Hotel Website Goes Live on February 6th at Noon (and FAQ)

Started by M, January 21, 2012, 11:32:08 PM

M

I'm sorry for the (possible) misleading subject line.

This will serve as an FAQ until our hotel room website goes live.

Q: When will rooms be available? (Updated on February 2nd)
A: Hotel rooms will be available on February 6th at noon. As soon as we're complete with the code and checking all of the text to ensure that the information is correct. The original target date was "by the end of January" but this might be missed (continue reading to see why). We are going to miss the January timeframe, but will give updates as we get/have them.

Q: I read somewhere that you won't release the hotel website as soon as it is ready. Why not?!
A: In order to let the word spread about the hotel website opening, we're going to announce the date that it goes live well ahead of time (preferably a week in advance, but it might only be 3-4 business days) so that the word can spread. We found out that it's not really fair to just launch the website randomly and hope that everyone is paying attention to our website 24/7.

Q: I'm on staff. Do I book my room through this hotel website?
A: No. The current information flow is that HR will send the information out to the staff list. The process of booking a staff room differs from the "public" (for lack of a better word) hotel website.

Q: I called <one of your hotels> and was told that rooms aren't available.
A: Yes, rooms have been blocked off and can only be reserved through our hotel website.

Q: Where will information be posted? (Added on 1/22 thanks to Runewitt)
A: The official Twitter account, the official Facebook account, the FanimeCon website, and these forums.

Q: I have a question, what do I do?
A: Post here or PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Gigantor

Thank you very much for keeping us up to date. ^_^

Even if it gets extended past January I think a week's advance notice would be much more preferable since everyone should have a chance to get the information by that point.

Runewitt

Will you be sending a notice out through facebook and twitter?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

M

Quote from: Runewitt on January 22, 2012, 02:41:00 AMWill you be sending a notice out through facebook and twitter?
Website post, Facebook, Twitter, and forum post for both the announcement of the launch and the actual launch. :)

otakuforlife

Awesome; looking forward to hotels going online so that I can see where I stand with the group I'm planning to go with as far as how much my end will cost!
Fanime 2024 Cross-play plans (order subject to change)

Day 0 - No cosplay
Day 1 - Shioriko Mifune (summer uniform)
Day 2 - Rin Hoshizora (winter uniform)
Day 3 - Shiki Wakana (summer uniform)
Day 4 - Rei Ayanami (school uniform) or maid

BenihimeSama

Wishing we could at least get a rate look.... So when you guys go live, we already know where to go. Although most of us already know.

I am wondering, if we are keeping the same hotels as last year? Since Clockwork Alchemy is at the Doubletree which was one of our back up hotels, it would be nice to have as an option.
Venus Benihime-Sama
Panelist Since 2008
Panels Staff Member since 2010
Proud member of Rena's Rangers! 

Owner of The Geeky Manifestos Blog
Just admit it: Otakus just do it better.

M

Quote from: BenihimeSama on January 28, 2012, 09:56:24 PM
Wishing we could at least get a rate look.... So when you guys go live, we already know where to go. Although most of us already know.

I am wondering, if we are keeping the same hotels as last year? Since Clockwork Alchemy is at the Doubletree which was one of our back up hotels, it would be nice to have as an option.
The prices will be the same or really close and we are adding a few hotel options. :)

Freight

Since the hotel registration doesn't seem like it will be up today, what's the projected date at this time?

M

Quote from: Freight on January 31, 2012, 11:53:10 AMSince the hotel registration doesn't seem like it will be up today, what's the projected date at this time?
ETA unknown. We'll give updates as we get them.

mariotheotaku

This is probably a dumb question but will we be able to see room prices before hotel reg goes up?

M

Quote from: mariotheotaku on January 31, 2012, 10:12:34 PMThis is probably a dumb question but will we be able to see room prices before hotel reg goes up?
I'm going to ask for this and see if I can get it ahead of time to post it. :)

mariotheotaku

M

Quote from: mariotheotaku on January 31, 2012, 10:24:07 PMThank you.  :)
If we're going to be delayed, we're going to at least give you as much information as we can to prepare. ;)

(I can only promise that I'll try to get the information - no idea if I'll actually be able to get it)

mariotheotaku

ok, it's no prob, I understand if you are not able to get it at this point.

xaxafour

In the past, do you know how long it took to fill all the hotel spaces (Hilton/Marriott)?

M

Quote from: xaxafour on February 02, 2012, 01:18:50 AMIn the past, do you know how long it took to fill all the hotel spaces (Hilton/Marriott)?
We've generally "filled" up on the first day or so. The reason the word 'filled' is in quotes is because people will drop their room reservation before the cutoff date, which opens up a slot.

kohana ichibana

Thank you for the update! Getting any information right now is greatly appreciated.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

M

Quote from: MPLe on January 21, 2012, 11:32:08 PMQ: When will rooms be available? (Updated on February 2nd)
A: Hotel rooms will be available on February 6th at noon.

UPDATED. ;)

sayonararollingstar

Oh, man. I have a six hour class on friday and I might not be able to book at noon. Just wondering, how fast do the Hilton or Marriott sell out within the first hours or so? I hope they don't sell out as fast as the artist alley tables did. :C

M

Quote from: sayonararollingstar on February 02, 2012, 07:04:07 PM
Oh, man. I have a six hour class on friday and I might not be able to book at noon. Just wondering, how fast do the Hilton or Marriott sell out within the first hours or so? I hope they don't sell out as fast as the artist alley tables did. :C
I don't actually have that detailed stats, but I will hope that everyone that wants a Hilton room gets one (this might be impossible).