Hotel Website Goes Live on February 6th at Noon (and FAQ)

Started by M, January 21, 2012, 11:32:08 PM

FanFicGuru

I was on at 11:55 and nabbed my Fairmont hotel room like a boss.
I figured there would be a slightly earlier release of the server.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

fotoace

This is my first time coming to Fanime.  Does hotel usually get reserved this fast for Fanime?  Most of it already booked only after 5 hours.  Wow!  The hotel which is still available is 3 miles away.  Does this mean I have to take taxi daily from the hotel to the convention?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: fotoace on February 06, 2012, 05:18:27 PM
This is my first time coming to Fanime.  Does hotel usually get reserved this fast for Fanime?  Most of it already booked only after 5 hours.  Wow!  The hotel which is still available is 3 miles away.  Does this mean I have to take taxi daily from the hotel to the convention?

I know that the Doubletree had a free shuttle daily between the hotel and the convention center, so if you wanted to stay there you wouldn't have to pay for a taxi. However, the shuttle wait times sometimes were long and inconvenient. Still, for a free service you can't really complain haha.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Mr Lex

Whoever nabbed the $88/night room at the Marriott from Thur-Monday....I HATE YOU.

All kidding aside, I was wondering if there was a way to guarantee a room to stay reserved no matter when you check in by paying early. I got a room from Thur-Mon at the Marriott and can't seem to figure out an option for pre-paying.

Sorry if I'm not supposed to ask general questions within this thread.

sael

Perhaps someone can assist me...

I have a room at the Fairmont and am on the waitlist for a suite. The Fanime reservation page lists it as a "Junior Suite" but I do not see that option listed on the Fairmont Suites description page. Am I correct in believing that the "Junior Suite" is an Executive suite, or is it something different?

Rodney_Pheonix

There should have been an option for those booking multiple rooms. Not that I'm complaining it's just I was booking rooms for a larger group and we're trying to stay in one hotel and that hotel good booked up on the room price level I was booking midway through booking them, so I had to move all of them into another hotel so we could stay together etc.

I got it done and my college's Genshiken (yes that's our club's name) is booked to come, it was jus a slightly annoying experience going through the screen six times in a row.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

InsaneChan

Got a room at the Saint Claire! I was considering trying the Hilton or Marriott this year just for something new, but they were gone by the time I logged on, so it's the Saint Clare again this year ^^ I'm pretty happy about it though--I stayed there last year and they were amazing.
Love. Life. fANIME.

M

I normally hate locking threads, but it was just completely easier to manage a brand new thread for FAQ. If you have questions that weren't answered in this thread, I have PMed you. If I missed your question, please PM it to me (and I'm sorry for missing it).

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16902.0.html
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!