spectreman, Ultraman, Johnny Sokko, and Space Giants.  Anyone else remember watching all this stuff on Captain Cosmic?
Small minds are often the same

ININ

On TV, Starblazers.  First anime purchase, Ranma 1/2 first season.  Got the VHS tapes 33% off at a comic book store going out of business.

Madam Pinkness

1st anime must be SAILOR MOON!! and still loving it!  8)  doesn't matter if it's still dub. ^_^

Refreshe

hehe Sailor Moon :mrgreen: I used to watch it in the Philippines and I continued to in the US.. lol I have so many SM collectibles it's so funny :oops:
Garbage - Shut Your Mouth